Post-Game Talk: Reds vs. Whites Scrimmage (Reds Take It 5-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Maybe i'm to impatient but if i was the coach i'd start the season with KK centering Domi and Drouin, Domi as the tool to play C but i think he would be even more dangerous on the wings with a C who has good vision like KK

Reactions: scrubadam

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does anyone know if all the home games at night will have that 7:00 pm starting time? I thought I heard Stephane Leroux mention it yesterday.

I remember that 7PM home starts would be implemented this season, as previously announced. I don’t recall if that only applies to working days.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Skating has always been Hudon's most formidable obstacle. There is no way to actually debate this fact. He has admitted it many times himself.
It's merely his weakness, but it's not holding him back. There are guys who perform who are slower than him, and he's not soft. It's not like he's inefficient, he can create chances by the bunch for himself and others. If you chose to explain his lack of production by a lack of foot speed, it's your choice. But there are far more visible details in his game that don't allow him to produce at the rate that he should.

Hockey is not only played in transition a la Paul Byron. It's lazy evaluation.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Even if he puts up 20-25 points in our bottom six that'll be a huge help from last year. We spent half the season with Agostini/Deslauriers/Chaput as our fourth line who combined for 3 even strength goals, as bad as our PP and backup goaltending were last year our 4th line was a major weakness until after the trade deadline.
wonder if we were really winning more games after the changes to the 4th...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Maybe i'm to impatient but if i was the coach i'd start the season with KK centering Domi and Drouin, Domi as the tool to play C but i think he would be even more dangerous on the wings with a C who has good vision like KK
it's not just about Domi possibly being better at wing, it would also allow KK to have decent wingers to play with...

on most teams, KK would be given a shot on the top 6. but it's CJ we're talking about, the guy known to protect the tie!

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
My negative, boring, sad thoughts on this scrimmage that no one really wants to read.

1- Molson made a quick 250k out of this.
2- I'm sure most players didn't want to be there and do that....felt like going to the dentist
3- Now that the PR business is done....let's get to some more real business.

Sorry about that
I know everyone loves to hate on Molson, but in this case it's undeserved. The 75k or whatever the take was for 5$ tickets gets donated to the Canadian Tire BLEU BLANC BOUGE in Action program.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
There were only a couple of physical sequences that I noticed. One involved Byron and another Weber. Can't say it there was a whole lot of it. It was a bit like an all star game otherwise.

You might wanna watch some youtbe clips of all-star games to remind yourself how soft those games are. They didn't lay out bodies, but they played hard and the man. My expectations were low in terms of physicality, and as such it was a whole lot more physical than I expected.

Reactions: DangerDave

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Neither and both of them can play C on that line. Basically it would be 2 centers even if Domi is on the "wing". During the play they could switch on the fly and this could confuse the other teams.

I would like to see a pre season game with that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad