Post-Game Talk: Reds vs. Whites Scrimmage (Reds Take It 5-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
My negative, boring, sad thoughts on this scrimmage that no one really wants to read.

1- Molson made a quick 250k out of this.
2- I'm sure most players didn't want to be there and do that....felt like going to the dentist
3- Now that the PR business is done....let's get to some more real business.

Sorry about that
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
i love you

Reactions: Milhouse40

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Thompson has looked really good all game.

He looks a little faster. He may have lost weight and increased his fitness level over the summer.

Players always look relatively faster in these games because nobody is trying. It is the same thing every training camp where the slow players get to out skate the faster players in meaningless scrimmages.

Was the same with Ribeiro, Latendresse, Locke, Ryan, Chouinard, Ward , Hudon etc.......

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixxer and 26Mats

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
A red vs white match and Domi was never known for his defensive game lol, beside his intense backcheck he isn’t very good. Hate it or love it, Domi’s game is more suited at wing.

Agreed, this is why I think Poehling could be a perfect center for Domi. Poehling will be a two way stud who can keep up with Domi's speed and will drive the net like Shaw did for rebounds and deflections.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Same opinion. Weal is very solid and is at worst a good fourth liner that can play up the lineup if there is injuries.

Cousins was slow today. Thompson looked better.

Thompson looked leaner - and most importantly quicker. He wasn't speaking metaphorically when he said he felt 22 at the start of camp...

Reactions: Revansky

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
My negative, boring, sad thoughts on this scrimmage that no one really wants to read.

2- I'm sure most players didn't want to be there and do that....felt like going to the dentist

Sorry about that

Apology not accepted, I want my 10 seconds back

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Players always look relatively faster in these games because nobody is trying. It is the same thing every training camp where the slow players get to out skate the faster players in meaningless scrimmages.

Was the same with Ribeiro, Latendresse, Locke, Ryan, Chouinard, Ward etc.......

True, but I was also talking about Thompson's physical shape. I think he must have trained to come in lighter. He looks to be not nearly as thick.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Was the same with Ribeiro, Latendresse, Locke, Ryan, Chouinard, Ward etc.......

We really need to see the players in the context of a game with real opposition where keeping your head down can have consequences.

Today was just a pleasant reacquaintance with some of our favorites. Can’t read too much into it, I agree.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Sorry about that

Just wondering, you do know that proceeds from the game went to charity eh? Molson probably only broke even at best

Reactions: Fenris

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Based on what I saw today I would eventually welcomea top 9 of:

Drouin - Domi - Suzuki
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia

Could be very interesting to see...

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
No i didn't know that….then let's say Molson going to have sweet Tax break.

Nah, that doesn't work either lol, raising money through events like this is more like a direct donation from the fans rather than from Molson, in theory the fans could claim their tickets.

I think you meant RDS and the ad revenue from the stream, that probably made them a few bucks.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Nah, that doesn't work either lol, raising money through events like this is more like a direct donation from the fans rather than from Molson, in theory the fans could claim their tickets.

I think you meant RDS and the ad revenue from the stream, that probably made them a few bucks.

I don't think you are right on this one. The tax break goes to the name of the donors…..in this case the donation is made from the CH....not entirely sure on this one but close.

But yeah, some publicity, some concessions revenues, merch, parking etc...

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I did. I stuck out my neck way out there and called Suzuki a future Kariya type while Poehling might become a Jay Beagle type. I think @BaseballCoach is still mad to this day.

Disagree strongly, but not mad. Can't get mad over opinions. I don't agree that Poehling would, in your words, TOP OUT as Jay Beagle. That is not his ceiling IMO. But like all young players, we need to see how they actually do, and I'm willing to wait and see before making career c omparisons!

Matteus

May 11, 2009
At different points in the broadcast today Gaston praised Ben Chariot and Kyle Fleury.
I wonder how long it will take him to learn their names.
Is he on a trial to? Can he be sent down to the farm?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
At different points in the broadcast today Gaston praised Ben Chariot and Kyle Fleury.
I wonder how long it will take him to learn their names.
Is he on a trial to? Can he be sent down to the farm?
wasn't it " Quel Fleury "? :sarcasm:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So, have we seen enough to make our final and unequivocal conclusion about the rest of the season? I say no playoffs. Drouin is bad. There.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad