Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Fantastic news, I've already got what I consider my sixty dollars out of this game already and I've only explored like 60% of the map. I just hope that Texas/New Mexico/Mexico isn't as boring as the previous game map wise.
I couldn't agree more. I've already gotten my $60 worth and I'm JUST starting chapter 4. Online isn't even released yet....

Edit: Congrats to me for being post #1000 let's get Rootin' Tootin' Shootin' Part 2 going here, mods! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bocephus86

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Thread might get locked soon, but I was wondering if you can buy the satchels anywhere ? Or buy perfect pelts to make them with Pearson ? I haven't had the time to hunt to find perfect pelts for them

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I've accepted my fate of being constantly underweight. Ironically, this is the exact opposite of my real life fate.

Also, is there a cap on honour up to a certain story point or something? I've been stuck at like 80% ish forever.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Thread might get locked soon, but I was wondering if you can buy the satchels anywhere ? Or buy perfect pelts to make them with Pearson ? I haven't had the time to hunt to find perfect pelts for them

I think you can buy them at some point in the late game from the fence in Van Horn but I'm in chapter four and he doesn't have any satchels available for me right now. It's a royal pain in the ass since I've pretty much given up on trying to find a panther pelt.

Reactions: hotcarle

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Quick question, spoiler tags if needed but please don't tell me the story: I'm probably 12-15 real hours in & just got to chapter 3. At that pace, thoughts on my total game time? Chapter 2 went on much longer than I anticipated; are they all (relatively) equally long? I've used the coach once and no fast travel, that is mostly missions but I also ADHD hunt relatively frequently. Just curious if people who are finished moved quick, played a lot, or if I'm super slow.

One thing I have done is I try to do all marked missions before yellow. I'm sure that slowed me down to start but those would carry over so I may have front loaded my time.

And last note: Any good hunting tips? I really struggle finding perfect pelts, and really struggle to not knock a star off shooting them. Recently I realized dead-eyeing the animals for head shots help, but using my smithfield vs deer still seems to knock off a star even though it says "rifles" on the details.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
so i played the game for the first time last night and some throughout today, and when i bought the physical copy it came with a code for a survival kit of some kind but like i dont know if I have it now or not even though I downloaded it. I accidentelly noticed the code after i already started a game, so would that not kick in unless i start up a new story?

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Quick question, spoiler tags if needed but please don't tell me the story: I'm probably 12-15 real hours in & just got to chapter 3. At that pace, thoughts on my total game time? Chapter 2 went on much longer than I anticipated; are they all (relatively) equally long? I've used the coach once and no fast travel, that is mostly missions but I also ADHD hunt relatively frequently. Just curious if people who are finished moved quick, played a lot, or if I'm super slow.

One thing I have done is I try to do all marked missions before yellow. I'm sure that slowed me down to start but those would carry over so I may have front loaded my time.

And last note: Any good hunting tips? I really struggle finding perfect pelts, and really struggle to not knock a star off shooting them. Recently I realized dead-eyeing the animals for head shots help, but using my smithfield vs deer still seems to knock off a star even though it says "rifles" on the details.

I used the bow for almost all my pelts. Deadeye and headshots. Just have to switch between regular, small animal, and improved. Sneaking and time of day also matter.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Get the buck antler trinket after taking down the legendary buck. It gives you higher quality pelts. Also, study every animal at first with your binoculars so you can quickly figure out later on if you're looking at a one, two or three star animal.

I gave up on sneaking and being stealthy while hunting unless I'm hunting something tiny like a fox or a raccoon. I think that takes up more time then you really need since you can just chase down a lot of animals on horseback. If you're hunting mid-size animals like deer, elk or boar I just chase them on horseback and lasso them - that guarantees you a perfect pelt if it's a three star animal. Again, the only animal I've had a problem with is the panther. Got attacked by another one while on horseback way up north near where you meet the professor but it ended up being only a one star panther. I've never seen one other than when they try to attack on horseback.

As a side note - am I crazy for wishing they had put some other fast travel point up in the mid and western portions of the upper map? All you really have up there is Annesburg all the way at the eastern edge. It just seems like everytime I go up north for any reason I have a five minute horse ride back to civilization. I wish they had put a train station up there.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Also - another tip that may not be readily apparent when it comes to hunting is that you can kill the legendary animals any way you want. You don't have to worry about the weapon you use or where you hit them, all you have to do is bring them down. I shotgunned the legendary wolf after it walked up and attacked me from behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad