OT: Restaurant thread

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
And so, Elon Musk orders all Tesla workers back to work at his California Factory - defying local California health authorities. He said, they can come and arrest me if they want, and Trump fully approved Elon's actions.

Enough is enough of all this crap, and shutting down society. If your sick, or old then "stay home", practise social distancing or whatever, but this Virus protection thing has gotten way way out of hand.

Way to go Elon --and authorities now have backed off, and said he could operate, providing certain cautions are taken. They will not close down his factory at Tesla, like they threatened too.

If we let serious flus, and other health risks "control" our society --we'll be in bring trouble. It's time for business people to step up like Elon did, and not be dictated to by government. :nod:

Not having the National Parks open in MB and SK this weekend is disgraceful, small businesses in both parks have a tough time as it is and losing a long weekend basically puts them at break even for the season.

June 1st is a joke when they could open now pretty much everywhere in Canada aside form Quebec!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Not having the National Parks open in MB and SK this weekend is disgraceful, small businesses in both parks have a tough time as it is and losing a long weekend basically puts them at break even for the season.

June 1st is a joke when they could open now pretty much everywhere in Canada aside form Quebec!

I'm with you 100 % Sip --I'm getting sick and tired of all this crap, regarding the Virus, and so are the majority of people I talk too. It's time we get back to business, so people can pay their mortgages, and put food on the table to feed their families.

Enough is enough !!! -- I have had it.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

I'm with you 100 % Sip --I'm getting sick and tired of all this crap, regarding the Virus, and so are the majority of people I talk too. It's time we get back to business, so people can pay their mortgages, and put food on the table to feed their families.

Enough is enough !!! -- I have had it.

How many more restaurants and other businesses do we want to bankrupt and close, 7 friggin deaths in Manitoba and all people with underlying major health issues and now down to 35 people with active COVID infections. People get social distancing, open things up, keep the damn border to the US closed and move on......end of rant!

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
How many more restaurants and other businesses do we want to bankrupt and close, 7 friggin deaths in Manitoba and all people with underlying major health issues and now down to 35 people with active COVID infections. People get social distancing, open things up, keep the damn border to the US closed and move on......end of rant!
This is all getting very tiresome.
That’s what being addicted to news does to people....they get fixated on what they can’t control and show too much concern on those not within their circle of influence....ex Trump

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This is all getting very tiresome.
That’s what being addicted to news does to people....they get fixated on what they can’t control and show too much concern on those not within their circle of influence....ex Trump

Good point, it’s why a Americans living in rural Wyoming feel the need to own 8 handguns because they heard there was another murder 1500 miles away in Detroit!

Locked and loaded Ethel and keep the damn lights on!

Reactions: Eyeseeing

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The Segovia closing didn't have anything to do with the pandemic.

Pretty sure that no business $ for 2 months didn’t help, regardless Tony Roma’s Nairn location was closed because of the pandemic!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
How many more restaurants and other businesses do we want to bankrupt and close, 9 friggin deaths in Manitoba and all people with underlying major health issues and now down to 35 people with active COVID infections. People get social distancing, open things up, keep the damn border to the US closed and move on......end of rant!

As Sip points out --only 9 deaths in Manitoba, and no concern or regard for the other 99.9 % of us that can't go on with a normal lifestyle. You can't get your teeth fixed, haircut, go to a restaurant or watch a football or hockey game. Shall this less that 1 % of deaths in society dictate our behaviour and lifestyle ?? It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen --a total farce if you ask me.

Should the "micro portion" of society rule and dictate policy to the majority -99.9% of us ?? It shouldn't happen, but that's what's going down, and people are getting mighty pissed off-- including me.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Delivery and take-out might be fine for restaurants that were geared that way originally, but the high margin liquor sales that kept these places afloat have evaporated. Having 5 out of 15 patio tables open probably isn't going to do it either.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

As Sip points out --only 9 deaths in Manitoba, and no concern or regard for the other 99.9 % of us that can't go on with a normal lifestyle. You can't get your teeth fixed, haircut, go to a restaurant or watch a football or hockey game. Shall this less that 1 % of deaths in society dictate our behaviour and lifestyle ?? It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen --a total farce if you ask me.

Should the "micro portion" of society rule and dictate policy to the majority -99.9% of us ?? It shouldn't happen, but that's what's going down, and people are getting mighty pissed off-- including me.
The vast majority is getting a bit annoyed but is scared to say anything for fear of being shamed for not caring.
Let’s throw the baby out with the bath water.

Reactions: GNP

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
If peoole think they know more than the medical professionals we have put in high ranking positions to make these kinds of decissions then have at her I guess (politicians should not be making the call) .... I will let those professionals who have years and years and years of experience in this area decide when it is acceptable to resume activities again and at what levels.

Yikes I will roll the dice with the decisions an epidemiologist makes over people who are getting tired of being at home.....

Reactions: scelaton

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
If peoole think they know more than the medical professionals we have put in high ranking positions to make these kinds of decissions then have at her I guess (politicians should not be making the call) .... I will let those professionals who have years and years and years of experience in this area decide when it is acceptable to resume activities again and at what levels.

Yikes......
You mean people like Dr. Tam
Yikes you are sheeple

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I am no authority on the matter, but we have likely only had 9 deaths because of these precautionary measures that were put in place. It was a matter of getting ahead of the spread and limiting exposure as to not overwhelm the healthcare system. It is not rare to hear of several or dozen COVID cases can be traced back to one or two individuals that were disregarding safety measures or isolation. I have the impression there are now some promising drugs on the horizon that speed up recovery and reduce fatality, which likely makes it easier to start easing restrictions.

Reactions: SCP Guy

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I still trust her knowledge over eveyone on this board put together.... Maybe I'm wrong and we have dozens of epidemiologist that hang out on this hockey forum? :D

So we were slow to react.... But now lets bust it open? Seems like a great idea...

Slow and steady reopening is the right move here, in my sheeple opinion....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: USApegger

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I still trust her knowledge over eveyone on this board put together.... Maybe I'm wrong and we have dozens of epidemiologist that hang out on this hockey forum? :D

So we were slow to react.... But now lets bust it open? Seems like a great idea...

Slow and steady reopening is the right move here, in my sheeple opinion....lol

There’s no possible way you read the 3 parts given the time frame from when I posted until your reply.
So if you think Dr. Tam is a rock star good on you .

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Delivery and take-out might be fine for restaurants that were geared that way originally, but the high margin liquor sales that kept these places afloat have evaporated. Having 5 out of 15 patio tables open probably isn't going to do it either.

Yeah, we went to Brewhouse last weekend in the afternoon and it was all of five tables on the patio. We just went for some beers and I don't think we helped their margin at all. Next time I go out I won't eat prior so I can order food.

I don't know if it was mandated to be that way, I'd have thought that doing an 'every other' table type of set up would have been better and it would have more than doubled their limited capacity.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
You guys are in the wrong thread ...:huh:

Go and help support your local restaurant via take out; maybe a big pizza or something you like

source.gif

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
There’s no possible way you read the 3 parts given the time frame from when I posted until your reply.
So if you think Dr. Tam is a rock star good on you .

As late as the end of January Tam was still saying “nothing to worry about“ in CANADA, COVID-19 wasn’t contagious, the WHO got this, we’re good here! Rock star alright!

Pandemic is going to set Canada back financially for a generation!

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

7 deaths in Manitoba

Reactions: GNP and sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad