OT: Redsox World Series Champions thread/MLB 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

RE: WMB

It's not tampering at all to have a conversation with your scouts about a player. Complete overreaction.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
RE: WMB

It's not tampering at all to have a conversation with your scouts about a player. Complete overreaction.

The comment about a contract being close to a deal is what raises the red flag to me.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Still feels incredible! :yo:

yup....

as to the "tool" comment, was that really warranted to take shots @ NECN/CSN, when they used both networks to cover said rally and gave permission for MLB Network to also simulcast their coverage to those Sox fans outside New England, Bi Coastal?

even the local ABC Affiliate here in Maine (WMTW) picked up WCVB's coverage of said rally even if it meant delaying BC/VA Tech coverage till 2pm.

member 96824

The comment about a contract being close to a deal is what raises the red flag to me.

The comment was "We've talked about them with our scouts" was it not?

When I look at what was posted in that tweet "

Dan Jennings on Trumbo and Middlebrooks, "We like both guys. We're not there yet in terms of close to any deals" Sirius 209 XM 89"

A. That sounds like answering a question about those two specifically

B. Said they're not close to any deals at all...I read it, Yeah we're interested those are two great players in a position we need...

Not really anything to get worked up about. GM's have interest in other players, if you could make grounds for that...then Chia could be in jail for the Tomas Kaberle years :laugh:

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
“Mr. Stanton is not available.” – @Marlins GM Dan Jennings.

EDIT: ah crap didn't see that this was mentioned in the other thread, sorry folks

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Off year. Marlins have been terrible for a lot longer.

I'm most interested on what's going to happen in our bullpen once Bailey and Miller show up to spring training healthy. Who do they bump off the roster? Morales?

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Off year. Marlins have been terrible for a lot longer.

I'm most interested on what's going to happen in our bullpen once Bailey and Miller show up to spring training healthy. Who do they bump off the roster? Morales?

Is Hanrahan a FA?

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
I'd like to see MLB move the Marlins and Rays out of Florida. I think Oklahoma City could support a team, at least better than Miami ever has.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
I've been flipping this around in my mind ever since the Sox won the World Series wether to get a Big Papi or Shane Victorino home jersey, and I decided I'm gonna get a Shane Victorino home jersey with World Series patch. This is my first ever Red Sox jersey so I'm excited to get this soon! I'm ordering it off of MLB Shop. Do any of you here have Red Sox jerseys? If so, what player(s)?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
sorry but the taxpayers paid for marlins park. can't move the team.

and if you can figure out a way to get the rays out of their lease, write it down, put it in a sase and mail it to 1 tropicana dr, st petersburg, fl 33705

bruinswincup

Registered Boozer
May 7, 2011
New Hampshire
I've been flipping this around in my mind ever since the Sox won the World Series wether to get a Big Papi or Shane Victorino home jersey, and I decided I'm gonna get a Shane Victorino home jersey with World Series patch. This is my first ever Red Sox jersey so I'm excited to get this soon! I'm ordering it off of MLB Shop. Do any of you here have Red Sox jerseys? If so, what player(s)?

#5 Home white and home red. And an Authentic Manny Ramirez road jersey..the old style.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
This is actually going to be my first authentic jersey of any sport too. I'm worried about the no name on the back though with the home uni's because of different players wearing the number later on, so I'm gonna get a road Victorino instead. Can't wait to get this. Flyin' Hawaiian! Shaka!
prod_zps2844dac3.jpeg

member 96824

1 and 1 only. #15 home. I bought it in April of 2007, when Pedroia was a nobody, batting like .190 and fans everywhere were complaining that we weren't playing Alex Cora at the time.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
A Lester jersey will be bought around Christmas. Home, with the WS Patch, and hopefully a Boston Strong patch. I can buy the patch separately, maybe the Pro Shop can sew it on for me?

And with the WS Patch, it doesn't matter who wears the number later on.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Regardless, the demand for Price should be intense. The St. Louis Cardinals lack a left-handed starter, and are deep enough in young pitching to deal for any star they want. The Texas Rangers long have coveted Price and could start a package with lefty Martin Perez and infielder Jurickson Profar. The Boston Red Sox, possessing the game’s top farm system, according to Baseball America, also could get involved, though the Rays likely would want a steeper package from a division rival than they would from another club.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...-trade-market-ace-pitcher-max-scherzer-110313

really dont see that happening though

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
The Wife and I had a great time @ the parade. We got down to the Gov’t center parking garage around 5:30. After getting our bearings (damn that thing is huge!!) we got a front row spot along the railing in front of where the media was in the plaza. We met and talked to alot of great Sox fans and the Wife got some great pics and video. (my 6 month old phone decided to go on the fritz :rant:) We got there so early that NECN interviewed us along with a family from Virginia that had come up. I don’t know if we made the air or not but was still fun.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
No surprise on the qualifying offers made today; but a little curious why they didn't at least make one to Salty. They must be planning to go a different route and didn't want to take a chance he'd take the one year deal?? Or are they working on a long term deal instead.

Still have high hopes they work out something with Ellsbury. And Napoli I think is coming back for sure. I wouldn't be completely against bringing Drew back under the right circumstances (which to me are moving Middlebrooks for an outfield bat (Stanton?) and switching Bogaerts over to third permanently).

Happy that most of the guys will be back next year either way. Love this group!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad