Pre-Game Talk: RD1 GM3 - Jets vs Wild - Sun Apr 15 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

J999

Oct 5, 2017
Looks like they are diverting to Duluth, Minnesota and will have to drive the remainder to Minneapolis.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
This is what i was worried about. Weve got all the momentum now this weather crap. Now your looking at possibly flying in the same day as playing which is far from ideal. Big time jet lag flying 2 days in a row.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
This is what i was worried about. Weve got all the momentum now this weather crap. Now your looking at possibly flying in the same day as playing which is far from ideal. Big time jet lag.
No time change tho and 50 min flight. May be similar then driving to a morning skate.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
They tried to miss the storm by leaving 2 hours earlier then scheduled but were delayed by 40 minutes, hindsight maybe should of left earlier in the morning.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This is what i was worried about. Weve got all the momentum now this weather crap. Now your looking at possibly flying in the same day as playing which is far from ideal. Big time jet lag flying 2 days in a row.

I don't think jet lag will be much of an issue. Used to fly a lot and it really only takes a toll when you make long distant flights over multiple time zones. This is basically a jump from one pond to another in terms of long distance flights.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Yeah this kinda sucks, would have been much wiser to jump on a plane after the game just to be safe. The severity of the storm has been known for a while.

Reactions: Gm0ney and sipowicz

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I don't think jet lag will be much of an issue. Used to fly a lot and it really only takes a toll when you make long distant flights over multiple time zones. This is basically a jump from one pond to another in terms of long distance flights.

At least it's not an afternoon game, if they leave early in the morning should be no problem at all.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Yep - I've had longer drives to work when traffic is bad in Toronto. :D Jet lag is only an issue (at least for me) when crossing time zones.

It's not ideal, but it'll be fine, IMO.

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Would they maybe try to catch a flight tonight from Duluth? Or is it easier to just leave in the morning?
I’d rather them wake up in the city they are playing in personally.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yep - I've had longer drives to work when traffic is bad in Toronto. :D Jet lag is only an issue (at least for me) when crossing time zones.

It's not ideal, but it'll be fine, IMO.

Yeah it's really not that big of a deal. Unless all our guys have extremely weak stomachs during flying. Which i'm guessing they are much stronger physically than me and I can handle flights pretty much anywhere. NA to Europe is a tough one. They'll be feeling it much more when they head to Finland next year then a quick jump flight to Minny.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Would they maybe try to catch a flight tonight from Duluth? Or is it easier to just leave in the morning?
I’d rather them wake up in the city they are playing in personally.

They can leave anytime they are cleared to, their plane isn't leaving without them

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Minneapolis airport is hoping to re open at 7 pm need one of these for my driveway

DasaQPjWkAANJ-n.jpg

Reactions: QuietContrarian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad