Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
If I wanted to play a zombie game, I'd buy a zombie game.

Honestly I never bothered with Undead Nightmare. I didn't care about zombie stuff before I was actively annoyed by it.

This.

It literally screamed "I'm cash grab DLC that's been solely released to piggyback off of the current "f*** yeah zombies are great !!!" trend that's infected everything in entertainment at the time"

I played like 10 minutes of it once before I got bored and never touched it again.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Red dead Zombie DLC was amazing. I hope it comes back eventually. Literally flipped a switch on the genre of the game and it transitioned seamlessly.

I agree it was a fun add on the play and gave me a reason to play it again after it shuffled to the bottom of my pile

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If I wanted to play a zombie game, I'd buy a zombie game.

Honestly I never bothered with Undead Nightmare. I didn't care about zombie stuff before I was actively annoyed by it.
100% agreed.
This.

It literally screamed "I'm cash grab DLC that's been solely released to piggyback off of the current "**** yeah zombies are great !!!" trend that's infected everything in entertainment at the time"

I played like 10 minutes of it once before I got bored and never touched it again.
These posts effectively translate, with varying degrees of maturity, as "this critically untouchable game which I really liked got new content made by the same people but I'm going to mock it because of what it looks like"

Undead Nightmare is good in its own right, and especially so as a companion piece to the various themes explored in the original game. Depriving yourself of it out of some misplaced intellectual snobbery about zombies is stupid.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
These posts effectively translate, with varying degrees of maturity, as "this critically untouchable game which I really liked got new content made by the same people but I'm going to mock it because of what it looks like"

Undead Nightmare is good in its own right, and especially so as a companion piece to the various themes explored in the original game. Depriving yourself of it out of some misplaced intellectual snobbery about zombies is stupid.

I was going for "I don't like zombie games", personally. :laugh:

I wasn't upset by Undead Nightmare, just had no interest in it.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I'm surprised at the hate towards Undead Nightmare. It was far from a simple cash grab. It was well received by critics and the gaming community alike.

Admittedly, at first, I hated it, and just quit playing it. It was just this year where I gave it another chance, and once I played an extended amount of it, I really enjoyed it.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
RDR is brilliant on its own. I wasn't expecting anything beyond the main game, so I was never upset that I didn't get more...you just can't get me to care about zombies unless you work really hard to justify it (aka 'The Last of Us' exception).

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'll never understand collector's editions coming without the game. It's not really an "edition" then, is it? :laugh:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Yeah I'll never understand that either. One of the all-time dumbest things you can do for anything.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'll pass.

Kinda got tired of Rockstar after the ****show with GTA online. Why make actually good DLC when you can milk players who don't know better?

I admit, while never being a fan of the GTA series, I always respected Rockstar. GTA online has made me question that respect.

I fully expect to ignore RDR2's online aspect as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad