Confirmed with Link: Red Wings sign D Justin Holl 3 years, 10.2M (3.4M AAV)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Also you spent more than you should on that old bald tire so you keep younger more capable tires at home in the garage to collect mold instead.
Lol. After 2 posters point out he does not hurt the team nor he is taking a spot from Edvidson since he is not in the lineup you come with that claim. Lol

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I speak to you all the time to try to enlighten you when you make completely illogical suggestions, such as trading Walman.

I never said I don't speak with you. What I said is that I often disregard your long-winded posts based on your track record of making completely illogical suggestions, and I corrected you when you tried to claim that I "Like your posts all the time". :thumbu:
I never said that you said you don't speak with me. :thumbu:

regardless, nice to have you back! Trading walman is not completely illogical, especially just because I said it. There was someone else on here that made a comment about trading walman to make room and for the life of me I don't remember who it was (and i also don't give up my sources....even though they were openly saying it once or twice on this forums in a public setting but nonetheless!) it made me think a little and I could see it happening because after this contract, he will want and deservedly so a raise that at that point, we will not be able to service if hanifin does get traded to us.

The posts are "very long winded" because I like to be thorough instead of giving one or two sentences that can be vague and create additional arguments for no reason (kind of what you and norrisnick do all the time). You read it or don't read it, makes no matter to me (goes for everyone not just you).

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Walman is not untouchable. I think he will be traded before his contract is up. He could fetch a good return.

Theres a 0% chance I'd offer a 1st or 2nd ... I'd be pushing for a 5th and work by way down to a 3rd if need be

right handed dmen are in demand so I'm sure we can find a taker. Hes gotta be gone though

If we got a hanifin somehow + edvinsson in the top 4 I'd 100% deal him for a 1st + or a top prospect .

Can easily turn around and keep gost for a couple years on the 3rd and for the ppl
at least its nice to know I am not the only one with illogical statements, right @FriendlyGhost92 ?

Or...stick with me...it is actually a practical business management decision that could make us a lot better overall in the long run. Never know, but I'll stop here so I make sure you read it since I'm always long winded :thumbu::thumbu:;):cool:

can't wait to see what kane's contract is so we can put that whole, pesky minimal/minimum situation to bed

I mean I’m sorry but im not putting all my chips on a rookie d-man to replace our #2 d-man. Makes 0 sense
makes sense, don't hate that logic.

But if we get hanifin and we pay that man his money (guessing somewhere close to 7x7 or whatever) how do you think we will be able to afford walman on his extension? I may be pushing it or jumping the gun by saying I have a funny feeling he is traded this offseason, but trading him next offseason is also an opportunity for us to push for a top 6 forward.

Would walman for Connor as a base make sense next offseason? I wouldn't hate it...

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
at least its nice to know I am not the only one with illogical statements, right @FriendlyGhost92 ?

Or...stick with me...it is actually a practical business management decision that could make us a lot better overall in the long run. Never know, but I'll stop here so I make sure you read it since I'm always long winded :thumbu::thumbu:;):cool:

can't wait to see what kane's contract is so we can put that whole, pesky minimal/minimum situation to bed

makes sense, don't hate that logic.

But if we get hanifin and we pay that man his money (guessing somewhere close to 7x7 or whatever) how do you think we will be able to afford walman on his extension? I may be pushing it or jumping the gun by saying I have a funny feeling he is traded this offseason, but trading him next offseason is also an opportunity for us to push for a top 6 forward.

Would walman for Connor as a base make sense next offseason? I wouldn't hate it...
You could make the argument for the following offseason when Ed especially has a year under his belt.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
You could make the argument for the following offseason when Ed especially has a year under his belt.
huzzah! we have come to a gentlemans agreement. This offseason sounds dumb, next season sounds plausible as long as it is for a top 6 forward like a kyle connor of the winnipeg!

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I never said that you said you don't speak with me. :thumbu:

regardless, nice to have you back! Trading walman is not completely illogical, especially just because I said it. There was someone else on here that made a comment about trading walman to make room and for the life of me I don't remember who it was (and i also don't give up my sources....even though they were openly saying it once or twice on this forums in a public setting but nonetheless!) it made me think a little and I could see it happening because after this contract, he will want and deservedly so a raise that at that point, we will not be able to service if hanifin does get traded to us.

The posts are "very long winded" because I like to be thorough instead of giving one or two sentences that can be vague and create additional arguments for no reason (kind of what you and norrisnick do all the time). You read it or don't read it, makes no matter to me (goes for everyone not just you).
Toxic...

• Haha
Reactions: Konnan511

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
huzzah! we have come to a gentlemans agreement. This offseason sounds dumb, next season sounds plausible as long as it is for a top 6 forward like a kyle connor of the winnipeg!
Like I said prior if we got a hanifin like everyone's pushing edvinsson is coming as well, walman drops to the 3rd

Why not sell high when hes performing? Why wait when his stock drops ... we can flip him in the off season for a 1st+ or flip that for someone or trade him for aomeone's top prospect

Anyways all depends if we get another top 4 left dman. If anyone's been watching the griffins they'd know edvinsson is for real

I do think he gets traded eventually cause like he did with hronek if walman keeps producing he wont want to give him big bucks. I dont think were getting hanifin so I agree he likely gets dealt summer 2025 unless wings are a disaster next season by the deadline

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Like I said prior if we got a hanifin like everyone's pushing edvinsson is coming as well, walman drops to the 3rd

Why not sell high when hes performing? Why wait when his stock drops ... we can flop him in the off season for a 1st+ and flip that or someone's top prospect

Anyways all depends if we get another top 4 left dman. If anyone's been watching the griffins they'd know edvinsson is for real

I do think he gets traded eventually cause like he did with hronek of walman keeps producing he wont want to give him big bucks. I dont think were getting hanifin so I agree he likely gets dealt summer 2025 unless wings are a disaster next season by the deadline
they'd also realize that aljo just might be better than edvinsson at this current time period. In 5 years, probably not, but right now, aljo is better and the GR team thinks so too (including mazur who said it out loud in an interview).

Reactions: letsgowings9999

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
they'd also realize that aljo just might be better than edvinsson at this current time period. In 5 years, probably not, but right now, aljo is better and the GR team thinks so too (including mazur who said it out loud in an interview).
Edvinsson will help on the ppl though and offensive side . But ya you dont have to tell me twice about albert I been saying hes ready for a long time now. We need to dump dmen cause we need edvinsson and johansson in next season

So again if we get a hanifin do we want to slow down johansson? I'd say sell high on walman and have a veteran dmen as number 7 to rotate games

Hanifin seider
Edvinsson chiarot
Johansson free agent/trade
Maata to rotate games and ease johansson/edvinsson in and put chiarot on the right side with edvinsson to let him fly and do his thing

Holl has got to go

Reactions: Detroit Knights

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Why not sell high when hes performing? Why wait when his stock drops ... we can flip him in the off season for a 1st+ or flip that for someone or trade him for aomeone's top prospect

I do think he gets traded eventually cause like he did with hronek if walman keeps producing he wont want to give him big bucks. I dont think were getting hanifin so I agree he likely gets dealt summer 2025 unless wings are a disaster next season by the deadline
My English is not great, but I really struggle to understand what you mean and who you talk about.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Edvinsson will help on the ppl though and offensive side . But ya you dont have to tell me twice about albert I been saying hes ready for a long time now. We need to dump dmen cause we need edvinsson and johansson in next season

So again if we get a hanifin do we want to slow down johansson? I'd say sell high on walman and have a veteran dmen as number 7 to rotate games

Hanifin seider
Edvinsson chiarot
Johansson free agent/trade
Maata to rotate games and ease johansson/edvinsson in and put chiarot on the right side with edvinsson to let him fly and do his thing

Holl has got to go
hanifin would take over ghost's powerplay duties and seider stays on the other powerplay. So we don't technically need edvinsson for powerplay usage unless we go back to a two D system (that I advocated for before because our powerplay was dogshit last year) but our powerplay this season has been pretty good so, not sure the 2 D pp would be beneficial with who we have been icing out there.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
hanifin would take over ghost's powerplay duties and seider stays on the other powerplay. So we don't technically need edvinsson for powerplay usage unless we go back to a two D system (that I advocated for before because our powerplay was dogshit last year) but our powerplay this season has been pretty good so, not sure the 2 D pp would be beneficial with who we have been icing out there.
Edvinsson should definitely be on the ppl.. I'd have to look at the lines but i recall seeing veleno on the ppl and laughing and wondering how berggren wouldnt better option there

I'd have zero problem with 2 dmen on the ppl of they're capable

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Edvinsson should definitely be on the ppl.. I'd have to look at the lines but i recall seeing veleno on the ppl and laughing and wondering how berggren wouldnt better option there
I hate it when veleno is out there on the pp and yeah, berggren would probably be a better option (especially since we have been using fabbri as the center on what I can only assume is our pp1 with kane/dbc/seider/whoever else).

edvinsson as the qb could be interesting but I wouldn't get him out there on the pp this season, probably next when he has some time in the nhl. Wouldn't hate it if I saw it next week, but I just don't see a conservative lalonde doing that.
I'd have zero problem with 2 dmen on the ppl of they're capable
I miss the days of lidstrom and rafalski doing the switchup on the blue line so they are both in perfect one timing position (regardless of who had it) and then you had to deal with a lidstrom shot/pass to holmstrom 5 feet away from the net, a lidstrom bomb that is always precisely placed on net, or a rafalski one timer that always seemed to find the net/goalie area.

man they knew how to get it to the net.

Reactions: letsgowings9999

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I hate it when veleno is out there on the pp and yeah, berggren would probably be a better option (especially since we have been using fabbri as the center on what I can only assume is our pp1 with kane/dbc/seider/whoever else).

edvinsson as the qb could be interesting but I wouldn't get him out there on the pp this season, probably next when he has some time in the nhl. Wouldn't hate it if I saw it next week, but I just don't see a conservative lalonde doing that.

I miss the days of lidstrom and rafalski doing the switchup on the blue line so they are both in perfect one timing position (regardless of who had it) and then you had to deal with a lidstrom shot/pass to holmstrom 5 feet away from the net, a lidstrom bomb that is always precisely placed on net, or a rafalski one timer that always seemed to find the net/goalie area.

man they knew how to get it to the net.
Ya dont think were seeing edvinsson this year. Grand Rapids is doing really good and I dont think yzerman will mess with that

I'd love if he made room for berggren cause I'd hate to sell him when his value is so low. Dont think yzerman would keep him longterm unless our prospects bust and berggren exceeds expectations but I'd definitely want him around a season at least cause I think he can get 20 goals and get 50 if hes not on the 4th. Then we sell high

Ya those were the glory days of the wings . I'll always miss those times

But with pelikka coming and edvinsson I think theres a chance well see 2 dmen on the ppl unit again

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Now that Rasmussen has extended, they should release him on the powerplay. He would make a great net front presence.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Lol. After 2 posters point out he does not hurt the team nor he is taking a spot from Edvidson since he is not in the lineup you come with that claim. Lol
you think 3.4 mill for a 7th d man isnt doing any harm? Yes he doesnt hurt us this season but that caphit doesnt help push as hard as we can next season.

We got a chance to dump him to an Arizona for hopefully just a 3rd in the offseason. Not the biggest mistake but just something to cleanup.

Reactions: Realgud

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
you think 3.4 mill for a 7th d man isnt doing any harm? Yes he doesnt hurt us this season but that caphit doesnt help push as hard as we can next season.

We got a chance to dump him to an Arizona for hopefully just a 3rd in the offseason. Not the biggest mistake but just something to cleanup.

It’s more money than I’d like for a 7th D but it’s not world shattering either. The contract is moveable. It was also signed before Petry was gifted to Detroit. I don’t think it was Yzerman’s intention to have 3.4 mil sitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad