Real Madrid - Liverpool: CL Final 26th May

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It will impact the ballon dor race but not definitively on the line as an impactful World Cup for any of the big 3 contenders would also weigh heavily.

Reactions: KJS14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ronaldo targeting the Trent and Lovren side coould be scary
I'm sure Marcelo isn't looking forward to a date with Salah either. If Carvajal isn't 100%, then Mane could have fun too.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Better names for sure.
Better players too.

GK: Navas or Karius
LB: Marcelo or Robertson
CB: Ramos and Varane or van Dijk and Lovren
RB: Carvajal (injured and don't know their replacement) or Alexander-Arnold/Clyne
CDM: Casemiro or Henderson
CM: Kroos and Modric or Milner and Wjnaldum

I mean only position I'd give Liverpool are GK (possibly) and DM is kind of a wash. Also possibly RB cause I don't know who will replace Carvajal. Honestly the way I see Liverpool winning this is if their D is great and doesn't allow a goal and then the front three get a goal off a break. The thing is RM's players are used to playing under pressure. While Liverpool is one of the best teams at this, RM can still break it and go back the other way. With players like Asenio, Ronaldo, Benzema, and Bale coming at Liverpool all game, I question how long Liverpool can really keep them out.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That's why he said better names. Liverpool's players have been outperforming their counterparts throughout this competition and in big games for the last two seasons. Their players are underrated, especially because the system plays to their strengths which in turn elevates their collective play.

That's part of why Liverpool are here now and not City.

Also I would put up Robertson against any LB based on his play this season. He's been up there with Firmino and Salah as one of our most consistent top performers.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That's why he said better names. Liverpool's players have been outperforming their counterparts throughout this competition and in big games for the last two seasons. Their players are underrated, especially because the system plays to their strengths which in turn elevates their collective play.

That's part of why Liverpool are here now and not City.

Also I would put up Robertson against any LB based on his play this season. He's been up there with Firmino and Salah as one of our most consistent top performers.
Marcelo is still the best LB in the game. And I agree that Liverpool have been better collectively offensively. The problem is and always has been defensively. Don’t get me wrong VVD coming in has been huge but it will be interesting to see what happens. If this were a two legged tie, I would say RM would win and I would be very confident in that. With it being a one and done, anything can happen

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Real have the better squad for sure. It's going to take a herculean effort by the Liverpool midfield to overcome that deficit, but then, they've showed they're capable of such an effort in the first games against Man City and Roma. I agree that if this was a two legged tie, Real would likely succeed (as would Bayern), but in the finals one-game heroics can make the difference.

Reactions: Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But City's defense is pretty meh. Madrid's is on another level than City's.
Man City's entire midfield shoukd have been in TOTY and quite frankly has been better than Madrid's midfield this season.

Madrid are the favorites but they are not as good as they were last year.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Man City's entire midfield shoukd have been in TOTY and quite frankly has been better than Madrid's midfield this season.

Madrid are the favorites but they are not as good as they were last year.

I know they were, but cmon. Every player on the starting backline for Madrid is better than City's.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ribery got an insurmountable amount of space. Salah will tear them to shreds. 5-2 Liverpool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad