RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
2G, 1A yesterday. All the elite snipers, whether forward or defense, have a very similar motion on their wrist shot. One of his goals was a wrist shot snipe. The assist was a very nice back-door pass to Bouchard on the PP. Now up to 17 points in 17 games.
Watched this game and there was no wrist-shot snipe goal by Boqvist -- not that it isn't something in his repertoire. The first goal was a flip towards the net that bounced off the goalie and a defender into the net (so a bit of a fluke). The second was quite a nice slapshot one-timer on the powerplay. The assist was as described -- a beautiful back-door pass through traffic. He has very good vision.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watched this game and there was no wrist-shot snipe goal by Boqvist -- not that it isn't something in his repertoire. The first goal was a flip towards the net that bounced off the goalie and a defender into the net (so a bit of a fluke). The second was quite a nice slapshot one-timer on the powerplay. The assist was as described -- a beautiful back-door pass through traffic. He has very good vision.

Was it? I’ll defer to you on this, if you remember better. I could’ve been thinking about a different play.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
19 points in 18 games and +10. 5 goals last 4 games. It would seem that he's starting to find his game over in North America. His 2 goals against Owen Sound looked really nice.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Him and Bouchard are fun to watch together on the top pairing in London. Both will be relied on heavily for Canada and Sweden at the WJC.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
19 points in 18 games and +10. 5 goals last 4 games. It would seem that he's starting to find his game over in North America. His 2 goals against Owen Sound looked really nice.

It’s 19 points in 19 games. Not bad but not lighting it up like some people thought he would in his draft plus one year.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It’s 19 points in 19 games. Not bad but not lighting it up like some people thought he would in his draft plus one year.

He is right where many thought he would be as a ppg player.

He is basically a year younger than most of his draft class. I think Bouchard is 10 or 11 months older.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com

He is basically a year younger than most of his draft class. I think Bouchard is 10 or 11 months older.
It's like 9 months and 3, 3.5 weeks.

He's right where I expected him to be for his draft+1. I think the only surprised people are those who genuinely believed he should have gone top 5, like a guy I remember saying he'd easily be PPG in his draft year had he played in the CHL, and now that appears to be a difficult position to take unless you believe he didn't improve at all, perhaps even regressed slightly, between last year and this year.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
It's like 9 months and 3, 3.5 weeks.

He's right where I expected him to be for his draft+1. I think the only surprised people are those who genuinely believed he should have gone top 5, like a guy I remember saying he'd easily be PPG in his draft year had he played in the CHL, and now that appears to be a difficult position to take unless you believe he didn't improve at all, perhaps even regressed slightly, between last year and this year.
I think it's much more likely that playing in a different league,team and country have taken a while to get used to.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

It’s 9 months and change, as mentioned above. Bouchard is not really someone you want to compare him against because Bouchard last year had a much better year in London than what Boqvist has shown so far.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It’s 9 weeks and change, as mentioned above. Bouchard is not really someone you want to compare him against because Bouchard last year had a much better year in London than what Boqvist has shown so far.

Months are different than weeks.

It is 9 months and change.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Ugh, I love people who knows what they're talking about....

Seeing as how I watch the Knights regularly since Halloween, pretty sure I’ve seen a lot more of Boqvist’s season than some guy living in Sweden. And it absolutely hasn’t been on the same level Bouchard showed last year on the same team.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Seeing as how I watch the Knights regularly since Halloween, pretty sure I’ve seen a lot more of Boqvist’s season than some guy living in Sweden. And it absolutely hasn’t been on the same level Bouchard showed last year on the same team.

Bouchard is a N.A. guy who grew up playing on N.A. ice so that is a huge difference than Boqvist coming to a new country and learning how to hone his game on the smaller ice surface, as a kid just past his 18th birthday. As a Hawks fan, I'm not concerned about his offense because he's gifted enough where that will be fine - I'm concerned about (1) his concussion history, and (2) his defensive game. With his offense, he doesn't have to be great defensively, but he can't be terrible or he won't reach his potential in the NHL.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

For what it's worth, that poster was also saying Pettersson won't be good in the NHL either.

Reactions: Kalleteodor

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Well, you’ve already mistalen 9 months for 9 weeks, so i dunno

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Bouchard is a N.A. guy who grew up playing on N.A. ice so that is a huge difference than Boqvist coming to a new country and learning how to hone his game on the smaller ice surface, as a kid just past his 18th birthday. As a Hawks fan, I'm not concerned about his offense because he's gifted enough where that will be fine - I'm concerned about (1) his concussion history, and (2) his defensive game. With his offense, he doesn't have to be great defensively, but he can't be terrible or he won't reach his potential in the NHL.

Sure, and I don’t disagree. I’m not the one who made the Bouchard v Boqvist comparison, just responding to it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

He has started slower for sure (I purchased the OHL pass for London this year) but he has looked really good of late and that has been on par with Bouchard last year. He needs to maintain or build on that but you can see the obvious skillset he has.

FYI I was just busting balls on the typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad