Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
780C185D-B5E4-4C56-9413-5ACBD7EAB03E-7560-00000C2D8EC10FEA_zps70414b45.jpg

Should expect all of this nice Sox gear by Christmas :)

Mista' moneybags showboatin! Haha JK, lucky. ;)

bruinswincup

Registered Boozer
May 7, 2011
New Hampshire
you're going to have to overpay though. stanton is cheap until 2017 when he's eligible for free agency.

Of course you're going to overpay its Giancarlo ****ing Stanton. I'd empty the farm on this kid because he's that good. Especially because we can restock next draft if we have multiple compensatory picks.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
don't see it, sorry.

i think stanton is a good player but not one worth emptying the farm for. he's a power hitting corner outfielder who has missed time with leg and foot injuries. he's played in 75% of his games in his career and no more than 150 so far.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Interesting

The Red Sox have checked in on veteran starter Tim Hudson, and several other teams have, too, but while Boston is said to be big admirers of Hudson, it's still a little hard to imagine the loyal Hudson leaving the Braves.

Hudson is drawing significant interest from around the league (MLB.com reported the Indians and Royals, too), but Boston's interest is intriguing, and maybe even to Hudson, who just saw them win the World Series. One person familiar with the Red Sox's thinking said, 'They really want him."

Of course, Boston is already very well-stocked with starting pitching, having just won with their six guys manning five spots. They'd have to do something to make room for Hudson if they could make a deal with him.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer...est-in-tim-hudson-braves-others-still-in-play

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
And he has terrible knees. The Yanks emptied the farm and look where they are now?

I'm not doing it for Giancarlo. And I'm not sorry about it. I'd give them the choice of WMB, JBJ, Marerro (he's from Miami) and a pitcher. That's enough. They won't take the deal so its okay.

Also, while its nice to see the Sox backup plan with the interest of Beltran. With his issues, at 38 I'd rather figure out a deal with Jacoby. Forward, not backwards

Beltran is nice but, he can't possibly play RF every day. Mike Cameron 2.0

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I like Hudson a lot more than Dempster. If they can trade Dempster and replace him with Hudson, that would be a good move IMO. But then there's still six starters so another move would need to be made or someone would have to go to the bullpen. You can never have enough starting pitching but I don't see Peavy, Doubront, or Hudson willing to do anything other than start.

There are also some reports that the Red Sox are going after Beltran.

Nick Cafardo @nickcafardo
Confirmed NY Post report: Red Sox have expressed interest in Carlos Beltran but not that aggressive to this point according to team source.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
What about this
Of Ellsbury/Stanton
OF Victorino
OF Beltran

1b Nava
2b Pedroia
3b Bogearts
ss Drew ( 2yrs 20mill)

Beltran replaces Napoli witch is not a downgrade
Nava moves to first witch lets us keep Ellsbury or trade for Stanton

OR No Beltran and both Ells and Stanton.

In 2 years
OF Ellsbury/Stanton
Of Victorino
OF open/Nava/JBJ
1B open/Nava
2B Pedroia
3B Cecchini
SS Bogearts
C Swihart

A deal for Stanton might have to include Nava, he is very cheap for his prime becuase he started so late, add in Marrero,JBJ,Webster,WMB and one other prospect maybe a Kalish or Barnes. Maybe subtract one guy or get someone with Stanton?

Last edited:

bruinswincup

Registered Boozer
May 7, 2011
New Hampshire
What about this
Of Ellsbury/Stanton
OF Victorino
OF Beltran

1b Nava
2b Pedroia
3b Bogearts
ss Drew ( 2yrs 20mill)

Beltran replaces Napoli witch is not a downgrade
Nava moves to first witch lets us keep Ellsbury or trade for Stanton

OR No Beltran and both Ells and Stanton.

In 2 years
OF Ellsbury/Stanton
Of Victorino
OF open/Nava/JBJ
1B open/Nava
2B Pedroia
3B Cecchini
SS Bogearts
C Swihart

A deal for Stanton might have to include Nava, he is very cheap for his prime becuase he started so late, add in Marrero,JBJ,Webster,WMB and one other prospect maybe a Kalish or Barnes. Maybe subtract one guy or get someone with Stanton?

Marlins would be on the floor laughing at that. Nava? come on...Kalish has 0 trade value. Start with all 4 of the bold.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Why do people think Miami would consider trading Stanton? Seriously. Enough Stanton talk until one person reports Miami would consider it.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Miami were to put him in the market, they will need to acquire some high end talent in return. So if you want to keep XB out of the deal you better be ready to deal 2 of the next 3 top guys, PLUS, PLUS

2ka RasK*

Great win, great team!!! But those Championship hats, I can't wear that out. :shake head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad