Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My....... I don't know what she is actually... a blood line relative from the old country keeps in touch with me and she told me today that Slovakia cases are at 200. I asked, is that high? Not really sure, but it seems good. I mean it could be way higher.
I fully expect Vancouver/BC to hit 500+ by Monday, maybe more. It's jumping in increments of 50-70 when the cases come back with results.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Yup.

It's that mentality that will ensure this is just the beginning of our problems.

Just.
Sit.
The.
f***.
Still.

Let this shit die out. But no, they want the draconian laws to come down. The supplies to continue to run low. The world for those of us in essential positions to get even f***ing worse.

Because they can't f***ing stop jogging. f*** your jogging. Seriously. f*** it. If you do not need FOOD right now, riiiiiight now, stop moving about. There is nothing more important for people to be doing.

What else need be said....people today are self-centered pricks

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What else need be said....people today are self-centered pricks
This may sound f***ed up but honestly I think we're over populated and I'm ok with Darwinism doing its thing. If it takes me then it takes me. I've had a decent time on this earth being an absolute wanker.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
This may sound f***ed up but honestly I think we're over populated and I'm ok with Darwinism doing its thing. If it takes me then it takes me. I've had a decent time on this earth being an absolute wanker.

Well, can I either (1) have your library and/or (2) just deed your house over to me, in that case?

I won't mess with your GF, man.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It's hard for some to stay disciplined, selfless and measured for long periods at a time. We all (generally speaking) have weak moments. It's truly amazing to me how a few ill advised thoughts or seconds can change the trajectory of ones life or in this case the lives of millions.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Same. It is what it is.
I had a blast.
Now I just worry for my kid, but honestly, if worst came to worst, she'd survive, but she's my only reason I try actively to not die =P

Well, wifey took a nap with kid awhile ago and I'm waiting for them to wake up and it's getting later and later and less and less likely.... so I think I'm gonna watch a movie and crash.

Enjoy quarantine night yall

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Mate I'm a British Yank that lives in Canada. Canadians are generally wankers in British Columbia. No offence to my local bc mates here, you lot are cool.

But yeah there were hundreds of people at whiterock and it's like, this is why bc is trending to being as bad as Italy.
Yeah we dumb, just look at the riots when Canucks lost to the Bruins lol nuff said.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah we dumb, just look at the riots when Canucks lost to the Bruins lol nuff said.
I was going to say this if anyone said I was being harsh about the locals, like mate, you're good people. But those canucks fans tore their own city apart for being arse in finals. Twice. And once because of a concert too.

Just stay safe mate.

Reactions: 66-30-33

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I don't get who is flying right now?

I check the flight tracking websites are there are thousands of planes flying around the world right now like nothing happened.

Whats going on there?

There are some sort of regulations where if airlines don't fly sufficient flights, they can lose licenses. Not sure of the specifics, but my aviation buff father was trying to explain this to me over the phone today, with minimal success. What I did gather is a lot of the commercial planes you see on Flight Trax(?) have nobody or 1 person on them (not including crew).

Reactions: LOGiK

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Do Canadian kids act as stupid as US kids during Spring Break? I was in Blaine yesterday, could see White Rock, all of 5km away, yet it could have been a million miles as they're not letting me cross the border, NEXUS card or not. Weather was glorious, but never imagined people were congregating like that there. Always figured you Canadians were more thoughtful than we Yanks... ;-)

College kids are morons no matter if you're American, Canadian, or whatever. I posted a link either earlier in this thread or in another one with a tweet showing a video of some idiot girl at Queen's university (Ontario) talking about how she's not worried about it because she self medicates, and the Queen's students had a bit of a street party to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

That's the problem with this type of crisis. Unless the government literally mandates you CAN'T go out or you'll be arrested/fined heavily, and all they do is give you a "recommendation to stay home", there will always be way too many morons who don't take this seriously.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
College kids are morons no matter if you're American, Canadian, or whatever. I posted a link either earlier in this thread or in another one with a tweet showing a video of some idiot girl at Queen's university (Ontario) talking about how she's not worried about it because she self medicates, and the Queen's students had a bit of a street party to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

That's the problem with this type of crisis. Unless the government literally mandates you CAN'T go out or you'll be arrested/fined heavily, and all they do is give you a "recommendation to stay home", there will always be way too many morons who don't take this seriously.

This ain't a new thing.

How many hear hurricane and run out to the pier for a front row to the show? Or get their surfboards for the bitchin' waves?

Darwin would hope that many of them hadn't reproduced before making these decisions.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I dont read twitter stuff or anything, but I swear, I am going to be so goddamn pissed off when I have to pass military checkpoints to and from work because these motherf***ers couldn't just stay home.

I haven't left my house for a week, other than to get A FEW necessities. Because, I, despite not agreeing with this nonsense, am not an asshole. What's the point of me going out and being a rebel? I don't go out much as it was. This isn't new territory for me.

Go ahead and mock. Draconian measures have already unfolded. And it's going to get worse. I hope people are happy trading their liberties indefinitely for temporary "security". That is exactly what is happening. And more importantly, the negative psychological impact this will have on humans isn't quantifiable.

Normal behaviors like Europeans kissing on the cheek, anyone and everyone shaking hands with complete strangers at work, leisure, will vanish. Less people willing to fly. Less people willing to vacation. Hell, less people willing to even go out in a normal manner. A forever terror, even subtle, embedded into billions of minds, for generations.

The species deserves everything that is coming.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
When I say people in Vancouver are f***ing morons I mean they are f***ing morons, the locals.

F6F0F13C-F17B-4BD7-8F2A-9CEAD570F31A.png

This was today.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Even if you can go out what's there to do at this point? All the activities I enjoy watching or participating in are shut down. Unless you want to hangout at a supermarket or gas station. Neither of which appeals to me. Most of my long time friends have migrated to other states over the years. So really even if I felt no inhibition whatsoever to go out, there's very little reason in doing so. I'm still able to get my favorite pizza delivered however, so that's a positive I guess. They haven't taken away that as of yet. And if you're able to please support local businesses.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I want to point out, that quarry rock was less packed than a park like white Rock or downtown Vancouver. People just don't f***ing get it.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I want to point out, that quarry rock was less packed than a park like white Rock or downtown Vancouver. People just don't f***ing get it.

And they'll bitch and whine when it gets 'real' and they ass getting arrested tryna take their stupid 'gram photos.

Buncha social media warriors gonna 'rise up' against the oppression and shit. f*** off if this happens.

Y'all caused it.

..also, no idea why I am typing like this...

in Italy:
fiat-factory.jpg

that.mask.will.do.nothing

and they've banned running and bicycling now, thanks to geniuses like this

Last edited:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
My....... I don't know what she is actually... a blood line relative from the old country keeps in touch with me and she told me today that Slovakia cases are at 200. I asked, is that high? Not really sure, but it seems good. I mean it could be way higher.

Slovakia has 5 million people. That’s a lot. :laugh: Plus, it’s mostly rural and it’s definitely ill-equipped to handle a pandemic of any sort. There’s just not enough medical infrastructure for it.

We’re at over 1000 here in the Czech Republic, so it’s just a matter of time, unfortunately until Slovakia catches up, proportionally.

Reactions: LOGiK

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Slovakia has 5 million people. That’s a lot. :laugh: Plus, it’s mostly rural and it’s definitely ill-equipped to handle a pandemic of any sort. There’s just not enough medical infrastructure for it.

We’re at over 1000 here in the Czech Republic, so it’s just a matter of time, unfortunately until Slovakia catches up, proportionally.

You'd almost think being rural vs a tight packed city would be beneficial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad