Former Bruins Rest in Peace - Colby Cave 1994 - 2020

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
This is heartbreaking news. I can only imagine how rough this must be on Colby's wife and family especially given the current situation.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is heartbreaking news. I can only imagine how rough this must be on Colby's wife and family especially given the current situation.
Yeah, I can't imagine making funeral arrangements and knowing only a handful of people can be there. Sure, you can have a memorial later, but when would that be, and then it's hanging over your head indefinitely with no closure. I know there are a lot of people in that situation right now but it doesn't make anyone feel any better.

Reactions: EvilDead

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Tragic. In the midst of so much death and loss this one feels particularly sad and egregious. Colby seemed like such a wonderful young man. My heart goes out to he and his wife's families. The ultimate compliment was paid in Sweeney's comments, stating that Cave "exhibited Patrice Bergeron-like characteristics on and off the ice".

We just don't know how many days are allotted to each of us. Treasure every one.

aguineapig

Twenty five stars
Are yours in the skies
One for each year
You were here by our side

We cry to the Heavens
Hurting, wondering why?
We're left with the grieving
That we hope heals with time

You will always be remembered
For when the day declines
Twenty five stars
Will shine down with your smile

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
There are days that I feel like if I ever broke down and allowed myself to cry I may not be able to stop.
Can't imagine what his family, his loved ones are feeling.
This is terrible, tragic news. May he rest in peace and be welcomed by the angels.

Last edited:

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I was lucky enough to know Colby and meet him and his wife 2 years ago. He is a good hockey player yes.

Let me tell you, he is an even better human being. He treated my son like gold, was never to busy for him and always made time to play mini sticks, talk to him and spend time no matter his what he had planned.

Colby and his wife are top notch people who make time for everybody.

The world lost a star on and off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->