Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Looks pretty incredible. And an actually humongous big upgrade from the first one (which it oughtta be, its almost a decade).

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Looks great on pretty much every front, but I'm still not finding this new lead as immediately likeable as Marston.

Also still not sure which platform I'm getting it on. Most of my friends play on Xbox, so if I'm going to play MP I'd get it on that, but I honestly barely played the online mode in the original RDR.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Looks good but clinical, feels like Rockstar has lost the X factor in their games after San Andreas.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Looks great on pretty much every front, but I'm still not finding this new lead as immediately likeable as Marston.

Also still not sure which platform I'm getting it on. Most of my friends play on Xbox, so if I'm going to play MP I'd get it on that, but I honestly barely played the online mode in the original RDR.

Is there any reason to get it on PS4? (Maybe having a Pro or something like that?)

I'd go for the platform your friends are on, although given the nature of GTAV online, I'm not super confident it'll be to my liking personally.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
looks incredible. pls bring to PC :/

GTA V makes me think RDR2 will eventually be on PC, it would be silly to say no to all those sales.

They probably regret never bringing RDR to PC but once they realized it, it was too late and it made more sense to just keep going instead of spending time and money on porting a 2010 game.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looks pretty good. Vast explorable land and interaction with your gang
Interacting with your gang and the camp life seems like something fresh and new(and i assume a lot of the side quests will come from gang members)...really looking forward to that part of the game.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Was just coming here to post that....i'm literally amazed, this game is looking like a masterpiece.

Agreed.

eFfmdb3.jpg

Even though I need to buy a current gen console still. :laugh:

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Is there any reason to get it on PS4? (Maybe having a Pro or something like that?)

I'd go for the platform your friends are on, although given the nature of GTAV online, I'm not super confident it'll be to my liking personally.

I haven't upgraded either platform, still on my launch consoles. Wouldn't be shocked if RDR2 ran better on a base PS4 than a base XBONE, however marginally. Most games seem to.

So if I'm not going to play MP, I'd probably go PS4 for that reason.

I pre-ordered the physical on both platforms, I can make the call at launch day. lol

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Interacting with your gang and the camp life seems like something fresh and new(and i assume a lot of the side quests will come from gang members)...really looking forward to that part of the game.

It probably sounds fresher on paper than it will feel. Sounds like a regular town that changes location, nothing we haven't seen before.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still pumped but I remain skeptical that this game will actually revolutionize open-world game design like a lot of people seem to be expecting.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I hope you can swim in this one.

Always found it stupid how in RDR Marston was the epitome of western badass who could do this, kill that, and shoot this, yet you were toast if you feel into the water.

Just like in the old GTA games before San Andreas.

Reactions: CoyoteSkyDiver

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
looks incredible. pls bring to PC :/

We might have to be really patient. If it ever comes to PC, it may not be until the next console generation, I figure. After GTA V was released, and unlike with GTA IV, Rockstar didn't immediately work on porting it to PC. Because the PS4 and XB1 were just a year away, they began working on upgraded versions for that next generation, and only after they double-dipped did they turn their attention to PC. They may plan to do that again and work on the PS5 and XB2 versions as soon as they're done with this generation's versions. Since there's going to be a little extra time before PS5 and XB2 are released, they may spend much of that beefing up the multiplayer to something comparable to GTA Online, i.e. Red Dead Online. That would give even more incentive for people to buy the game a second time. Also, a more substantial multiplayer component like that would do wonders for increasing sales on PC by reducing piracy. That would make a lot of sense for them. In other words, it might be at least two years (until the next gen consoles) before we get a PC version (if we ever get one; they could just as easily decide that 2.5 years after initial release is too long to bother).

They probably regret never bringing RDR to PC but once they realized it, it was too late and it made more sense to just keep going instead of spending time and money on porting a 2010 game.

I don't know if it's regret. If they regret not bringing RDR to PC, they probably would've somehow made amends this time around by co-developing a PC version of the sequel, announcing interest in porting it after the game is released on consoles or at least responding to the petitions for it. If Rockstar cares about the PC or PC gamers, they sure have a lousy way of showing it.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It was reported that someone (I assume Sony) paid Take-Two a lot of money to delay the pc version of GTA V.

I wouldn't be surprised that, if that is what went down with GTA V, something similar is at play here.

If there was a PC version no way in hell do I get it on PS4 so there is some benefit to keeping it on consoles only to some degree methinks (for Sony)

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It was reported that someone (I assume Sony) paid Take-Two a lot of money to delay the pc version of GTA V.

I wouldn't be surprised that, if that is what went down with GTA V, something similar is at play here.

If there was a PC version no way in hell do I get it on PS4 so there is some benefit to keeping it on consoles only to some degree methinks (for Sony)

Rockstar takes manufacturer money but they never really bend over backwards for them. Sony has marketing rights for RDR2 (and GTA V before that) but it didn't result in any meaningful advantages. Historically Rockstar hasn't been all that interested in PC versions unless it makes them a lot of money.

Back when piracy was a massive issue, there was a legitimate argument that RDR1 didn't happen on PC for that reason. They can also get people to double dip if they release the PC version later on, while it's unlikely someone will buy the console version later if they buy the PC first. I don't think Sony could convince them to not do a PC version if Rockstar believed a PC version would make them dosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad