Post-Game Talk: Reds vs. Whites Scrimmage (Reds Take It 5-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Agreed, this is why I think Poehling could be a perfect center for Domi. Poehling will be a two way stud who can keep up with Domi's speed and will drive the net like Shaw did for rebounds and deflections.
:skeptic:
He is the second center in scoring in the last two decades in our team...
Let's move him to the wing...

Or maybe he is scoring better because he is a natural center?
We are so rich in top-6 centers... Danault, Poehling, KK.
Anyone of those expected to score 60 points this season (let alone 70)?

I do not see Domi on the wings in short or mid term.
We can see about it in 2021 or 22.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sorry if this has already been covered but is there a replay available? I'm on rds.ca and trying to play it on webdiffusion but it seems to just hang.

Couldn't find a replay on rds.ca either. Says it's inactive.

Maybe someone has a separate link.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

The only one that is going to sniff 60 is Kotkaniemi.

Hence, move Danault while his value is high or move him to the wing, or put him on the third line, until Ryan is ready.

Reactions: get25

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Or maybe someone would like to revisit the scrimmage from 5 years ago ...

Reactions: Mrb1p

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The way ryan poehling is playing. He could become a good powerfoward on wing a la Boone Jenner imo. Nick Suzuki just need to play center. He is weaker along the board. At the center of the ici. He sees option everywhere. Poehling is more a north south player very strong along the board.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I hope Julien changes the lines sooner rather than later if Lehkonen doesn't work on that top line. At some point, you have to accept that he is not snake bitten but just sucks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here's what our lineups looked like for the 2014 scrimmage:

Team Red Lineup
Left WingCenterRight Wing
Jacob de la RoseDaniel AudetteNikita Scherbak
Sven AndrighettoJeremy GregoireChristian Thomas
Riley BraceAlexandre GouletTanner Eberle
Bokondji ImamaTyler Hill
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left DefenseRight Defense
Mac BennettMorgan Ellis
Gianluca CurcorutoBrett Lernout
David MakowskiBobby Shea
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goaltenders
Zachary Fucale
Hayden Hawkey
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Team White Lineup
Left WingCenterRight Wing
Tim BozonCharles HudonJiri Sekac
Jack NevinsMichael McCarronPatrick Holland
Stefano MomessoMatthew HighmoreMatt Schmalz
Sahir GillNick Sorkin
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Left DefenseRight Defense
Joel ChouinardDarren Dietz
Zach YuenJustin Baker
Charles-David BeaudoinEvan Wardley
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goaltenders
Mike Condon
Jordan Papirny
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Jordan Papirny, huh?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I hope Julien changes the lines sooner rather than later if Lehkonen doesn't work on that top line. At some point, you have to accept that he is not snake bitten but just sucks.
I would like to see poehling on this line. He could bring size on dirty area and he has a better offensive instinct than Lehkonen. Poehling is the future. Cj needs to see it. Lehkonen for me is a third/4th line winger in a playoff team

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Domi is not a natural center and will be fine on the wing. He is awful at faceoffs and is a liability in his own end as he leaves the zone too early. If you think that his point total is an accurate measurement of his value as a center then you have alot yet to learn about the game. His point totals in Arizona were reflective of the teams overall offensive struggles and was not a positional issue.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Just saw a little of the game but caught a few Suzuki vs Poeling shifts. Was pleasantly surprised to see how physical Suzuki was. Right on the puck, making contact and hard enough to create chaos. I don't doubt his ability to create offense and help the PP. But his ability to force turnovers and not be pushed around is significant.

I think he's got a good shot, if not right away, then sometime this year, of being an impact player for the team.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Domi is not a natural center and will be fine on the wing. He is awful at faceoffs and is a liability in his own end as he leaves the zone too early. If you think that his point total is an accurate measurement of his value as a center then you have alot yet to learn about the game. His point totals in Arizona were reflective of the teams overall offensive struggles and was not a positional issue.
Domi was a surprise at Center last year but he is IMO the best case to be put back at the wings. He has all the attributes to become a Marchand like type of winger.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
The only one that is going to sniff 60 is Kotkaniemi.

Hence, move Danault while his value is high or move him to the wing, or put him on the third line, until Ryan is ready.
I would be ok with KK getting 50... Would be a very good progression.
I could see our centers being Domi, KK, Danault and RP by the end of the year.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Domi was a surprise at Center last year but he is IMO the best case to be put at winger, he has all the attributes to become a Marchand like type of winger.
The day you have a center besides Domi who scores 60+ points give us a call.

Reactions: Habs Icing

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Again...
Find me a center with 60 points.
OK let's go with 55 points.
Any idea?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

If Domi were to remain at center, what would you say would be his optimum placement in the next 5 years? Top 6 or 9? Based on your comment, you don't seem to value him highly enough to be on your top line.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I don’t think to move Domi at wing is a good idea. I mean. This guy had his best season at this position and we want to move it? Lol. It could be an option if the guy struggle at this position still in december but for the moment, i don’t think this is an option.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
He is so bad that he was second (+20) in +/- behind Tatar (+21)...

You are right about FO though.
Looking at FO,
He is behind KK (by a little) in this matter.

I see Danault, Thompson and Weal who are over 50%.
Which one you see in our top-6?
Danault is the obvious top-6 center among those three...

Last edited:
Reactions: Goal Caufield

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He is so bad that he was second (+20) in +/- behind Tatar (+21)...

You are right about FO though.
Looking at FO,
He is behind KK (by a little) in this matter.

I see Danault, Thompson and Weal who are over 50%.
Which one you see in our top-6?
Danault is the obvious top-6 center among those three...
Can't figure people out here.

Galchenyuk was not good on faceoffs, nor strong defensively, yet people here wanted him used at center. Many of the same people are asking Domi to be put to the wing, for having the same flaws as Galchenyuk, only far less markedly so!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad