RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I would add Drummondville to the list of teams that could be interested. They have a good team with Veleno up front and Rodrigue in goal. They just crushed both Moncton and Halifax this weekend on the road. Now they are getting Comtois back from Anaheim.

They could easily be a top contender if they added Dobson to the blueline.

Beaudin and Dobson would be deadly !

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Do they have any picks left to trade lol? If I remember correctly they gave 5 first round picks just for Veleno...
The Saint John Sea Dogs have traded centre Joe Veleno to the Drummondville Voltigeurs.
In exchange, the Sea Dogs receive a 2018 first-round pick (previously acquired from the Gatineau Olympiques), a 2019 first-round pick (previously acquired from the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada), a 2020 first-round pick, a 2018 second-round pick (previously acquired from the Quebec Remparts) and a 2020 second-round pick in the QMJHL Draft.

I would assume they would have their own picks no?

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
The Saint John Sea Dogs have traded centre Joe Veleno to the Drummondville Voltigeurs.
In exchange, the Sea Dogs receive a 2018 first-round pick (previously acquired from the Gatineau Olympiques), a 2019 first-round pick (previously acquired from the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada), a 2020 first-round pick, a 2018 second-round pick (previously acquired from the Quebec Remparts) and a 2020 second-round pick in the QMJHL Draft.

I would assume they would have their own picks no?
Ah yes, thank you.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
E8E0BFFE-4D3B-4DB1-8FCB-AFABBCBAF690.jpeg
Do they have any picks left to trade lol? If I remember correctly they gave 5 first round picks just for Veleno...
They gave up a lot of very good picks for Comtois as well. They’re fortunate to get him back. Lol

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Yes, fair, he was developed by them but never played a top pair role for them. He did develop a lot in Ottawa, though, and even in Boston. I think each move was necessary for him to become the player he ended up as but who knows.
Not that it's relevant to Noah Dobson, but Chara most certainly did play a top pair role for the Islanders in his last 2 seasons there.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Looked really good out there tonight, scored a blast, made some very intelligent plays with the puck for the most part. He looks to have grown a bit since last Season he looks huge out there.

There was one point where he made a move on the blue line and put his team-mates offside, which resulted in him slamming his stick on the ice and throwing a bit of a temper tantrum staring down his own team. Bit of a temper tantrum, but doesn't seem like he's too happy playing where he is right now.

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Looked really good out there tonight, scored a blast, made some very intelligent plays with the puck for the most part. He looks to have grown a bit since last Season he looks huge out there.

There was one point where he made a move on the blue line and put his team-mates offside, which resulted in him slamming his stick on the ice and throwing a bit of a temper tantrum staring down his own team. Bit of a temper tantrum, but doesn't seem like he's too happy playing where he is right now.
Can you blame him?

Reactions: TimeZone

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dobson’s +/- hasn’t been indicative of his play this year. He’s been the lone bright spot for the Titan. I’m not worried about him innthe least. Can’t wait to see him in the WJC anchoring TC on the backend.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The the Islander excuse train has circled the tracks like 100 times for Wahlstrom, but hasn't even done a lap for Dobson despite the fact that it would actually be valid here.

It's gotta suck when you go from winning the memorial cup to playing for the tire fire that the Titan are.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
The the Islander excuse train has circled the tracks like 100 times for Wahlstrom, but hasn't even done a lap for Dobson despite the fact that it would actually be valid here.

It's gotta suck when you go from winning the memorial cup to playing for the tire fire that the Titan are.

Anybody who follows Junior Hockey knows not to worry about Dobson.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Dobson’s +/- hasn’t been indicative of his play this year. He’s been the lone bright spot for the Titan. I’m not worried about him innthe least. Can’t wait to see him in the WJC anchoring TC on the backend.
Team Canada definitely have a strong group of D, and I agree that it hasn't been indicative of his play this year.

Reactions: SI90

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If they are putting him with Ty Smith, I wouldn't expect that to be the top pair. It is highly unlikely Hockey Canada is going to give primary minutes to an all 18-year-old pair. It is just how they tend to operate. It should also be kept in mind that Brook's coach is the head coach, and that could lead to him being heavily relied upon.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

I’d be pissed too lmao. Leading his team in goals and points with 9 goals and 17 points in 26 games. That’s an incredibly awful team

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

You simply don’t know what you’re talking about. Nothing to worry about with Dobson at all. You’re only here bc you’re insecure that other people think your team made a shitty pick.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Stop making Ranger fans look bad
Dobson is a stud and I had him at 4. Nothing has changed my mind about having him there

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Stop making Ranger fans look bad
Dobson is a stud and I had him at 4. Nothing has changed my mind about having him there

Read it again.

I loved Dobson and still do. I’m saying that if there are excuses to be made for a player, he has them.

Their other first rounder? Not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad