Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Cheers, great work! I am guessing the 2023 3rd rounder dealt from Missy is part of the conditions met as per trade with Kitchener last year for Rippon?

A real maze you and others have been going through with this database and I appreciate it! It has and will continue to be a real insight to how the league and various teams work. Cheers!

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
How did Hamilton get the 12th round pick Kingston traded to flint for Lucas Rowe recently?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I am guessing the 2023 3rd rounder dealt from Missy is part of the conditions met as per trade with Kitchener last year for Rippon?

!

The conditional picks in the Rippon trade to Mississauga from Kitchener were a 2nd (Bar), 3rd, 4th. Which of those picks come to the Rangers depended on where Rippon was drafted in the NHL draft.

The only question I have is if that was for the 2018 nhl draft only?

If so, then since Rippon wasn't drafted, then I assume only Mississauga's 4th in 23 comes to the Rangers to complete the deal.

If not, then we have to wait and see if Rippon gets drafted and where in the next couple of drafts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarantula

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Hey Coolwood - great job with this data base - fyi in Windsor's 2019 picks you show a Kingston 6th but have it listed under the 7th round picks. Is it a Kingston 6th or 7th pick? No big deal as I know you will be busy keeping up over the next 7 days.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Hey Coolwood - great job with this data base - fyi in Windsor's 2019 picks you show a Kingston 6th but have it listed under the 7th round picks. Is it a Kingston 6th or 7th pick? No big deal as I know you will be busy keeping up over the next 7 days.
It is actually a 6th thank you

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I do not think the Flint/Guelph trade has been added as of yet. Thanks again for this great way to follow along.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
The OTT 2019 5th rounder that was conditional in the Shaw Boomhower trade should be returned from Mississauga to Ottawa, as he didn’t return for his OA year this year.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this!

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
The OTT 2019 5th rounder that was conditional in the Shaw Boomhower trade should be returned from Mississauga to Ottawa, as he didn’t return for his OA year this year.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this!
Yes, I just keep all those conditionals just in case they do for whatever reason return.

Reactions: BarberPole9

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
I know it's not the most enticing offer, but if you ever wanna come see a game in Flint, I got a couple tickets for you. Thanks for keeping this up and running for us.
I will offer the same 2 tickets to a sting game if you are ever interested. You do awesome work and its appreciated.
That's awesome guys, those are very gracious offers. I might take you up on them in the future if I ever make my way over there, it's a little bit of a drive for me right now.

Nonetheless, I really enjoy working on the database, I use it as much as the next person.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Same here if you are ever in the GTA. let me know and I will hook you up with a ducat! Appreciate the work.

Reactions: coolwood

moose311

Dec 30, 2015
Can someone tell me how OS got the Pete's 2nd round pick??

Guelph traded it to Owen Sound in the Markus Phillips trade. Guelph received it from Peterborough in the Ryan Merkley trade. (This is the compensation pick that Peterborough got for Will Cuylle not wanting to sign.)

Peterborough's actual 2nd round pick - Sudbury sent it to Ottawa in the Peter Stratis trade. Guelph sent it to Sudbury in the Owen Lalonde trade. I can't find how Guelph acquired the pick though.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Guelph traded it to Owen Sound in the Markus Phillips trade. Guelph received it from Peterborough in the Ryan Merkley trade. (This is the compensation pick that Peterborough got for Will Cuylle not wanting to sign.)

Peterborough's actual 2nd round pick - Sudbury sent it to Ottawa in the Peter Stratis trade. Guelph sent it to Sudbury in the Owen Lalonde trade. I can't find how Guelph acquired the pick though.

Can you also explain how OS got Barrie's 5th round pick also??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad