OT: Redsox World Series Champions thread/MLB 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Why would your opinion bother me? What a weird thing to say.

Basically your argument has boiled to down to "ignore the stats, he didn't feel like a star. I don't feel like he was a Hall of Famer."

This is the exact same argument, in the reverse, the Jack Morris people used.

That's simply not true. I've used the stats to draw the conclusion that he's not statistically different enough from a slew of other players at his position during his era to say he's a star and belongs in the hall.

For the record, Jack Morris is not a Hall of Fame player either. :laugh:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
That's simply not true. I've used the stats to draw the conclusion that he's not statistically different enough from a slew of other players at his position during his era to say he's a star and belongs in the hall.

For the record, Jack Morris is not a Hall of Fame player either. :laugh:

You've said numerous times, "You can throw OPS and WAR and all these other advanced stats at me," as though they aren't relevant. You have said he didn't feel like a star.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You've said numerous times, "You can throw OPS and WAR and all these other advanced stats at me," as though they aren't relevant. You have said he didn't feel like a star.

They're relevant just like all the other stats a player has compiled over the course of their careers. I just don't think one specific stat (in this argument OPS) should be weighed more than the others. When you look at everything in it's entirety, again, what I've seen is that Biggio has quite a few other second basemen that are within spitting distance of his all his stats, therefore does not stand out enough like the players I mentioned (Sandberg, Kent, Alomar) to consider him a star. But no worries, I'm truly done with this as it's been beaten to death at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad