Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Attack Correction: Correction: an earlier release said it was Owen Sound’s 2020 2nd round pick going to Peterborough. It is Mississauga’s 2nd in 2020 going to the Petes

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Owen Sound at it again...posted on Attack twitter:

The Owen Sound Attack have swapped picks in a trade with the Guelph Storm.

To Owen Sound:
Guelph 6th (2020)
Oshawa 8th (2020)

To Guelph:
Owen Sound 6th (2019)#HearTheSound

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
How did Hamilton get the 2020 Mississauga 2nd that was traded to Owen sound via Peterborough and Guelph?

Pick was traded from Mississauga to Kingston in 2016 then to Windsor in Jan 1 18. Hamilton traded it conditionally to London in Robert Thomas trade a week later but see nothing of it changing hands. Pick them went to Guelph as part of tag bertizzi trade

For those who whine about a draft pick years out being a child this pick shows exactly my vantage point: It is a tradeable asset that in reality will never be used by the team acquiring it that far out. This pick has changed hands six times in 2.5 years

Reactions: dirty12

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
How did Hamilton get the 2020 Mississauga 2nd that was traded to Owen sound via Peterborough and Guelph?

Pick was traded from Mississauga to Kingston in 2016 then to Windsor in Jan 1 18. Hamilton traded it conditionally to London in Robert Thomas trade a week later but see nothing of it changing hands. Pick them went to Guelph as part of tag bertizzi trade

For those who whine about a draft pick years out being a child this pick shows exactly my vantage point: It is a tradeable asset that in reality will never be used by the team acquiring it that far out. This pick has changed hands six times in 2.5 years
If I'm not mistaken, the pick was sent to Hamilton from Windsor as a condition of the Adam Laishram deal. There was a 2026 2nd attached to that deal and I think there was a condition on it, making Windsor trade Hamlton a closer pick when they acquired one.

Reactions: jamemcca

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Any one care to chime in as tonhiw these picks traded hands from this past weekends draft?

Flint 2nd rounder was with Erie in Taylor raddysh deal. How does Oshawa get it

Sarnia 2nd was with Saginaw in the felhaber deal how does Kingston get it

Saginaw 3rd rounder with naiagara in hayden Davis trade how does Mississauga get it

Saginaw 5th rounder was conditionally with Kitchener in mike Davis trade. How did Owen sound get it

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Any one care to chime in as tonhiw these picks traded hands from this past weekends draft?

Flint 2nd rounder was with Erie in Taylor raddysh deal. How does Oshawa get it

Sarnia 2nd was with Saginaw in the felhaber deal how does Kingston get it

Saginaw 3rd rounder with naiagara in hayden Davis trade how does Mississauga get it

Saginaw 5th rounder was conditionally with Kitchener in mike Davis trade. How did Owen sound get it
Kingston got Sarnia 2nd from Niagara in Robertson deal....Niagara got it from Saginaw in Davis trade..
To get Davis, the Spirit parted ways with Maksimov, the Spirit's second-round pick in 2015. In 91 games with the Spirit, Maksimov had 12 goals and 25 assists.
The Spirit also sent their third-round pick in 2018 and Sarnia's second-round pick in 2019.
Saginaw sent 2019 3rd the Missy in Tippet deal..

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
@coolwood
Thanks for maintaining this awesome resource, and thanks to everyone else who has contributed.

I found a couple of inconsistencies, unless I am reading the database incorrectly:

2020, 5th round
- Kingston's pick is listed under Kingston but also Peterborough. As far as I can tell it should still be with Kingston.
- North Bay's pick is listed under North Bay but also Sarnia. As far as I can tell on Oct. 9, 2018 NB sent this pick to Sarnia.
- Windsor's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell, on Aug. 31, 2018 WSR sent this pick to PBO. Perhaps that's where the accidental duplication of Kingston's pick came in?

2021, 10th round
- North Bay's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell it should still be with North Bay.

2022, 6th round
- Mississauga's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell it should still be with Mississauga.

2022, 8th round
- Mississauga's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell it should still be with Mississauga.

2023, 8th round
- Mississauga's pick is listed under Mississauga but also Owen Sound. As far as I can tell on Oct. 29, 2018 MIS sent this pick to OS.

2023, 12th round
- Oshawa's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell on Oct. 29, 2018 OSH sent this pick to SAG.

2024, 12th round
- Oshawa's pick is listed under Oshawa but also Saginaw. As far as I can tell this pick should still be with Oshawa. Perhaps this pick was moved erroneously instead of the 2023 12th?
- Saginaw's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell this pick should still be with Saginaw.

2024, 3rd round
- Guelph's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell on Jan. 5, 2019 GUE sent this pick to OS.
- Owen Sound's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell this pick should still be with OS.

Hope this helps!

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
@coolwood
Thanks for maintaining this awesome resource, and thanks to everyone else who has contributed.

I found a couple of inconsistencies, unless I am reading the database incorrectly:

2020, 5th round
- Kingston's pick is listed under Kingston but also Peterborough. As far as I can tell it should still be with Kingston.
- North Bay's pick is listed under North Bay but also Sarnia. As far as I can tell on Oct. 9, 2018 NB sent this pick to Sarnia.
- Windsor's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell, on Aug. 31, 2018 WSR sent this pick to PBO. Perhaps that's where the accidental duplication of Kingston's pick came in?

2021, 10th round
- North Bay's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell it should still be with North Bay.

2022, 6th round

2022, 8th round

2023, 8th round
- Mississauga's pick is listed under Mississauga but also Owen Sound. As far as I can tell on Oct. 29, 2018 MIS sent this pick to OS.

2023, 12th round
- Oshawa's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell on Oct. 29, 2018 OSH sent this pick to SAG.

2024, 12th round
- Oshawa's pick is listed under Oshawa but also Saginaw. As far as I can tell this pick should still be with Oshawa. Perhaps this pick was moved erroneously instead of the 2023 12th?
- Saginaw's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell this pick should still be with Saginaw.

2024, 3rd round
- Guelph's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell on Jan. 5, 2019 GUE sent this pick to OS.
- Owen Sound's pick is not listed under anyone. As far as I can tell this pick should still be with OS.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for this! I'll be sure to look at them in a few days but I'm just very busy right now. Thanks again!

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
@coolwood

2020, 5th round

2021, 10th round

2022, 6th round

2022, 8th round

2023, 8th round

2023, 12th round

2024, 12th round

2024, 3rd round

Hope this helps!
I just followed up with all these. You were right on all of them. This was also awesome and made my life really easy. Thank you!

Reactions: HockeyPops

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The conditions on the Kitchener / Mississauga trade for Merrick Rippon were one of:
2nd in '23(Bar)
3rd in '23(Miss)
4th in '23(Miss)
depending on which round Rippon was drafted into the NHL.

Since he went undrafted, I assume the conditions come off the deal and Kitchener gets the fourth round pick.

What makes me think this is that in the Kitchener/Mississauga trade involving Nick McHugh, part of the deal coming to Kitchener was the 3rd in '23 (Miss).

If the conditions weren't resolved, I don't believe that this pick would be allowed to be involved in a separate deal.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
The conditions on the Kitchener / Mississauga trade for Merrick Rippon were one of:
2nd in '23(Bar)
3rd in '23(Miss)
4th in '23(Miss)
depending on which round Rippon was drafted into the NHL.

Since he went undrafted, I assume the conditions come off the deal and Kitchener gets the fourth round pick.

What makes me think this is that in the Kitchener/Mississauga trade involving Nick McHugh, part of the deal coming to Kitchener was the 3rd in '23 (Miss).

If the conditions weren't resolved, I don't believe that this pick would be allowed to be involved in a separate deal.
I agree that the 3rd and the 2nd's conditions weren't met. The only thing though is are we sure Kitchener gets any of the picks if he was undrafted. There's just unfortunately no way for me to know if the 4th was a baseline that could be upgraded or if all of the picks would only materialize if he was drafted.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I agree that the 3rd and the 2nd's conditions weren't met. The only thing though is are we sure Kitchener gets any of the picks if he was undrafted. There's just unfortunately no way for me to know if the 4th was a baseline that could be upgraded or if all of the picks would only materialize if he was drafted.

Good point. I suppose we'll never know until the pick is moved or used in the draft that year.

Keep up the good work!!

Reactions: BarberPole9

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Coolwood, great job, too bad the O just can't keep this on their website. Not to badger you, as this requires quite a bit of work, but how up to date is the data base currently?

BTW, I will cover a ticket for you if you ever find yourself in Missy for a game! Cheers!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Coolwood, great job, too bad the O just can't keep this on their website. Not to badger you, as this requires quite a bit of work, but how up to date is the data base currently?

BTW, I will cover a ticket for you if you ever find yourself in Missy for a game! Cheers!

As it says the database is 98% accurate meaning 2% of the picks could be in the wrong spot.

As a fan who follows Owen Sound's picks for draft day every year I can say that this thread has become a key resource throughout the season.

My best advice is use the database as a guide to your team's draft picks and cross-reference the picks by searching up what was traded for a better understanding of how and what was moved for the picks.

It may take some time to get a full picture of who holds what picks but it is fairly accurate projection of what each team has.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
As it says the database is 98% accurate meaning 2% of the picks could be in the wrong spot.

As a fan who follows Owen Sound's picks for draft day every year I can say that this thread has become a key resource throughout the season.

My best advice is use the database as a guide to your team's draft picks and cross-reference the picks by searching up what was traded for a better understanding of how and what was moved for the picks.

It may take some time to get a full picture of who holds what picks but it is fairly accurate projection of what each team has.

I understand the concept, was just asking if Coolwood had time to update to the last trade window since that is the member that maintains it. I wasn't asking for advice on how to follow it.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
^ no problem, that can be a downside to just reading text with no interpersonal context. I have been on both sides of the coin as I am sure we probably all have.

Cheers, enjoy the summer weekend, love the drive up through there, nice and quiet and polite people, things I hardly ever see here in the GTA. :cool:

Reactions: AttackSound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->