Report: Rangers granted permission to interview Gallant for HC vacancy

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Goodrow cost a 1st, and Czikas would too . Pitt paid a 1st for Reaves (which was too much) but a late 2nd or 2 3rds I would definitely do

Pitt also paid a solid prospect Sundqvist.

Cizikas is a UFA and is almost guaranteed to be over valued on the open market even moreso if the Islanders go on another deep run.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I know he's kind of a train wreck financially and he plays lw but wouldn't evander kane solve a lot of issues with our forward group, like if he was moved for Kreider,and he wasn't a day away from quitting hockey to stop creditors from bothering him, like he was just Evander and not Evander the broke gambling addict lol.
He's fighting with a e-celeb on social media at the moment. I'd stay far away from that situation if I were the Rangers.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I read so much that Gallant isn't an Xs and Os guy, which is exactly what I read about Quinn. I'll be honest, makes me feel uneasy.
people keep saying this but nothing about his coaching record indicates this is true. he’s run airtight systems for years

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Rangers may be looking for another Tanner Glass before the offseason is over. Just saying. Examples—the Kings have a guy in the AHL named Boko Imama or the Red Wings have a guy who’s been an up down and up down in Givani Smith. Either could fit the role of 4th liner for the Rangers. Both of them are seriously tough. But there are others too.
Givani Smith can play in the NHL. I don't know about this other guy but we're not talking about modeling ourselves on the Kings now. It was 7 years ago. They had Kyle Clifford who could play in the NHL. Tanner Glass being tough wasn't the problem. The fact that he couldn't take a shift was the problem.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Does anyone else feel the same way I do? I don't really want anyone out there to coach. No one excites me.
NHL coaches aren't exciting. When the same 35 guys are getting shuffled around, there isn't much of a need to innovate. I just want somebody decent.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Babcock has all the credentials but in the end the team he iced in Toronto was soft. No logic to hire him.
Gallant did take Vegas to the final. There they were way to soft against Washington.
My guess is that Tortorella is back.
If only the team that wins the Stanley Cup isn't soft, then you're gonna be disappointed a lot.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Does anyone else feel the same way I do? I don't really want anyone out there to coach. No one excites me.

I don't think so. Plenty of excitement if you ask me.

Gallant: mystery box luggage. Numbers check out, his teams played great. The type of vocal coach we want.

Rod Brind'Amour: Warrior Stanley Cup winner. Would bring great mentality.

Torts: the board would melt. That's not exciting to you?

Sullivan: maybe a meh one. But he did coach multiple Stanley Cup winners!

Hartley: meh.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
NHL coaches aren't exciting. When the same 35 guys are getting shuffled around, there isn't much of a need to innovate. I just want somebody decent.

It's also because the coaching across the league is mediocre at best. Trotz is like the only coach who has a positive impact on his team. The rest either just do a decent enough job to not mess up with their star players before their message gets stale and they lose their room, and then a small handful that are just in way over their heads.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
It's also because the coaching across the league is mediocre at best. Trotz is like the only coach who has a positive impact on his team. The rest either just do a decent enough job to not mess up with their star players before their message gets stale and they lose their room, and then a small handful that are just in way over their heads.

Quenneville definitely deserves to be in that top tier category as well.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I used to be on the side of "why are we only seeing retreads?" Then we hired David Quinn...
Facts. That's not to say that something fresh couldn't work, maybe down the line when this team has something in place and doesn't need to be babysat on the basics. But right now, they need a direction.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Of course actions speak louder than words, and we'll have to see how that translates to the Rangers' roster, however, at least he made that statement during a past interview and understands the concept of making mistakes/accountability as part of his coaching philosophy.

Quinn said all the same stuff.

They all do.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I read so much that Gallant isn't an Xs and Os guy, which is exactly what I read about Quinn. I'll be honest, makes me feel uneasy.
Not crazy about it either. Was more into it before I dug more deeply. Just thought he did well where he went, but I suppose you have to ask whether his teams did well because of him or despite of him.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I’m fine with Gallant if he checks out but I’ve got to admit a redux with Tortorella sure is intriguing to think about.
I think this is the best option. What he did with Tampa and our young guys was phenomenal. He knows his assets and adjusts his playing style to his team. That’s a good tactician — and he gets the best out of competitors.

Reactions: Pidto Files

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad