Pre-Game Talk: RD1 GM3 - Jets vs Wild - Sun Apr 15 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Do you just make things up? Lots of ice.

Fishing Reports - Outdoornews

Read through it. Conditions have improved since last week.

"Shoreline conditions have improved from a week ago, locking back up, and allowing people to get out."

I've got some fishermen in the family & one of my best friends is a master angler. Came up over dinner last week that the season was over.

I'd have assumed conditions would be even warmer south of us on smaller lakes.

For the record I'm not of a fisherman & have never ice fished. Once a year I'll take a stab at it during the summer in the Whiteshell in the Clearwater Bay area, mostly on Granite Lake. Over the past decade I've reeled in two bass which I've released & a single pickerel which we had for dinner.

If I'm with family, the men all take a separate boat & leave me with the girls as I have a penchant for snagging lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gotaf7

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lets go coach Maurice and Huddy.

Its your time to shine in game 3.
You have the hoarses make sure you don't get out think by Boudrea.
Jets need to bury the Wilds here.
3 zip is waaàaaay beter than 2-1.

GO JETS GO.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Looks like they've decided to spend the night in Winnipeg

IMG_0946.jpg

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think the game might get canceled. Read on twitter that the runways are not going to be open till 9pm local time at the earliest and there is likely a huge backlog of planes waiting considering the airport has been closed all day and how busy the MSP airport is.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Well that was a wasted travel day. Now what, early morning flight?

They could adopt a training camp schedule and have a game day morning skate at the iceplex before travelling and heading right to the afternoon nap time.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Even though it's a short flight I wonder if flying in on game day gives the Wild an edge.

With it being such a short flight, I'm surprised they left in the first place without being assured they could land.

It's only an hour in the air to Minneapolis. The storm must have really picked up. Anyone know when the last flight in landed before the airport closed?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
With it being such a short flight, I'm surprised they left in the first place without being assured they could land.

It's only an hour in the air to Minneapolis. The storm must have really picked up. Anyone know when the last flight in landed before the airport closed?

Flights were still arriving when they left. Conditions changed enroute.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
They made the right call coming back from Duluth but in hindsight they should of left much earlier in the morning since they had information of the upcoming storm. Lets see what time they actually get to Minneapolis tomorrow and what shape St. Pauls is in to host a game.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Pretty sure you cannot change plans mid flight due to customs. They would have had to carry on to MSP or return to YWG.

They actually landed in Duluth. When the Jets leave for a US destination they use the terminal and clear US customs at YWG airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad