Confirmed with Link: Red Wings sign D Justin Holl 3 years, 10.2M (3.4M AAV)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
that will never happen because yzerman hates kids, so much so that he is putting his own adult children up for adoption. he's on record stating that he wishes hockey players came out of the womb aged 34 years. if we do see an injury on the blue line this year you can except steve to personally dig up the corpse of red kelly before he calls edvinsson up
Maybe Yzerman can play a role in the next Monty Pythons film. You can write his part. The title " a nasty child eater"
Come on , team is winning, for very long time we haven't had as good team . Just enjoy what's going on. Sooner or later Ed will be with big team. Edvinsson is more NHL ready than Raymond first NHL season
It wa a joke, and a very obvious one. How did you manage to misunderstand it.

Reactions: lilidk

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I don't think he is that hard to move. He's decent at PK, and he is a right handed RD. Not many of them available at the trade deadline. There's a few teams that could need him.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Don’t even think he’s been that bad. Mattaa has just really stepped up since mid season. And chiarot-Petry have pretty good chemistry. Still tough deal to move because of the 2 more years left

Reactions: 14ari13

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Quite sure they are not even trying to move him.

Waiting for next season rebound. Maybe Edvinsson will match with him well, and suddenly he looks as good as Chiarot with Petry.

He stays as the 7th spare option for this season, and next season is a new ballgame.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The main problem with Holl is that Petry and Ghost exist. Petry, because coach has an obsession with ChiaPet and his NMC makes him immovable and we got basically strong-armed into accepting him for nothing because he's a local guy. Ghost, because he's Holl's most common partner whenever he got into the lineup. Chia - Holl is a perfectly servicable pairing. Ghost - Holl is trash. Maatta - Holl is ok.

1709223049776.png

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
Simplest answer is best. Yzerman wasn't 100% sure he was going to get DBC and Kane and was just trying to fill out the roster and run another tank season. I don't think he expected this level of success this year and his timetable got ripped out his hands and sped up 3 years.

If he had added another forward, that would make sense, but not sure how DBC or Kane would affect the blueline. Plus he overpaid in both term and money, I just don't get it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Holl is fine for what he is, and if we want Ed and Albert on the Wings next year we'll carry 8 d.

Exactly.

Holl is the pair of snow tires you bought but the season was so mild you never got around to putting them on the car and honestly you didn't need them anyway it turns out. But you have them if the situation calls and it's not taking up too much room in the garage so you'll just hang onto them should the need arise.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Holl won't play in another meaningful game. If the last 2 do not mean a thing, triple shift the guy. He'll be waived this off season, then unconditionally release and then off to Europe.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Why? He’s a great d-man at a great cap hit
honestly? not sure why. Just feels like it is going to happen 🤷‍♂️

I do think aljo makes him a little expendable as long as it is for a big named top 6 player to take over rasmussen's top 6 role and put ras back down with fischer/copp. I wouldn't get rid of walman just for the sake of it, it would have to be for a top 6 forward to a team that needs a top 2/3 D like he has been playing.

Trading away a Top 4 D on a dirt cheap contract is definitely good management.
omg your speaking to me again? How did i get so damn lucky.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

I do think aljo makes him a little expendable as long as it is for a big named top 6 player to take over rasmussen's top 6 role and put ras back down with fischer/copp. I wouldn't get rid of walman just for the sake of it, it would have to be for a top 6 forward to a team that needs a top 2/3 D like he has been playing.

I mean I’m sorry but im not putting all my chips on a rookie d-man to replace our #2 d-man. Makes 0 sense

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

I speak to you all the time to try to enlighten you when you make completely illogical suggestions, such as trading Walman.

I never said I don't speak with you. What I said is that I often disregard your long-winded posts based on your track record of making completely illogical suggestions, and I corrected you when you tried to claim that I "Like your posts all the time". :thumbu:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Walman Seider
SE Petry
Ajo Chariot
Hanifin Holl

I can't see us benching that much wasted salary nor benching SE or AJo

Something has to give

Something only has to give if Yzerman actually has another place to spend that cap space. Barring that, I don't think they would blink about burying a bunch of money every night or benching Albert.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Exactly.

Holl is the pair of snow tires you bought but the season was so mild you never got around to putting them on the car and honestly you didn't need them anyway it turns out. But you have them if the situation calls and it's not taking up too much room in the garage so you'll just hang onto them should the need arise.
I look at it more like, Holl is the bald spare you keep in the trunk. You hope you never have to use him, you forget that he is there, and if you need him it meant things went horribly wrong.

Reactions: wingerdinger

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I look at it more like, Holl is the bald spare you keep in the trunk. You hope you never have to use him, you forget that he is there, and if you need him it meant things went horribly wrong.
Also you spent more than you should on that old bald tire so you keep younger more capable tires at home in the garage to collect mold instead.

• Haha
Reactions: WFIAA and 14ari13

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
We wont move him at the deadline, this is an off-season move until then we just have to grit our teeth and bare it.

Would Arizona take him for a 3rd?

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
What kind of pick are you talking here? Like a third?
Theres a 0% chance I'd offer a 1st or 2nd ... I'd be pushing for a 5th and work by way down to a 3rd if need be

right handed dmen are in demand so I'm sure we can find a taker. Hes gotta be gone though

Walman is not untouchable. I think he will be traded before his contract is up. He could fetch a good return.
If we got a hanifin somehow + edvinsson in the top 4 I'd 100% deal him for a 1st + or a top prospect .

Can easily turn around and keep gost for a couple years on the 3rd and for the ppl

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad