Former Bruins Rest in Peace - Colby Cave 1994 - 2020

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That sucks. Bad.

I don't remember too much of his play, but IIRC he was a steady, unspectacular depth guy to have on the roster. And that he had the distinction of getting Chiarelli fired in both Boston and Edmonton (acquiring him was the last move he made in both cities prior to being fired)

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
My wife and I rode up in the hotel elevator with him and a bunch of others in South Bend before the Winter Classic. My wife was in one corner with me on the opposite side. Colby came in last so it was a full elevator. I knew who he was, but my wife kept clearing her throat trying to get my attention with the "do you see who that is look". I ignored it and laughed to myself. We were first off and our friends who were also on the elevator said he chuckled after we got off. Get well Colby!

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I loved the Caveman and I maintain that if he had gotten a few breaks when he was playing so well at the start of last year he would be a very good everyday player. I still think the world of him and love the way he plays. This is awful.

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So is this basically an aneurysm? This is awful. I wish him the absolute best. Reminds me of Craig Cunningham in a way... Two guys that played very critical roles in Providence and probably would’ve gotten a much better opportunity In other organizations with worse rosters. Hopefully he can come out of this and lead an excellent life, even if hockey is not in the cards

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So is this basically an aneurysm? This is awful. I wish him the absolute best. Reminds me of Craig Cunningham in a way... Two guys that played very critical roles in Providence and probably would’ve gotten a much better opportunity In other organizations with worse rosters. Hopefully he can come out of this and lead an excellent life, even if hockey is not in the cards

An aneurysm kills when it bursts/breaks so it has to be something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad