Line Combos: Regular Season Lineups

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
For how much he's making, it would be nice. :laugh:

Game changers don't have 3.5M cap hits.

Actual game changers cost 5-6M+. Someone like Cammalleri and his 6M cap hit, who, peculiarly, isn't criticized near as much, despite being outplayed by Stajan thus far.

Last edited:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
is Backlund top line C right now. is he top pp as well?? yes it's a fantasy question don't shoot me..

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
They don't?

Giroux - $3.75M, Gagne - $3.5M, Tanguay - $3.5M, Clowe - $3.65M,

Maybe we should pay Stajan $6M, THAT will make him play better. :laugh:

Giroux deal his is second contract, one that he got before his break out season last year. Next contract will likely be 7M+.

Tanguay signed at a discount, because he knew he fit comfortably in Calgary and because he got the term he wanted.

Clowes a UFA at the end of the season. Let's watch just how much of a raise he gets.

Stajan's not a game breaker. I'm not sure why you're expect him to be one, or why his ability to succeed is dependent on that, and only that quality.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Giroux deal his is second contract, one that he got before his break out season last year. Next contract will likely be 7M+.

Tanguay signed at a discount, because he knew he fit comfortably in Calgary and because he got the term he wanted.

Clowes a UFA at the end of the season. Let's watch just how much of a raise he gets.

Stajan's not a game breaker. I'm not sure why you're expect him to be one, or why his ability to succeed is dependent on that, and only that quality.

:squint:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
They don't?

Giroux - $3.75M, Gagne - $3.5M, Tanguay - $3.5M, Clowe - $3.65M,

Maybe we should pay Stajan $6M, THAT will make him play better. :laugh:

So the best contract in the nhl is a comparable player to Stajan :laugh:

He isn't star he is complementary player but that doesn't mean he isn't useful people love to **** on him because Sutter thought he was a #1 centermen he isn't get over he still has been good the last 3 games. He fills a very important roll right now, we don't need capspace and it isn't our money so who the **** cares if he is overpaid.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Projected lines for tomorrow (from Steinbergs twitter):
Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg
#Flames lines: Glencross-Tanguay-Iginla; Cammalleri-Backlund-Stempniak; Hudler-Stajan-Cervenka; Begin/Baertschi-Jones-Comeau/Jackman

#Flames D pairings: Giordano-Bouwmeester; Wideman-Brodie; Sarich-Smith; Butler-Babchuk

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Projected lines for tomorrow (from Steinbergs twitter):
Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg
#Flames lines: Glencross-Tanguay-Iginla; Cammalleri-Backlund-Stempniak; Hudler-Stajan-Cervenka; Begin/Baertschi-Jones-Comeau/Jackman

#Flames D pairings: Giordano-Bouwmeester; Wideman-Brodie; Sarich-Smith; Butler-Babchuk
I sure hope they don't plan on baertschi being in a checking role. Send him down if they do, don't waste his potential. The lines actually don't look that bad, but we'll see come tomorrow night.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I sure hope they don't plan on baertschi being in a checking role. Send him down if they do, don't waste his potential. The lines actually don't look that bad, but we'll see come tomorrow night.

Agreed, but from what I heard on 960 Hartley didn't mind Sven sitting a game in the press box to watch one of the games. Personally I'd rather see Bartschi switched with Cammy, since I liked the chemistry he had with Backlund during the Sharks and Ducks games.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Cammalleri has been utter garbage in the first three games. Not sure why he gets to play while Baertschi, who has actually drawn multiple penalties from creative play, has to sit (this is assuming he sits tomorrow). Not a big fan of Cammalleri to be honest; he's a guy who comes across as all talk. Baertschi is one of the few players keeping my interest in the Flames. Sitting him or letting him continue playing with scrubs like Comeau is not a smart decision.

Speaking of Comeau, there is another guy the Flames organization seems to be infatuated with. The play dies on his stick every time he has it. Thank god Comeau turned down Feaster's two year contract offer. I still don't get why guys like Comeau, Jackman, and Jones are getting multi-year offers.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I like Cammy, but I guess since he got an 'A' on his jersey he'll be around for awhile (unless he says the same thing he did back in Montreal :naughty:).

I agree with the Comeau part, I'd rather have Horak in, but I'm still conflicted if I'd want Horak playing 4th line minutes.

Jackman is a piece I'd rather keep on the team. Apart from Iginla, he's the only one that is willing to fight, and teams need 1 tough guy on a team. I have no idea if Begin can fill that role so if we cant find a better tough guy I'm happy to see Jackman on the 4th line.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Good point about Horak. He was playing hard and was doing an awesome job retrieving pucks (something this team has a lot of trouble doing). He didn't deserve to be sent down. So much for "meritocracy" with the Flames organization.

It seems to apply to a meaningless backup goalie competition, but not to a kid raring and ready to go.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Love the 3rd line lots of offense and a good checking player in Stajan will allow Cervenka and Hudler focus on offense. I would rather sit Stempniak and play Sven I really think Cammy - Backlund - Sven will be a good line once Cammy wakes up.

As for why Cammy is playing over Sven I would imagine it is the same reason we gave Kipper the 3rd start after he looked shaky in the first 2 and that is to get him going because once he does we have 3 scoring lines and lots of depth.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Good point about Horak. He was playing hard and was doing an awesome job retrieving pucks (something this team has a lot of trouble doing). He didn't deserve to be sent down. So much for "meritocracy" with the Flames organization.

It seems to apply to a meaningless backup goalie competition, but not to a kid raring and ready to go.

Welcome to the new NHL, where finances (cap hit) trumps skill / ability / hustle.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Cervenka - Stajan - Hudler
Glencross - Tanguay - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Stempniak
Bouma - Begin - Jackman

That's how I'd set the lines for the next game, assuming Hudler/Baertschi are back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad