Real Madrid - Liverpool: CL Final 26th May

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't think Moreno is wrong. That defense absolutely sucks. And didn't they recently sell their best defender to Chelsea?

Good keeper and they got some good players going forward, but not much on the back-end.
I think Roma would do better in the PL than serie A in some ways. The partnership of Dzeko and Schick would be a nightmare for the bottom table. Big guys with good touch that can finish.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
On the topic of Robertson and some of the other Liverpool players, the impact of Klopp should be noted. That's not to take away from the players themselves who at the end of the day have to perform, but clearly Klopp has the team playing effectively as a unit and a lot of players are benefiting from that. Wijnaldum comes to mind for me. He was always a good player, but I think he looks a smarter player and definitely contributes more on the defensive end than he used to.

@Evilo at least when @les Habs accuses you of being a Madrid fan you can now point to this. So, it's not a big waste of time. LOL

You're not far off with all that Isco nonsense.

I think les Habs can accuse me of a lot of things, but Real fan he can't :D

Damn straight I can accuse you of a lot of things. :laugh: I have my hands full with calls for Sergio f***ing Ramos and Isco to be Barça players though. :help: Madridista? Meh. Your head has been well too far up Benzema's arse for a while and you clearly don't appreciate Umtiti like the French Madrid players which is a big mystery. Hopefully that's the general sentiment in France and Umtiti signs for life with Barça and becomes a Catalan NT player for the 2022 World Cup.

I hope Ronaldo spikes the winner in with his open hand and nothing is called.

This board will meltdown to the ground. We can destroy and rebuild it. It's needed.

I hope he does as well. In facted I posted along that line already in this thread. Not sure why think it would destroy the board though. The sensible folks would call it for what it is and the rest including Madridistas, closet Madridistas (are they really more pathetic?) and you United supporters would go apey about how Ronaldo should win Ballon d' Or, how clutch he is in Finals and how salty anyone else is for thinking otherwise.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Better left backs of the top of my head: Santos, Fachetti, Hughes, Krol, Tarantini, Breitner, Maldini, Zanetti, Brehme, De Boer, Carlos, Lizarazou, Lahm.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Robertson's progress has been incredible, but will I get skinned alive for saying that Robertson isn't the best left-back in the Premier League (yet)? Ben Davies has 2 + 6 and has created ten more chances than any other defender in the league.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Damn straight I can accuse you of a lot of things. :laugh: I have my hands full with calls for Sergio ****ing Ramos and Isco to be Barça players though. :help: Madridista? Meh. Your head has been well too far up Benzema's arse for a while and you clearly don't appreciate Umtiti like the French Madrid players which is a big mystery. Hopefully that's the general sentiment in France and Umtiti signs for life with Barça and becomes a Catalan NT player for the 2022 World Cup.
That's weird. I love Umtiti nad have said so. I just didn't think he'd develop that well when he was a Lyon player, that's the only negative I said about him. In fact I've asked him to start for the NT instead of Kos for years.
I don't like Benzema, it needs to be said. Simply because he acts like an ass on the only team I care for, the NT. He thinks everyone should play for him and I'm glad DD threw him out for good. However, on this board, he's always blamed for everything wrong at Real, which is ridiculous when you watch his pedigree, his stats and his actual utility on the field.
I like Varane. Always have. That at least is true.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Ashley Young was one of the best left backs in the PL this season and he’s a winger. Doesn’t say much for the state of left backs in the premier league.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lmfao

True, I mean it's not like LITN experienced this at least twice before lol.
I think Liverpool have been in more CL finals than everyone else in the PL combined

There isn't any CL final experience in the squad but Klopp has been there. Which is nice.

Liverpool are obviously the underdogs in the game though.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Yeah I mean like when the Liverpool team with Scott Carson at GK beat Juve. Those games on the way there get the team ready for battle.

Klopp's team will be composed and ready for war, hunting every ball down like it's the last one they'll get. It's all about player and team quality

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think Liverpool have been in more CL finals than everyone else in the PL combined

They're tied overall with current PL teams if you count the entire history of the competition, even when it wasn't remotely what it is now.

They have 8 (including this one), United 5, Chelsea 2, Arsenal 1.

If you count the modern style of competition they have 3 finals and 1 (maybe 2) wins. United have 3/4 finals and 1/2 wins depending on how you want to count 98/99. Chelsea 2 finals 1 win, Arsenal 1 final.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
That's weird. I love Umtiti nad have said so. I just didn't think he'd develop that well when he was a Lyon player, that's the only negative I said about him. In fact I've asked him to start for the NT instead of Kos for years.
I don't like Benzema, it needs to be said. Simply because he acts like an ass on the only team I care for, the NT. He thinks everyone should play for him and I'm glad DD threw him out for good. However, on this board, he's always blamed for everything wrong at Real, which is ridiculous when you watch his pedigree, his stats and his actual utility on the field.
I like Varane. Always have. That at least is true.

I just don't see you commenting on them as much. Granted Umtiti and Digne haven't been there very long and Dembele doesn't get enough minutes.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I love Dembele. Digne I still like. He can be pretty good sometimes. His speed and crossing are nice weapons.
With that said, something's missing from him.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Lmfao

Didn’t think I had to spell it out...

Liverpool players... let me rephrase that...

Most of the CURRENT Liverpool players don’t have CL final expirence and will $hit the bed. Madrid will steam roll them.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah they only have Europa League Final and international final experience. Wijnaldum played in WC semifinal of course. Of course those games don't matter at all. Your logic or lack thereof really sucks. Someone has to win their first CL somewhere and "experience" is illogical. All the logics here would have Liverpool blown apart by City. Or lose to Dortmund and United that one year. So much for that. I'll never forget the stuff people were saying in Dortmund's favor there.

How experienced was that Liverpool team compared to Milan with Sheva, Maldini, Pirlo, Dida, Cafu, Seedorf, Crespo. That Liverpool team was less experienced than this one!

That experience shit is nothing but absolute trash. One of the most experienced teams ever gave away a three goal lead in the final. In another one a Portugal team with no experience and a garbage striker wins the EC without Ronaldo. Wales in the SF being another huge recent one. That blew that argument away for good for me.

All comes down to how teams will play against each other, not experience. You could probably put together a team of players who never played in this final that would beat both these teams. Going to have to try it when I get home.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad