Pre-Game Talk: RD1 GM3 - Jets vs Wild - Sun Apr 15 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Still a flight leaving Winnipeg a little after 1 today, 5:30 flight has been cancelled, flights departing tomorrow are still ok so far, good luck and stay safe to all the highway warriors.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Man they better get in there soon. It sounds like the weather is going to get very nasty. I swear if it gets postponed ill lose my ****. We need to carry this momentum into sunday and stomp it to them.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Man they better get in there soon. It sounds like the weather is going to get very nasty. I swear if it gets postponed ill lose my ****. We need to carry this momentum into sunday and stomp it to them.

It's Minnesota, they are tough. Like us, it would take the next ice age to cancel or postpone anything. Out east on the other hand....

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
More worried the Jets flight gets cancelled today and they cant get in there on time for tomorrow

The Jets charter. They don't fly commercial. The flight won't be cancelled. MSP airport is not closed.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
It's Minnesota, they are tough. Like us, it would take the next ice age to cancel or postpone anything. Out east on the other hand....
but but but :laugh:

Toronto-Raptors-We-The-North-Black-Basketball.jpg

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Last nights game got me even more pumped!

That was some beautiful hockey from our boys, said it last night and I will say it again, best game I have seen in a very long time.

Play ESL more, Minny is having a real hard time getting out of their own zone when we ice ESL.

And just once, I would love to see KC and Ehlers on the same line ES.

And can I just say, I f***ing love JoMo!

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
First off, hopefully all parties involved with travelling to Minneapolis stay safe.

Secondly, the game. The challenge for the Jets is to get accustomed to the changing match-ups they will have to face. I reckon we will see Koivu's line going up against Scheifele's and Staal's clashing with the Stastny line. On paper, that looks like the best option for the Wild; Koivu and Granlund play a very solid two-way game, whereas Staal and co. could potentially feast on the defensively weaker line of 29-25-27. Luckily, our bottom six is much more than theirs can handle.

I don't want us to change all too much. We have been able to overwhelm the Wild all around the ice; why change anything now? It's Minnesota with the pressure to get something going, hence why I expect to see a line change happening before game 3. Moreover, what is especially encouraging is the fact that Dubnyk's great performances have amounted to jack shit. If he has anything close to an off-game... they are done.

Also, don't get complacent. Better to get this over and done with sooner rather than later to ensure as much rest days as possible.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
This next game is the big test, we will absolutely get the best version of the Wild team on home ice so if we can domesticate them in their own building they are all but done.

I can see this game going to overtime and anything happen from there, it would be nice to put the clamps on them tomorrow!

2-1 Jets in OT, ehlers game winner

Reactions: PerryPooley

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Planning on waiting out the weather. Supposed to let up tonight. We are leaving EARLY tomorrow. We should make it 70% of the way before we hit where the storm was. And one thing about Merica is they know how to keep their roads clear. Fingers crossed. Go Jets Go!

Drove down a couple years ago through a blizzard to see a concert in a Sunfire. Made it but it was pretty precarious. Saw a flipped truck and tons of vehicles in the ditch on the way. Be careful.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Wild can play that war of attrition style of hockey where 1 goal can decide the game. I'm curious to see if BB puts Staal's line out against the Stats line to feast on their defensive deficiencies. That leaves Scheif line up against Koivu's line. Which is likely a better matchup for the Wild. Little's and Lowry's lines will still have great matchups potentially even better if BB decides to key in on Staal vs. Stats and Koivu vs. Scheif.
We really need Trouba and Myers to step up their decision making. They have played adequate so far but not to the full extent of their capabilities. I think Myers is more comfortable when he has Kuli out there with him. Trouba just needs to think a little bit better. He's forcing some unnecessary risky plays when better options are open. We don't need to try and force pucks into coverage. We have plenty of guys who are capable puck movers both on our D and in our forward core that he should just keep moving the puck until there is an opening. Sometimes I see he opts for a play into pressure rather than swinging back to MoJo. If he all the sudden starts visualizing more our breakout is going to be very lethal. Myers still needs to find a comfort level in the Dzone. We all know he is capable, as we've seen it.

Also if our PP1 can start gaining the zone and setting up better we stand a really good chance of breaking the Wild on our PP alone. Having that 1/2 combo of Scheif and Laine with Stats down low is so potent but they need to be set up in order for it to work and they've had issues doing for the past 2 games.

Reactions: Jets2point0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad