Line Combos: Regular Season Lineups

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I would go with
Cammy - Tangs - Iggy
Cervenka - Stajan - Hudler (don't mess with success)
Glencross - Backlund - Stempniak/Sven(when he is healthy)

I would like to move Sarich + Stempniak for Clowe and Murray (we would have to add) it would give us a real mean line with Clowe and Glencross

San Jose is 7-1-2, why would they do this?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
San Jose is 7-1-2, why would they do this?

There boards are looking to move Murray and want Stempniak for depth, Clowe is slow now and isn't able to do what he once was but I don't want his offensive game I want his physical game to be paired with backlund and Glencross.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
There boards are looking to move Murray and want Stempniak for depth, Clowe is slow now and isn't able to do what he once was but I don't want his offensive game I want his physical game to be paired with backlund and Glencross.

Honestly, I'd love to have Murray, but I want nothing to do with Clowe.

I still doubt SJ would trade Clowe and Murray for a package like Stempniak and Sarich, unless that + is a significant piece.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
JBo doesn't have the big shot to be effective on the PP
He doesn't need to that PP already has Wideman, Iginla and Cammalleri. Bouwmeester would be effective because he can sneak in from the point and has a wrist shot that is good for the forwards to deflect from the point.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
He doesn't need to that PP already has Wideman, Iginla and Cammalleri. Bouwmeester would be effective because he can sneak in from the point and has a wrist shot that is good for the forwards to deflect from the point.

This, a well placed wrist shot is far more effective than a bomb that has just as much potential to miss by a mile as it does to hit the goalie in the chest. Wristers are far more accurate and can be elusive through screens and towards tips. They just have to be used properly, and I think Bouw knows how to use them effectively.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This, a well placed wrist shot is far more effective than a bomb that has just as much potential to miss by a mile as it does to hit the goalie in the chest. Wristers are far more accurate and can be elusive through screens and towards tips. They just have to be used properly, and I think Bouw knows how to use them effectively.
This was not displayed properly the last 3 years because rarely did Sutter (and whoever was the PP coach) actually have the team place a guy in front of the net. We have been seeing it alot more recently though.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So I was just browsing some stats and if Bouwmeester continues his current offensive pace he will have his best statistical season as a Flame, without it being pro-rated.

Thumper17

Jun 27, 2011
If Backlund and Cammy are both hurt then the next game might look like this.

Tanguay - Cervenka - Iginla
Glencross - Hudler - Stempniak
Horak - Stajan - Comeau
Begin - Jones - Jackman

Hopefully Horak Impresses and leaves Comeau the odd man out.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If Backlund and Cammy are both hurt then the next game might look like this.

Tanguay - Cervenka - Iginla
Glencross - Hudler - Stempniak
Horak - Stajan - Comeau
Begin - Jones - Jackman

Hopefully Horak Impresses and leaves Comeau the odd man out.

Hudler has never played center in the nhl nor has Cervenka I would ice

Glencross - Tanguay - Iginla
Cervenka - Stajan - Hudler
Horak - Jones - Stempniak
Comeau - Begin - Jackman

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Comeau - Begin - Jackman
You are of course assuming that Horak will get the call. Which I understand because he is the best prospect down in Abbotsford, but if system of recalls is truly based on merit then Ben Street deserves the recall before Horak does. Street is more consistent and has been better on both sides of the puck all season long, including since Horak rejoined the team. Street is also good on faceoffs and is a top penalty killer in the AHL.

Another possibility if Feaster/Hartley look at recent play in Max Reinhart. Since the lockout ended Reinhart's game has gone to a whole new level. He has recorded 8 points in 11 games and has been one of Abbotsford's best players. It would be a good opportunity to show a kid that if you play well you will get a shot, it would also be a good way to see where Reinhart is with his development since the Flames were unable to evaluate him during training camp.

Horak recently missed a couple games with injury himself and has been pretty unnoticeable since his return.

All in all I would give Street the call over anyone.

Stempniak - Street - Comeau
Begin - Jones - Jackman

Last edited:

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
What I'm really liking about Mr Blowmeester this season is that hes

making those solid tape to tape passes up the middle I think it's

Hartley thats changing his game and if he returns to form like how

he was in Florida better late than never.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
So I was just browsing some stats and if Bouwmeester continues his current offensive pace he will have his best statistical season as a Flame, without it being pro-rated.

Hudler also. If he averages 3 missed games of every 8 (that's basically a 50 game season in a normal year) he'll hit 42 points at his current pace. If he continues his current pace without missing a game, he gets to 63, which is a career high. Pace for 115 over 82, also.

And I was continually laughed at by people when I said he had top-end scoring potential. Bob Hartley and Jay Feaster are not laughing. Well... I suppose they are. All the way to the bank.

Still, I'd rather Hudler have gotten his own revenge the other night. :p:

Hudler has dominated at center at the AHL, Czech, and international levels though. I've said for years that Hudler would be perfectly capable of succeeding at center in the NHL, and that the best linemates for him would be one (or two) big, skilled wingers, and if it's one then give him a quick skater with a good shot. That GlenX/Stempniak pair fits the bill. I don't know that I'd take Tanguay out of the middle just yet as he's done pretty well there, so maybe go with this:

Stempniak/Tanguay/Iginla
Glencross/Hudler/Cervenka

After that, there are a couple of options you can ty if you want to shake it up.

Glencross/Hudler/Iginla. I have wanted to see this line since July first. Dammit Bob, don't let me down. :laugh:
Cervenka/Tanguay/Stempniak

Hudler/Tanguay/Iginla
Glencross/Cervenka/Stempniak

Obviously this is all already shaken up with the Hudler/Stajan/Cervenka line broken up. Who knows, Hartley did some crazy **** in Colorado. IIRC he was the one who put Forsberg on Sakic's line for half a season. OMFG.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010

Bouwmeester is playing offense similar to how he did in Florida now that he has the shackles off; Bouwmeester behind the net and skating, etc. is how he played in Florida, like on the Stemps goal. But he's light years better defensively now.

If he can return to/exceed his Florida offense and keep his Sutter defense, he could actually be nominated for (or close to) a Norris.

I thought Redden looked good in Detroit's murdering of St. Louis. With some more time to get back to "NHL speed" maybe we could ee "Ottawa Wade" instead of "Torts is playing him only 17 minutes from day one for the hell of it" Wade.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
You are of course assuming that Horak will get the call. Which I understand because he is the best prospect down in Abbotsford, but if system of recalls is truly based on merit then Ben Street deserves the recall before Horak does. Street is more consistent and has been better on both sides of the puck all season long, including since Horak rejoined the team. Street is also good on faceoffs and is a top penalty killer in the AHL.

Another possibility if Feaster/Hartley look at recent play in Max Reinhart. Since the lockout ended Reinhart's game has gone to a whole new level. He has recorded 8 points in 11 games and has been one of Abbotsford's best players. It would be a good opportunity to show a kid that if you play well you will get a shot, it would also be a good way to see where Reinhart is with his development since the Flames were unable to evaluate him during training camp.

Horak recently missed a couple games with injury himself and has been pretty unnoticeable since his return.

All in all I would give Street the call over anyone.

Stempniak - Street - Comeau
Begin - Jones - Jackman

We could call street up but I don't want a center I want a winger and I think it is pretty obvious that Horak is the first call up as he was the last sent down.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Is this some kind of bad Haiku?

J-Bo found offense,
Is jumping into the play
He's still valuable

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We could call street up but I don't want a center I want a winger and I think it is pretty obvious that Horak is the first call up as he was the last sent down.
That's not how call ups should work though. Not like it will matter too much anyways, until another player is placed on IR the Flames don't have a roster spot to call anyone up. And I don't foresee anyone being placed on IR quite yet. I expect Cammalleri will be in the lineup Saturday and Sarich may go on IR when Babchuk is ready to play, assuming Sarich is hurt that is because some have said he limping the last time he played.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Wow, shows what a change in philosophy can do for a player.

He LOOKS like the same player we have seen in past years. He is just finally able to play his game.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
:badidea:

Or Kolanos gets the call up.

vader.jpg

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

Comeau - Begin - Jackman

Its not a bad line-up, but still depressing from what it could be :cry: ... Atleast we still have our top 4 on D healthy, and Comeau stays on the 4th were he belongs

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Someone on CP mentioned Max Reinhart. He has been putting up points lately and for a one or two game stretch, it might be a good way to reward him and give him a taste of the NHL.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Glencross Tanguay Iginla
Hudler Stajan Cervenka
Horak Street/Jones Stempniak
Begin Street/Jones/Reinhart Comeau

wouldn't be a bad lineup

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino