Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea

This is one of at least 3 videos on this. There are some more exercises he doesn't like for similar reasons. One I can remember off-hand is the knee on bench single arm dumbbell row, which I used to love doing, but which apparently has an enormous risk of hernia. He wants both feet on the ground, straddling the bench if you're going to row dumbbells or to do the chest-supported incline bench variation. He usually gives 3 or 4 alternatives every time he says something's dangerous. It's a great channel that I wish I had discovered years ago, not six months ago.

Knee on bench row is another fave of mine. Ever see Letang's version? He may be braindead, but he is a beast! Thanks for this info. I'm finding injury avoidance becomes more important as I get older.

Reactions: billybudd

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Can anybody shed light on specifically what is causing such a high mortality rate in those regions of Italy vs other areas? So much of the news is skewed left or right and haven’t had time to sift through.

One question some of us have been asking our leadership in my job is what preparations are being made in case it starts to spread at our installation. Right now we are all coming to work except in certain cases but it feels like a matter of time here. I’m taking precautions with my people but it feels like we are flying without instruments now.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Real experts are aware of their limitations and what they don't know. Fake experts, like on this board, know everything.
You're probably right. There are another dangerous factions out there as well, deep staters and anti science/fact distrusters. We used to be a country that prized expertise. Now we are a country that can't even manage to ensure adequate supplies of protective masks.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Can anybody shed light on specifically what is causing such a high mortality rate in those regions of Italy vs other areas? So much of the news is skewed left or right and haven’t had time to sift through.

One question some of us have been asking our leadership in my job is what preparations are being made in case it starts to spread at our installation. Right now we are all coming to work except in certain cases but it feels like a matter of time here. I’m taking precautions with my people but it feels like we are flying without instruments now.

*Not an expert*

1) They old
2) Their systems are overwhelmed
3) Young people work in urban centers and see their grandparents in the burbs/countryside frequently. So high transmission to the old people.
4) It seems like from a time standpoint Lombardy got hit before the other regions got the social distancing memo, so it cycled out of control really quickly.

TBH I don't think any area in the Western World is going to do as badly with this as Lombardy has. It's the cautionary tale for everyone else.

/*not an expert*

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
So can anyone explain how celebrities are able to get tested? I just read Drake doesn't have it and I'm wondering how he can even receive the test. In my county they say you cannot be tested unless you're a first responder or hospitalized

Reactions: Andy99

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Some combination of hospitals are overwhelmed, old people live in that area, smokers live in that area and possibly that there's a slightly different virus strain in Lombardy vs some other places. That's a question that's not definitively going to be answered for years.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So can anyone explain how celebrities are able to get tested? I just read Drake doesn't have it and I'm wondering how he can even receive the test. In my county they say you cannot be tested unless you're a first responder or hospitalized

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Drake was hanging out with KD a week before he tested positive.

But I agree it's weird how average people with severe symptoms can't get a test but so many celebrities have easily got them. Even ones who test positive with no symptoms.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Do cable face pulls instead. I can't watch the video but I'm sure he says it :laugh:

Make sure to add the press at the end :laugh:

In all seriousness, doing cable facepulls at the end of every workout helped my shoulder impingement a ton.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

It’s so ridiculous...

Reactions: TNT87

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It’s so ridiculous...

Isn't it? They are laughing at us.
Tom Hanks literally dragged a 'CORONA' type writer with him to austrailia? I mean... people are so easily fooled. It's sad.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I love cable face pulls. It’s like the one exercise in the gym that has immediate benefits for judo. :laugh:

A lot of people try to shit on Athlean-X but he talks about face pulls all the time. Former Mets PT. I like his science based ideas. Then i put my own thoughts/mindset/research to it.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'm not frustrated. Again, this lifestyle isn't something out of the ordinary for me. I'm not a hermit but I certainly do not seek out social interaction. I've got Sumac Dub "Norska" on right now, am peak high from a nice bowl of herb and have not a care in the world.

I'm trying to have a conversation about philosophy. And trying, unsuccessfully but not surprising to make humans understand that putting the species on lock down, isolating them into a prison like state, for an extended period of time, over an invisible virus, is going to irreparably damage the psyche. And THAT is why our response, while certainly saving lives in the short term, will be disastrous, 10, 20, 100 years down the road. We're already seeing the paranoia set in. It will only get worse with time and will manifest further, long after this CV dies out.
I stated something similar several days back. Albeit not quite as cryptic or ominous as your assertions. Hopefully we can strike the right balance between containing/mitigating the virus and getting our lives back to some level or degree of normal. But the longer this goes the more long lasting the fall out we'll obviously be socially and economically.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just found out today my company is paying us an extra $2 per hour from March 8 until the end of April and offering us up to 60 hours per week (overtime is anything past 37 hours a week), I just did 40 hours now. My work gets glowing positive reviews from all the customers too.

Crises bring out the very worst, and the very best, in humanity. It is nice to hear that your employer is one of the ones on the good side of the ledger.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
edit

Not putting this on here, if you already read it please keep it quiet.

DqwicTOXcAEefvP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad