Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database

moose311

Dec 30, 2015
Okay can we also figure out how WIndsor's 12th round selection ended up in DD's draft cupboard??

Oct. 2, 2015 - Owen Sound sent Brett Hargrave to North Bay for Windsor's 12 in 2019. Don't know how North Bay got the pick.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
This may have already been touched on, but regarding the conditional Windsor 2nd this for the wolves, does anyone know if that is still the wolves pick, or if it went back to who ever traded it?

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
This may have already been touched on, but regarding the conditional Windsor 2nd this for the wolves, does anyone know if that is still the wolves pick, or if it went back to who ever traded it?
The condition on the pick was centred around Owen Lalonde and the draft last year. Given that he didn't get drafted at all, I'd say it's safe to assume that pick is going to go back to Guelph.

Reactions: WolvesFan

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
I believe that Mississauga has Saginaw's 6th round pick in 2021 as part of the Reagan O'Grady trade. The database shows Mississauga without a 6th round pick in 2021 yet having the Saginaw 6th round in 2022.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Ottawa will have their 5th rounder back this year, as Shaw Boomhower (best name ever) didn’t come back for his OA year.

Thanks for maintaining this DB!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I looked through the database conditions and fixed all that I could for this draft. The only picks I don't know are OS 4th & NB 6th. Hopefully it's close to perfect!!! I really appreciate all the kind words too!

The 4th round pick was part of the Lyszczarczyk deal to Owen Sound which was based on him playing an OA season.

Hopefully that sheds some light on the OS 4th round pick, as for the N.Bay 6th round pick I couldn't tell you what that is from.

Last edited:

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
The 4th round pick was part of the Lyszczarczyk deal to Owen Sound which was based on him playing an OA season.

Hopefully that sheds some light on the OS 4th round pick, as for the N.Bay 6th round pick I couldn't tell you what that is from.
I knew who it was traded for, I just wasn't sure if it was confirmed for his OA year or not. But thank you that helps clear the picture.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I knew who it was traded for, I just wasn't sure if it was confirmed for his OA year or not. But thank you that helps clear the picture.

No problem most conditional picks are usually based off games played or points, or the odd time even if the player reports or plays an OA season.

Unfortunately you need to be an accountant to figure out conditions on picks, that's why I suggest asking ScoresfromCentre hes usually up to date on picks and trades

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
No problem most conditional picks are usually based off games played or points, or the odd time even if the player reports or plays an OA season.

Unfortunately you need to be an accountant to figure out conditions on picks, that's why I suggest asking ScoresfromCentre hes usually up to date on picks and trades
If I'm not mistaken, coolwood has taken over from ScoresfromCenter on the database. And has done an admirable job maintaining all the semi-hidden craziness an OHL draft pick database entails.

Reactions: Tarantula

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Ok, so with the league website posting the pick order on the website. I was able to compare team-by-team and see if there were any errors. The database was 98.7% accurate this year although the picks that were wrong are important picks.

1. WSR 2nd- While I had recently suggested this pick would go back to Guelph from the Owen Lalonde trade because he didn't get drafted, the pick shows being owned by Sudbury. So this would suggest that the condition was incorrect and some other condition has been met so Sudbury gets the pick.

2. FLNT 2nd & ER 6th- This is interesting because these picks have magically ended up being owned by Oshawa. The Flint 2nd was aquired by Erie from SSM in the Taylor Raddysh/Jordan Sambrook deal, while the ER 6th has never been traded. The only reasonable explanation I have for this is because there is a condition around the Anthony Cirelli deal. While it was widely expected these conditional picks (in 2024 mind you) were in case Cirelli returned for his OA year, it must have been for something else (winning the league?) and there must have been a clause around them being traded earlier than expected if Erie aquired such picks. This is just me guessing but its interesting because of how high that Flint pick is (23rd overall).

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Ok, so with the league website posting the pick order on the website. I was able to compare team-by-team and see if there were any errors. The database was 98.7% accurate this year although the picks that were wrong are important picks.

1. WSR 2nd- While I had recently suggested this pick would go back to Guelph from the Owen Lalonde trade because he didn't get drafted, the pick shows being owned by Sudbury. So this would suggest that the condition was incorrect and some other condition has been met so Sudbury gets the pick.

2. FLNT 2nd & ER 6th- This is interesting because these picks have magically ended up being owned by Oshawa. The Flint 2nd was aquired by Erie from SSM in the Taylor Raddysh/Jordan Sambrook deal, while the ER 6th has never been traded. The only reasonable explanation I have for this is because there is a condition around the Anthony Cirelli deal. While it was widely expected these conditional picks (in 2024 mind you) were in case Cirelli returned for his OA year, it must have been for something else (winning the league?) and there must have been a clause around them being traded earlier than expected if Erie aquired such picks. This is just me guessing but its interesting because of how high that Flint pick is (23rd overall).
Could that be wrong or do the wolves definitely have that pick then?

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack aquire North Bay's 4th round pick in 2019.

I'm not 100% certain but would imagine that's part of the Sarnia/Oshawa mix up where the Sting traded OS 4th in 2020 which they didn't have to N.Bay.

Can anyone confirm this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad