RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Read it again.

I loved Dobson and still do. I’m saying that if there are excuses to be made for a player, he has them.

Their other first rounder? Not so much.
Makes sense, I thought you were giving Dobson shit like you were in the Wahlstrom thread.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Has there been any more chatter about his trade status? I don't know the exact date, but when is the trade to Chicoutimi official? Since he'll be away for WJC camp and tourney, he'll probably be playing his final game for the Titan very soon.

Reactions: SI90

NSHockeyfanCH

Dec 28, 2017
Nope, second worst team in the Q. They're bad, but they aren't quite Flint or Seadogs bad. (They're scary bad)
They have the same amount of points as the seadogs and have less goals, they're pretty close to seadog bad if they aren't already there

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
They have the same amount of points as the seadogs and have less goals, they're pretty close to seadog bad if they aren't already there

Well that's if you're merely looking at records. They're both pretty horrendous, but the Titan have played the Seadogs three times already this Season. They outscored them a combined 21-3 in those games.

If Saint John went winless the rest of the Season it wouldn't even shock me.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
The Titan are a well structured team with a few players left from last years championship team. They skate well forecheck well and are good in their own end. Seadogs have no structure yet. Most are still small and weaker than the opposition because of the age gaps. Bad powerplay. Bad penalty kill. Watched both games this weekend the Seadogs will be contenders in two years. With good drafting the Titan will be in three. As for Dobson he looked fantastic. Great skater and a laser of a shot. Smart! Without a doubt the best player on the ice last night. He'll see NHL action next year. I think the Isles will make a spot.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Can someone translate these tweets from french to english?

Thanks
EXCLUSIVE The most coveted player of the trading period in the # LHJMQ defenseman Noah Dobson will line up for the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies on his return from the World Junior Hockey Championship. Dobson will join his former head coach Mario Pouliot 1/2

This barter involves players and especially draft picks will be confirmed by the Titan and the Huskies on January 6, 2019 the day after the World Championship. The Huskies already have the best record in the # QMJHL with 28-6-1 they are also the first defense. # Trade

If you open the tweet in chrome, right click it, you can translate to english

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So are they the favorite to win the Q title now? Doesn't seem like there is a corresponding move for the other teams to be able to match this one.

Dobson will likely get a crack to win a 2nd straight Memorial Cup, that's pretty cool for him.

Be really cool if can get a gold in the WJC sandwiched in between two mem cups.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
So are they the favorite to win the Q title now? Doesn't seem like there is a corresponding move for the other teams to be able to match this one.

Dobson will likely get a crack to win a 2nd straight Memorial Cup, that's pretty cool for him.

The next big trade on defense will probably involve P-O Joseph.

Among forwards, Phillip Kurashev, Joel Teasdale and Shawn Boudrias are available players who could make an impact on their new team.

However, Dobson was the main target. Halifax and Moncton were said to be active on acquiring Dobson. Drummondville and Rimouski were interested at one point but backed out due to the steep price.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
EXCLUSIVE The most coveted player of the trading period in the # LHJMQ defenseman Noah Dobson will line up for the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies on his return from the World Junior Hockey Championship. Dobson will join his former head coach Mario Pouliot 1/2

This barter involves players and especially draft picks will be confirmed by the Titan and the Huskies on January 6, 2019 the day after the World Championship. The Huskies already have the best record in the # QMJHL with 28-6-1 they are also the first defense. # Trade

If you open the tweet in chrome, right click it, you can translate to english

Merci!

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I still find it pretty amazing this guy did not go in the top 10.. Sens took Brady Tkachuk at 4 which is great , I liked the pick then and now, but I would not have been upset with Dobson at 4OA.

Dobson was my prospect crush, I didn't think we had any chance at getting him at #11 or #12. It killed me that we missed out on Pietrangelo back in 2008, I've wanted a big time RD ever since and I think the Isles got a good one.

With Wilde playing well in the OHL and Pulock being groomed as the top RD by Trotz, it's going to be an interesting battle for Boychuk's spot in a couple of years. Scott Mayfield has also upped his game so it's a bit crowded on the right side. Obviously Dobson is looked upon as the favorite to be Boychuk's heir apparent.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I still find it pretty amazing this guy did not go in the top 10.. Sens took Brady Tkachuk at 4 which is great , I liked the pick then and now, but I would not have been upset with Dobson at 4OA.

I still would have preferred the Sens got Hughes or Boqvist, but I was very wrong about Tkachuk and Wahlstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad