Report: Rangers granted permission to interview Gallant for HC vacancy

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
We all have no idea what a coach will do once they take over.

Of course actions speak louder than words, and we'll have to see how that translates to the Rangers' roster, however, at least he made that statement during a past interview and understands the concept of making mistakes/accountability as part of his coaching philosophy.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Not to jinx it, but we are kind of getting what we want. For the past three years, got what we want.

I just want to see what Gallant can do here. Any chance Torts could be assistant? lol

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
What is "fair value"? Gotta remember, Rangers always end up paying slightly more in a trade and especially now where the "toffness" problem is right in front of their face.
Wait do you think he wasn't being sarcastic and was saying that a 4th is an overpayment for him? :laugh: Pretty sure he's saying a 4th isn't much to give up for him lol

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Yeah, I would guess that Reaves would cost a 2nd or an early 3rd. Especially if we're initiating the trade talks.

And even at that price, Vegas might still decide against it. He isn't a guy that can be replaced.

Reactions: egelband

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I know he's kind of a train wreck financially and he plays lw but wouldn't evander kane solve a lot of issues with our forward group, like if he was moved for Kreider,and he wasn't a day away from quitting hockey to stop creditors from bothering him, like he was just Evander and not Evander the broke gambling addict lol.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
If Reaves cost more than a 4th I would probably walk away and explore other options.

And that's fair. I think I'd do a pick later than 50th or so at the draft, as long as there is nobody that they really want to take in that spot.

He's a rare guy in today's league.

fm

Jul 28, 2016
3rd and a 6th and a warm body from the AHL or Europe. Boom

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
If Reaves cost more than a 4th I would probably walk away and explore other options.

Personally I rather develop our own with Cuylle. Rather go for someone a bit younger. Crouse from the Yotes would be a better option and younger

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I’d trade a 2nd for easily.
That would be poor asset management and wreaks of desperation. You cannot be trading 2nd round picks for a 4th liner because you got bullied by Tom Wilson and the Islanders.

Maybe you dont find a nasty sob fighter, but you can find some forwards that play a heavier, tough, and forechecking game — Cizikas and Goodrow are just two forwards right off the bat.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I would love Reaves, but you cannot overpay for him. Crouse is indeed another good option. To a lesser extent maybe you can pry Greenway out of Minny.

They will find a way

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
That would be poor asset management and wreaks of desperation. You cannot be trading 2nd round picks for a 4th liner because you got bullied by Tom Wilson and the Islanders.

Maybe you dont find a nasty sob fighter, but you can find some forwards that play a heavier, tough, and forechecking game — Cizikas and Goodrow are just two forwards right off the bat.

Boone Jenner, Dustin Brown (pissed when the Rangers passed him for Hugh Bustiman,b doubt he leaves LA, always liked him) both top 6 skill that play a heavy game.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I would love Reaves, but you cannot overpay for him. Crouse is indeed another good option. To a lesser extent maybe you can pry Greenway out of Minny.

They will find a way

Would be funny they get Greenway after Quinn is gone. Greenway is another option.
I just hope Cuylle steals a spot in training camp.

Reactions: egelband

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Look the team needs sandpaper but it needs more speed as well.

Cuylles skating needs a lot of work before he is NHL ready. If it was 2004 I’d say go crazy but he’s a late 2nd round pick that they don’t need to rush.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Goodrow cost a 1st, and Czikas would too . Pitt paid a 1st for Reaves (which was too much) but a late 2nd or 2 3rds I would definitely do

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Reminder that the Rangers don’t have a second.

also Reaves for a 2nd is ridiculous. I like Reaves as much as the next guy but he isn’t and shouldn’t be costing that much.

Reactions: CLW and RGY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad