Confirmed with Link: Red Wings sign D Justin Holl 3 years, 10.2M (3.4M AAV)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
He looks as slow as Murphy in his last season, however he is doing fine so far.

I am very happy Toronto media prove once again they are clueless about hockey. Nice to see it benefits us.

• Haha
Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hope John Klingberg is leading the league in minuses. :D

Orlov is -10 in Carolina, and Sergachev is -8 because the Wings handed him -3, lol.

Kadri leads all forwards with -8, HALF of which is because of the Wings. That's pretty impressive when early season individual stats are getting skewed because of the Wings.

Klingberg has not played the Wings yet, so he's at -2.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He looks as slow as Murphy in his last season, however he is doing fine so far.

I am very happy Toronto media prove once again they are clueless about hockey. Nice to see it benefits us.

NOBODY is as slow as Murphy in that last season. I think me as a 14 year old gangly bantam or as a 40 year old out of shape office worker could have out skated Murphy in 2001.

Orlov is -10 in Carolina, and Sergachev is -8 because the Wings handed him -3, lol.

Kadri leads all forwards with -8, HALF of which is because of the Wings. That's pretty impressive when early season individual stats are getting skewed because of the Wings.

Klingberg has not played the Wings yet, so he's at -2.

Bro, I’m so excited to see the wings counterpunching offense against the realbad defense of Toronto. We may break this page from posting too many laughing hysterically gifs.

Reactions: Spitfire11

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
NOBODY is as slow as Murphy in that last season. I think me as a 14 year old gangly bantam or as a 40 year old out of shape office worker could have out skated Murphy in 2001.

Bro, I’m so excited to see the wings counterpunching offense against the realbad defense of Toronto. We may break this page from posting too many laughing hysterically gifs.
Chelios in his final season with the Wings was right up there. Every time he touched the ice he seemed like an old man skating.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Chelios in his final season with the Wings was right up there. Every time he touched the ice he seemed like an old man skating.

Chelios was clearly done when he broke his ankle (2008 off-season or something). All movement and skating was gone.

Before that, he was still ok for 3rd pair.

Holl's updated JFresh card.

1698570075789.png

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
No Holl fan, but he is -2 his last 3 games. Since his +5 game he -1,-1,and 0.

That -1 versus Boston was 100% of Gostisbehere's fault. He did leave McAvoy for a free ride.

Other goals were PP, PS and EN.

Rasmussen stupid penalty --> 1-0 PP goal
Gostisbehere vs. McAvoy --> 2-0
Raymond giveaway --> penalty shot --> 3-1
Empty-netter --> 4-1

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario

Yea that’s no exaggeration, glad someone else remembers how legendarily slow Murphy was by the end. One of the most painful things to watch was him trying to skate back for icing calls.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
Yea that’s no exaggeration, glad someone else remembers how legendarily slow Murphy was by the end. One of the most painful things to watch was him trying to skate back for icing calls.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I am old enough to remember when Brad Park played for Detroit at the end of his career. He would qb the pp and lead the breakouts from his own zone. I've never seen anyone slower...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

Healthy scratch last nine 9.HATED this signing from the moment the ink was still wet. Why did we sign this guy????

Reactions: WFIAA

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Healthy scratch last nine 9.HATED this signing from the moment the ink was still wet. Why did we sign this guy????

this is an untrue report.

kaplan said they are listening to defenseman and did not name any of the d we have. Someone took that and just said it was holl and it is being picked up by everyone that isn't reading.

Although, holl is obviously the main candidate for us to trade at the moment, doesn't make the rumors to be true.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Why not wave Holl, he could help kids in GR and if there is a trade or injury Edvinsson could be called up. Also why not let him play against Islanders to see where he is

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Why not wave Holl, he could help kids in GR and if there is a trade or injury Edvinsson could be called up. Also why not let him play against Islanders to see where he is
that will never happen because yzerman hates kids, so much so that he is putting his own adult children up for adoption. he's on record stating that he wishes hockey players came out of the womb aged 34 years. if we do see an injury on the blue line this year you can except steve to personally dig up the corpse of red kelly before he calls edvinsson up

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
that will never happen because yzerman hates kids, so much so that he is putting his own adult children up for adoption. he's on record stating that he wishes hockey players came out of the womb aged 34 years. if we do see an injury on the blue line this year you can except steve to personally dig up the corpse of red kelly before he calls edvinsson up
Come on , team is winning, for very long time we haven't had as good team . Just enjoy what's going on. Sooner or later Ed will be with big team. Edvinsson is more NHL ready than Raymond first NHL season

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
this is an untrue report.

kaplan said they are listening to defenseman and did not name any of the d we have. Someone took that and just said it was holl and it is being picked up by everyone that isn't reading.

Although, holl is obviously the main candidate for us to trade at the moment, doesn't make the rumors to be true.
Thanks. I seen it mentioned on BR and found the link on X.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Thanks. I seen it mentioned on BR and found the link on X.
no problem. I saw it on x and read the comments where they were saying all this. Looked at her article and it checked out so, that is kind of annoying. This is why I don't listen to any "insiders" because none no anything other than daliwhal for canucks and strickland for stl/det trades between each other. Every single other outlet seems to always be completely wrong.

I wish we had an adam schefter but we dont.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016

With you there but can’t see anyone taking his corpse and stupid contract. Plus he has a NTC if I remember correctly. Not sure what Yzerman was thinking on this one at all.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
In a vacuum: f*** me dead!
In reality: it’s 3x3,4$ and we’re not a playoff team anyway. Who cares
Were not?

With you there but can’t see anyone taking his corpse and stupid contract. Plus he has a NTC if I remember correctly. Not sure what Yzerman was thinking on this one at all.
Only a 10 team no trade list. That's not unbearable. Maybe we can trade him to Toronto and eat half the cap

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Simplest answer is best. Yzerman wasn't 100% sure he was going to get DBC and Kane and was just trying to fill out the roster and run another tank season. I don't think he expected this level of success this year and his timetable got ripped out his hands and sped up 3 years.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Simplest answer is best. Yzerman wasn't 100% sure he was going to get DBC and Kane and was just trying to fill out the roster and run another tank season. I don't think he expected this level of success this year and his timetable got ripped out his hands and sped up 3 years.
Lol that's nowhere near the simplest answer. That's a tinfoil hat answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad