Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database

mkraayen

Mar 7, 2011
I looked through the database conditions and fixed all that I could for this draft. The only picks I don't know are OS 4th & NB 6th. Hopefully it's close to perfect!!! I really appreciate all the kind words too!

In 2022, your database currently shows Sarnia holding their own 6th and North Bay's 6th.
Sarnia traded their own 2022 6th to North Bay as part of the Cam Dineen acquisition on Jan. 6th, 2018. Sarnia later, conditionally re-acquired their own 2022 6th from North Bay when they traded Theo Calvas there on Oct. 9th, 2018. However, to my knowledge, they do not own North Bay's 2022 6th. Cheers

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
In 2022, your database currently shows Sarnia holding their own 6th and North Bay's 6th.
Sarnia traded their own 2022 6th to North Bay as part of the Cam Dineen acquisition on Jan. 6th, 2018. Sarnia later, conditionally re-acquired their own 2022 6th from North Bay when they traded Theo Calvas there on Oct. 9th, 2018. However, to my knowledge, they do not own North Bay's 2022 6th. Cheers
Yes you seem to be right. Thanks! Fixed!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Does anybody know when the window opens to trade picks this year?

Draft pick trade window opens Friday morning and forever will be as long as the OHL draft will continue to be on a Saturday.

Trades can be made before and during any team's timeout on draft day which I remember each team has 2 timeouts during the priority selection, plus an hour lunch freeze at noon.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Draft pick trade window opens Friday morning and forever will be as long as the OHL draft will continue to be on a Saturday.

Trades can be made before and during any team's timeout on draft day which I remember each team has 2 timeouts during the priority selection, plus an hour lunch freeze at noon.

Huh? You can’t trade picks during the draft. And, as I said earlier the trade window ends Friday so they can have a final draft order to publish for Saturday morning.

Anyways, from last years draft preview guide;
“Teams are permitted to trade draft choices, other than their first round selection, during the trading period from Monday April 2 to Friday April 6, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.”

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Maybe they changed the rules this year to permit in draft trades? I'm sure the O being such a transparent organization would have made this known:sarcasm:

Reactions: LDN

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Huh? You can’t trade picks during the draft. And, as I said earlier the trade window ends Friday so they can have a final draft order to publish for Saturday morning.

“Teams are permitted to trade draft choices, other than their first round selection, during the trading period from Monday April 2 to Friday April 6, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.”
^^^^^ this

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

You can't trade 1st round picks but as far as my knowledge you can trade any other pick up until 9 a.m. of the draft day

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
As fair as my knowledge teams have until the draft starts Saturday morning at 9 a.m. to finalize their draft picks.

You can't trade players for picks or players rights but you can swap picks in this current draft year only with expectations to 1st rounders which can't be touched.

Most teams will move picks around before to complete there draft selections or change pick orders especially those team who may have multiple picks in a certain round.

9 a.m. however is cutoff time for any deals that can be made. Once the 9 a.m. window hits all deals are closed, and teams draft lists are set.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
As fair as my knowledge teams have until the draft starts Saturday morning at 9 a.m. to finalize their draft picks.

You can't trade players for picks or players rights but you can swap picks in this current draft year only with expectations to 1st rounders which can't be touched.

Most teams will move picks around before to complete there draft selections or change pick orders especially those team who may have multiple picks in a certain round.

9 a.m. however is cutoff time for any deals that can be made. Once the 9 a.m. window hits all deals are closed, and teams draft lists are set.
Where is your source for this info? It is always been mid-day Friday when the trade deadline closes for draft picks. Unaware this has changed so please advise where you are getting this info. I'm ok with being wrong here just need to understand where this is coming from.

Reactions: BarberPole9

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Where is your source for this info? It is always been mid-day Friday when the trade deadline closes for draft picks. Unaware this has changed so please advise where you are getting this info. I'm ok with being wrong here just need to understand where this is coming from.

Attack Shuffle Picks with Flint

This article was from Saturday,April 11th 2015 which happened to be draft day 2015. The deal states the picks only where changed hands, in the case of the article picks where dealt prior to the 9 a.m. deadline and not the day before.

Which as you asked Outsider, where is the fact to back my statement I believe that this article is the proof that we back it

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

This article was from Saturday,April 11th 2015 which happened to be draft day 2015. The deal states the picks only where changed hands, in the case of the article picks where dealt prior to the 9 a.m. deadline and not the day before.

Which as you asked Outsider, where is the fact to back my statement I believe that this article is the proof that we back it
Not sure this article says that - Picks were traded "prior" to the draft which is on Saturday is the way I read this write up. So those picks might have been traded on the Thursday prior to the draft? Ganggreen posted a media release from last year stating the dates and times. I think if it was ok in 2015 when the article was written I don't believe this is true now. But again I may be wrong and really the people that need to know this are more than aware of the deadline.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

The article says:
trading his 7th and 12th round picks on Saturday to the Flint Firebirds
The grammar isn't the best, but it can be interpreted in two ways. Thankfully, we have the OHL Draft Pick Database to refer to, which has this transaction dated April 9.

The article would have been better if it was written something like: "trading his Saturday picks in the 7th and 12th to the Flint Firebirds"

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Not sure this article says that - Picks were traded "prior" to the draft which is on Saturday is the way I read this write up. So those picks might have been traded on the Thursday prior to the draft? Ganggreen posted a media release from last year stating the dates and times. I think if it was ok in 2015 when the article was written I don't believe this is true now. But again I may be wrong and really the people that need to know this are more than aware of the deadline.

I never said the deal had to officially made on draft day but in the case of the article the deal was made the evening prior to the draft and yet wasn't announced until the day of.

So unless there was a ruling change that wasn't made public to the league, to my knowledge all deals have to be finalized by the 9 am on draft day but no where dose it say that teams have to announce that the deal was made before draft day.

This would mean deals made on the Friday wouldn't have to be announced by teams till Saturday morning prior to the 9 a.m. draft day.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I never said the deal had to officially made on draft day but in the case of the article the deal was made the evening prior to the draft and yet wasn't announced until the day of.

So unless there was a ruling change that wasn't made public to the league, to my knowledge all deals have to be finalized by the 9 am on draft day but no where dose it say that teams have to announce that the deal was made before draft day.

This would mean deals made on the Friday wouldn't have to be announced by teams till Saturday morning prior to the 9 a.m. draft day.

Not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp.
The deadline for making draft pick trades for this draft is Friday afternoon. Not Saturday morning

Reactions: dirty12

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

Clear as mud - this falls back to the league - they need to be more open with this info. Other leagues post dates but yet somehow the OHL thinks it needs to hide this info from its fans? There is no logical reason why the OHL has to keep this info from us - sorry rant over I will move away now - keep up the great work Coolwood!

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

its irrelevant when they post the trade info, the deadline is the deadline. it may have been announced on saturady, but im sure it was on the ohl site on friday afternoon

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
its irrelevant when they post the trade info, the deadline is the deadline. it may have been announced on saturady, but im sure it was on the ohl site on friday afternoon

That's my point if you actually read my post correctly teams can make deals Friday but they dont have to announce them on Friday they can announce them Saturday morning before the draft. There's nothing in the rules that says that teams have to announce deals the day they happen they can announce them long after they are done.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

But this is what you said ^^^^^

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That's my point if you actually read my post correctly teams can make deals Friday but they dont have to announce them on Friday they can announce them Saturday morning before the draft. There's nothing in the rules that says that teams have to announce deals the day they happen they can announce them long after they are done.

see ohl outsiders post. i think thats where the confusion comes from. we did read your post :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad