OT: Redsox World Series Champions thread/MLB 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wow...I guess I'm the only one here who actually liked the Official Champions hat...I mean I'm not a huge fan of the under bill (though it's an interesting idea) I like the hat though.

But I typically hang onto the Champions hat and don't wear it (unless someone gets me an extra then I'll wear it)

I got my Hat yesterday, the T-Shirt should be arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday (no mail on Monday for Veteran's Day)

2ka RasK*

Wow...I guess I'm the only one here who actually liked the Official Champions hat...I mean I'm not a huge fan of the under bill (though it's an interesting idea) I like the hat though.

But I typically hang onto the Champions hat and don't wear it (unless someone gets me an extra then I'll wear it)

I got my Hat yesterday, the T-Shirt should be arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday (no mail on Monday for Veteran's Day)

The hat is fine if your just gonna save it. I was planning on wearing mine and I didn't realize they had other options online. I guess that one might be the official hat though because that's the only one I've seen in stores.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
if they are lucky 1 or 2 of the prospects will reach their full potential. look at the red sox top prospects from a few years ago that they offered for hernandez

Clay Buchholz
Daniel Bard
Michael Bowden
Justin Masterson
Nick Hagadone
Josh Reddick
Yamaico Navarro
Felix Doubront

Only buccholz has turned into a stud

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Is it Monday that players can start signing with new teams? I mean, at least agree on terms?

Basically is that when stuff starts heating up on the Hot Stove?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
What's the deal with Bradley.. do we expect to see him as an everyday guy for next season?

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
What's the deal with Bradley.. do we expect to see him as an everyday guy for next season?

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if he equals or is in the ballpark of Ellsbury's .336 OBP his first full season but he won't be stealing 50 bases. Hopefully he can get half of that.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Obviously it depends on Ellsbury returning or not.

The oither factor is if the Sox are actually serious players for Beltran or not. I'd venture to guess Victorino gets moved back to CF if they sign Beltran.

I honestly think they'll make an aggressive offer to Ellsbury, but ultimately he won't come back because some team will overpay for him. He is not a $100 million dollar player.

The biggest question is what do they do with Salty? Do you sign him longterm? Let him walk? Try to sign him to a short (2 year) deal until Vasquez/Swihart are ready? It's a perplexing question, and one that I frankly can say I would be on board with any of those options.

I want no part of McCann and the deal he's probably going to get. He's a good player, but he's going to get a ridiculous offer, and Salty actually had a better WAR than him last year, if you're into that stat.

The Sox supposedly have interest in Pierzynski. If the can sign him on a 1 year deal, I'd be comfortable with a Pierzynski/Ross tandem for next year, then re-evaluate for 2015. Maybe re-sign Ross to a 1 year deal and bring one of the kids up if they are ready and have Ross mentor them?

For me, catching is the biggest question mark for this team next year and beyond.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
if they are lucky 1 or 2 of the prospects will reach their full potential. look at the red sox top prospects from a few years ago that they offered for hernandez

Clay Buchholz
Daniel Bard
Michael Bowden
Justin Masterson
Nick Hagadone
Josh Reddick
Yamaico Navarro
Felix Doubront

Buch hasn't played 1 full healthy season yet. He's a part time stud.
Masterson is getting to be a stud, his stuff is filthy.
Bard WAS a stud, until they ruined him.
Reddick is a good player.
Doubront helped us win a WS.

5 out of 8 isnt bad.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
umm that's not how it works, Miami isn't going to come out and say he's available. But when the best farm system throws you an offer you listen on most any player.

So should we listen if Houston (another top farm system) comes asking about Pedroia? It's gonna take a lot more than anyone here is willing to trade to get Miami to listen.

Clay Buchholz
Daniel Bard
Michael Bowden
Justin Masterson
Nick Hagadone
Josh Reddick
Yamaico Navarro
Felix Doubront

Exactly why Miami shouldn't even consider trading Stanton for a bunch of prospects that don't even include the top one (like Ellsbury from that era).

If I'm Miami, the conversation starts with Buchholz or Lester, plus Bogaerts and JBJ. Anything other than that, I say, "No thanks, we'll keep our good, young, cheap player".

I really hate these Stanton conversations. They're the same as the constant Felix talk. We're not getting the player. Look at it from the other team's perspective.

2ka RasK*

Hope Ellsbury stays. If he goes we have a big hole to fit at the top of the order and defensively in cf.

bruinswincup

Registered Boozer
May 7, 2011
New Hampshire
So should we listen if Houston (another top farm system) comes asking about Pedroia? It's gonna take a lot more than anyone here is willing to trade to get Miami to listen.

Exactly why Miami shouldn't even consider trading Stanton for a bunch of prospects that don't even include the top one (like Ellsbury from that era).

If I'm Miami, the conversation starts with Buchholz or Lester, plus Bogaerts and JBJ. Anything other than that, I say, "No thanks, we'll keep our good, young, cheap player".

I really hate these Stanton conversations. They're the same as the constant Felix talk. We're not getting the player. Look at it from the other team's perspective.

Yeah because that's what I meant :shakehead

bruinswincup

Registered Boozer
May 7, 2011
New Hampshire

same crap i heard about not getting A-Gon, you don't have a clue what Miami's front office is thinking so don't pretend so. Why would Miami want Buchholz or Lester? They aren't going to want to take on Lester's money. Buchholz is made of glass and isn't a pitcher you build around.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Yeah because that's what I meant :shakehead

You said "you listen on most any player". To me, Stanton is as untradeable as Pedroia. I don't pretend to know what's going on in their front office. But I can look at things from their perspective and can't possibly convince myself that trading Stanton is a good idea for Miami.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
same crap i heard about not getting A-Gon, you don't have a clue what Miami's front office is thinking so don't pretend so. Why would Miami want Buchholz or Lester? They aren't going to want to take on Lester's money. Buchholz is made of glass and isn't a pitcher you build around.

Seriously? That's what you heard before the Gonzalez trade? Cus this is what I heard in February, 2010 (the trade was completed in December, 2010).

Padres CEO Jeff Moorad stated the obvious yesterday regarding first baseman Adrian Gonzalez. Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune has the quote:

"While I’d be thrilled to have him part of the organization for the long term, the early signals indicate his cost will be greater than our ability to pay."

Gonzalez's agent John Boggs agreed, and explained that he expects a trade:

"The feeling we're getting is more than likely (the Padres) are going to have to trade Adrian because (they) can't afford him."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/02/moorad-finds-adrian-gonzalez-extension-unlikely.html

Yeah, same thing we're hearing about Stanton, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad