Line Combos: Regular Season Lineups

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Lots of Comeau hate but I would put him in the top 9 so Glencross and Stempniak can play together to even out the scoring lines:

Comeau-Tanguay-Iginla
Hudler-Stajan-Cervenka
Glencross-Jones-Stempniak
Begin-Street-Jackman

The way I see it is no way anyone on the above 4th line should see top 9 minutes, Street because it's his first game and Jackman and Begin only being 4th liners.

So that leaves Comeau. At least he can take the puck deep into the zone and get it moving out of his own end with his speed.

No way we put Comeau on the first line, he hasn't done anything remotely close to be getting those kind of minutes. Glencross deserves the spot if Cammalleri is not in. I agree that Street should get the 4th line and Jones move up but Comeau's gota stay on the 3rd line at best. I don't understand why they didn't call up Horak, I understand Street been doing great but I think Horak fits into the top9 better then Street would.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Lots of Comeau hate but I would put him in the top 9 so Glencross and Stempniak can play together to even out the scoring lines:

Comeau-Tanguay-Iginla
Hudler-Stajan-Cervenka
Glencross-Jones-Stempniak
Begin-Street-Jackman

The way I see it is no way anyone on the above 4th line should see top 9 minutes, Street because it's his first game and Jackman and Begin only being 4th liners.

So that leaves Comeau. At least he can take the puck deep into the zone and get it moving out of his own end with his speed.

CfSpdsJ.jpg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Interesting to see Stajan moved off the Czech line in favour of Street. If Cammalleri's back by Monday and Baertschi's back by the end of next week, the injuries factor might be mitigated a bit.

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg

#Flames lines today: Glencross-Tanguay- Iginla; Hudler-Street-Cervenka; Comeau-Stajan-Stempniak; Begin-Jones-Jackman via Peter Maher

Vicki Hall ‏@vickihallch

Michael Cammalleri could be back as early as monday. #Flames

Wes Gilbertson ‏@SUNGilbertson

Need some good news #Flames fans? LW Sven Baertschi (hip flexor) was scheduled to skate today in Calgary.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Interesting to see Stajan moved off the Czech line in favour of Street. If Cammalleri's back by Monday and Baertschi's back by the end of next week, the injuries factor might be mitigated a bit.
Stajan with Stempniak gives the opportunity for 3 lines that can score, that's what I think that Hartley is thinking.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Cammy will be back tomorrow, I would like to see us try

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Hudler - Cervenka - Cammy
Glencross - Jones - Stempniak
Byron - Begin - Jackman

But Hartley is running with
Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka
Glencross - Stajan - Iginla
Sven/Byron - Cammy - Stempniak

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Byron - Begin - Jackman

Tanguay with Hudler and Cervenka...for some reason I think that line is going to be really good.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Byron - Begin - Jackman

I really like these lines! All three lines have scoring ability!

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I want to see

Glencross - Jones - Iginla
Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
Bärtschi - Backlund - Horak

No idea what I was supposed to do with Jones. But look at that depth.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I had no idea what to do with him! I remember him having some time with Glenny and Iggy last game, so why not?

I know just sounds terrible to say that last year our top 2 centers were a winger and a 4th line center.

Honeslty I would like to see what Horak can do with Iggy, I still think putting Cammy and Stajan with Iggy would work well but clearly Hartley likes having the 2 big bodies of Iggy and Glencross together.

But I have to admit spreading Tanguay,Iginla,Cammy over 3 lines means that ever game 1 of them gets a really weak defensive line to play against.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Yeah, well, I rather have Lance Bouma. But again I have no idea what to do with him.

Also that fourth line (which is probably a second or third line in terms of talent/ability in my opinion) deserves waaaaay more than the 5 minutes of ice time our fourth liners see.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah, well, I rather have Lance Bouma. But again I have no idea what to do with him.

Also that fourth line (which is probably a second or third line in terms of talent/ability in my opinion) deserves waaaaay more than the 5 minutes of ice time our fourth liners see.

I don't think it would work in a Hartley system but it is an interesting idea.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I want to see

Glencross - Jones - Iginla
Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
Bärtschi - Backlund - Horak

No idea what I was supposed to do with Jones. But look at that depth.

I actually like that a lot. Its too bad Hartely only plays 3 lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad