Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I recall something said about them wanting to improve the game for PC, but the cynical side of me says they were hoping for players to do the ol' double dip.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
After the original RDR this isn't surprising, but it is a bit odd.

It seems like a relatively easy way to generate more sales. Must be something behind the scenes.

Hard to say but what I think I can confidently claim is that RDR is nowhere near GTA in terms of popularity. I don't think RDR2 can reasonably expect to even come close to GTAV (it will still be very successful but I'd doubt it gets over 20 million copies sold) so maybe a PC version just doesn't make as much sense as starting work on GTAVI.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Hard to say but what I think I can confidently claim is that RDR is nowhere near GTA in terms of popularity. I don't think RDR2 can reasonably expect to even come close to GTAV (it will still be very successful but I'd doubt it gets over 20 million copies sold) so maybe a PC version just doesn't make as much sense as starting work on GTAVI.

Perhaps, although the port can be farmed out as well.

I'm guessing there's more to it than that, but I have no inside information. It always seems like a fairly easy way to boost sales, and more and more companies seem to be agreeing with my observation. :laugh:

...Not that 2K cares about sales much anymore, since they seem to make most of their money from the online microtransaction side of things.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Hard to say but what I think I can confidently claim is that RDR is nowhere near GTA in terms of popularity.

It would be a bit more popular if Rockstar had ported the previous games to the PC, as they've done with every GTA game. They have no one to blame but themselves and they're being extremely shortsighted, IMO. Even if a PC version of RDR had barely made them any money, it would've laid the foundation for a commercially successful PC version of RDR2. Similarly, even if it's hard to justify a PC version of RDR2 right now, it would lay the foundation for a successful PC version of RDR3 five years from now and RDR4 ten years from now, when the RDR franchise might be close to as big and successful as GTA is now. Rockstar is being very myopic, IMO.

We can quibble about the translation but at the end of the day R* said it wasn't coming to PC.

I wouldn't call it quibbling when it could mean two things as different as "at launch or any time soon" and "ever." It seems likely that the dev didn't mean the latter, so the article was in error. That said, even the correct translation doesn't shine any ray of hope on the prospects.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Gran Turismo Sport has had monthly updates since last October with a new track and several new cars/events each time and its current install is 95GB

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The fact you can go to a show and heckle the dancers is hilarious. I'm just gonna go around and be as much of an ass to random NPCs as humanly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad