Former Bruins Rest in Peace - Colby Cave 1994 - 2020

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
RIP Colby. It really pisses me off and saddens me a great deal when a guy as decent and nice as Colby dies far too early. It doesn't seem fair.

Reactions: Ladyfan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Did they ever say what caused this? Like was it a congenital brain malformation, an aneurysm/blood clot, or head trauma?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“On behalf of the entire Bruins organization I want to extend my deepest sympathy and condolences to Colby’s family. As an undrafted free agent from Saskatchewan, Colby chose the Bruins and once he came to our organization, he seized the opportunity and showed on and off the ice that he was a special hockey player and person,” Bruins president Cam Neely said. “He was, and will always be a Bruin, and he will be dearly missed by everyone who was lucky enough to know him.”

From Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy: “Colby was a solid player, beloved teammate, but more importantly a truly special person. He will be missed but never forgotten. Our thoughts and condolences go out to Emily, her family and the Cave family.”

From Bruins captain Zdeno Chara: "To Colby’s wife Emily, his parents, and both of their families, I am so saddened and sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during these difficult times. We will all cherish our memories and be grateful for the time we had with such a special person as Colby. He was a great teammate and a friend. He will be deeply missed. On behalf of myself and the rest of the players on the Boston Bruins, please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad