RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
One of my personal favorites, i think he'll be a big darkhorse in next years draft. 2 way dman who played solid minutes in his rookie season, didn't look out of place one bit.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=275797

ab_53_dobson,_noah.jpg

Reactions: Riseonfire

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
watched him yesterday and he was really good. Controlled the play in every zone and is off to great start. I don't see a huge upside in him but solid bet to be a future 2nd pairing guy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Liked him at the Hlinka, doesn't seem to have massive upside but a reliable #4-5 D maybe.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My read was similar watching him at the Hlinka. Think he could be a pretty high floor 2nd pairing guy. Good play driving instincts, size, skating. Not sure how much upside he has beyond that, but I did like him quite a bit. But he also got a pretty defensive role at the Hlinka, and maybe he has more to offer offensively.......don't know yet. Certainly didn't strike me as a dynamic type with the puck, more an efficiency guy.

With how crazed teams are to find all-around top 4 RHD, maybe not outlandish at this stage to think he could rise into the late 1st as the season progresses.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What's keeping this player from being ranked higher?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
His lack of offensive flair compared to the other higher ranked defensemen this year. He’s more of a safe bet to be a 2nd/3rd pairing guy.

Lack of offensive flair but he's pretty much a PPG... with 2x as many pts as McIsaac... hmmmm.

Reactions: 99664987

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Lack of offensive flair but he's pretty much a PPG... with 2x as many pts as McIsaac... hmmmm.
Just because he’s putting up points doesn’t mean he has offensive flair. When I say that I mean in comparison to guys like Boqvist, Merkley, Wilde and Hughes at the top end of the draft. McIssac is very very solid defensively, where he makes up for it.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Just because he’s putting up points doesn’t mean he has offensive flair. When I say that I mean in comparison to guys like Boqvist, Merkley, Wilde and Hughes at the top end of the draft. McIssac is very very solid defensively, where he makes up for it.
I really like Dobson and think that people mistake his smart IQ game for lack of offensive flair...the guy makes great decisions, take good shots, makes the right play all the time, works the puck around well and knows how to get people moving and make a quick pass to take advantage of that...just because he does not rush up the ice like Hughes, Merkley and Boqvist does not mean his offensive game suffers...I think Dobson goes first round and his offensive game IMO though not flashy is very good.

McIsaac is tough and great defensively while being a good puck rusher and smart in the offensive zone. I love McIsaac too and his strong play in all three zones IMO makes him the most complete defender in the draft.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I really like Dobson and think that people mistake his smart IQ game for lack of offensive flair...the guy makes great decisions, take good shots, makes the right play all the time, works the puck around well and knows how to get people moving and make a quick pass to take advantage of that...just because he does not rush up the ice like Hughes, Merkley and Boqvist does not mean his offensive game suffers...I think Dobson goes first round and his offensive game IMO though not flashy is very good.

McIsaac is tough and great defensively while being a good puck rusher and smart in the offensive zone. I love McIsaac too and his strong play in all three zones IMO makes him the most complete defender in the draft.
Never had anything against Dobson, just answered the question of why he isn’t as highly regarded.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Never had anything against Dobson, just answered the question of why he isn’t as highly regarded.

oh I know you were...I was really giving my bit on Dobson even though I used yours as a reply..........if he does not go 1st round I think scouts will be kicking themselves years down the line. He is in Bathurst and I hate their development program with the kids (I never found they do a good job getting a kid to his full potential there).

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Dobson is so underrated it's not even funny, he's playing like 25+ minutes a night and completely dominating. Looks so mature out there.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's finally getting a bit of recognition, ranked #16 on SN's list.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings-november/

Particularly this paragraph:

Last year we saw defenceman Miro Heiskanen rise all season long and up getting picked third by Dallas and many scouts wonder if Noah Dobson of Acadie-Bathurst could play that role in this year’s draft. Just about every scout I talk to who views Dobson gushes about his potential.

Reactions: 99664987

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
How does he compare to Cal Foote from last year? This Dobson sounds similar, but I thought the same thing about McIsaac so I might just be projecting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->