Next celly I want to see:
FamiliarSpottedGordonsetter-size_restricted.gif
I was at this one and was screaming

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well now we have a excuse if we don't play well , just like The Wild would be kicking our butts if they had Suter in their lineup . :laugh:

Reactions: 10Ducky10

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
They couldn’t land. Had to turn around. Now need to fly on a game day.
Which is really bull shit in my opinion.

They need to postpone the game play Monday Wednesday Friday instead of Sunday Tuesday Friday.

This isn’t game 22 of the regular season. It’s the bloody playoffs ffs

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Another poster in another thread stated quite a few inaccuracies about how the Jets travel.

The flights the Jets use don't use a gate at MSP. They use a general aviation ramp where buses and luggage trucks can pull right up to the plane for swift deplaning. They don't need to wait for a gate there.

Flights are never prevented from landing at an alternate airport. Safety is always number one priority . Not sure where he got that one from.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
They couldn’t land. Had to turn around. Now need to fly on a game day.
Which is really bull **** in my opinion.

They need to postpone the game play Monday Wednesday Friday instead of Sunday Tuesday Friday.

This isn’t game 22 of the regular season. It’s the bloody playoffs ffs

It will be Monday Tuesday if postponed IMO

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
You can land at an alternate for sure but I'm pretty sure that the transborder rules would prevent the Jets from deplaning in Duluth (except for emergency). They would either have to carry on to MSP where their flight plan indicated or return to YWG.

Reactions: allan5oh

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Talked with a friend of mine who is a pilot.

The Jets may not have been able to leave last night because their charter aircraft may not have been available.

Charter aircraft are used by multiple customers.

With all the bad weather, most of the hotels would be filled and it is unlikely the Jets could find one with enough empty rooms.

It sucks, but, we can deal with it.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Probably advantageous for the Jets given the Wild are relying heavily on a few players.

I was looking at the icetime from game 2, they rolled 4 lines more than I was expecting. They do overplay their top 3 D, but so do we so that's a wash.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think at this point it's best if the game is postponed. As much as I want to see a Jets game tomorrow, there is no point rushing the players around in suboptimal conditions.

The Jets should have asked the Wild if they can hitch a ride on their plane if their charter was not available. It would have been awkward but who cares.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You can land at an alternate for sure but I'm pretty sure that the transborder rules would prevent the Jets from deplaning in Duluth (except for emergency). They would either have to carry on to MSP where their flight plan indicated or return to YWG.

Actually there is nothing preventing it. They had already cleared customs in Winnipeg. Even if they hadn't there is customs service at Duluth.

Air Canada would try to discourage them though because they don't have a base there and everything needed to accomplish that air stairs baggage handling parking etc....would cost the airline money.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think at this point it's best if the game is postponed. As much as I want to see a Jets game tomorrow, there is no point rushing the players around in suboptimal conditions.

The Jets should have asked the Wild if they can hitch a ride on their plane if their charter was not available. It would have been awkward but who cares.

Seat Tanev next to Winnik, and Seeler next to Chiarot? :laugh: ;)

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

You can’t be serious..

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The Mild can get a bee in their bonnet about chirping between benches and tensions late in the game. That is all irrelevant and does not impact what has happened or will happen in this series.

They were grasping at lack of experience, no playoff wins, and being the underdog before the series.

That did not work, so now it is on to "back on home ice", fired up at the end of the game, been down in 2-0 in 5/6 years (apparently a point of pride", yadda yadda.

The Wild need all these external hopes for a tangible impact on the game. The Jets just need to keep playing the exact same way and not rely on wish and hope.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Fun fact.....when the ice caps played Texas in the Calder Cup, the teams actually shared a charter between cities to save money. Must have been a bit awkward no?

Also they will only postpone the game if they really have to. So far that is not the case.

Last edited:

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

Wild fly in a small plane....friend sent me a pick of their plane at the airport...I was surprised it was so small TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad