Pre-Game Talk: Rd 2 Game 3 - Preds vs Jets - Tue May 1, 7:00pm CT (series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I agree he does ask good questions. I just don't think he should ask questions about how they lost the next day. The team is young and is moving forward. The best players in any sport are the ones who can forget about the past game and learn from it but at the same time move forward.
You serious? You think nobody wants to know those things? Bizarre

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Really?
Sounds like too me he wants Maurice to throw the player(s) under the bus. We all saw the play ... it was a series of unfortunate events that lead to a OT lost. Let it go ... the game is OVER.
Players and coaches want to move forward but reporters don't ... they need to sell a story.
I think people like to hear the coach talk about breakdowns and why they occurred. I didn't get the impression at all he was trying to get Maurice to throw someone under the bus. He didn't push the issue after Maurice answered, at one point I heard him say, "fair enough".

He did a good job interpreting what Maurice really said though.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Murat has probably asked more poignant, relevant, and direct questions in his little time covering the Jets than all other local scribes combined in 7 years.

(Ok, that maybe stretching it a bit, but he seems to ask the "smart" hockey questions, and not the same dribble like most reporters)
Our local writers are hockey morons, let's just call a spade a spade.

Reactions: Huffer and Saidin

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Couldn't agree more.

Remember the epic encounter after one of Lawless' long winded monologues when Maurice retorted "is there a question in there?"
Except Murat actually asked a question (that made sense), and was pretty concise with it.

Maurice didn't seemed put off by the question in the slightest.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Stating the obvious, but we need at least a split in our home games. I liked how our play improved from game 1 to game 2 and would like to see this pattern continue. Perreault returning would be a plus, but we can't use that as an excuse, as most of our key players are more or less healthy.
Perrault returning is a must already. Hendricks is so out of his league playing at this level.

Reactions: GNP

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I just want Enstrom in the box next game, or just maybe moved to the 4th line. Morrow should be in place of him.

Couldn’t agree more. Enström is way over his head atm. But then again, he’ll get injured any time now so no point in demoting him ,)

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I would do this as well. Roslo hasn't done anything since his first game against Minny and is having problems against the boards in the D zone.
Has anyone noticed the problems Jets are having along the boards period. In the defensive zone, Hash players are stepping up & blocking everything. In the offensive zone, we rarely seem to be do the same. Was really really abvious last night & needs to change, along with the lost faceoffs, or we're not going to survive this series.

Reactions: Huffer and Tommigun

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Can someone tell me why the OT period was some of the worst hockey the Jets have played? Every single attack was a solo effort with zero sustained pressure. They looked nothing like the Jets we know and love.
I agree. While they had a couple of great scoring opportunities the Preds carried the play and were set up in the Jets zone for the majority of the overtime.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
So the building is likely going to be mostly full for warm ups I would bet?

Looking forward to what our crowd comes up with tomorrow. Nashville just provides soooo much ammo.

The building is going to be a force of nature.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Jets are favourites at the moment - they're paying 1.74:1 vs 2.15:1 for the Preds.

m.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Couldn’t agree more. Enström is way over his head atm. But then again, he’ll get injured any time now so no point in demoting him ,)

Wouldn't wish an injury upon him; although it is likely for him to suffer another injury, it's just he sucks at being competitive and should be in the pressbox.

Reactions: ATLbound

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Has anyone noticed the problems Jets are having along the boards period. In the defensive zone, Hash players are stepping up & blocking everything. In the offensive zone, we rarely seem to be do the same. Was really really abvious last night & needs to change, along with the lost faceoffs, or we're not going to survive this series.

I am not concerned. We have done pretty well for the most part. One play that did bug me was the ring around in our own zone to the far side, they knew it and read it every time. I hope Maurice adjusted and that is enough of that. I mean the Preds breakout half the time is a stupid flip up in the air and it somehow works in the NHL

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Can someone tell me why the OT period was some of the worst hockey the Jets have played? Every single attack was a solo effort with zero sustained pressure. They looked nothing like the Jets we know and love.

That's what happens when you are afraid to play your 4th line (Hendricks). You overplay the top 9 in regulation and they run out of gas in OT... IMO it's PoMo's fault.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I agree. While they had a couple of great scoring opportunities the Preds carried the play and were set up in the Jets zone for the majority of the overtime.

Out third period was our best period of the series so far. Partly because they sat back and played 6 goalies, Jets style. But we looked gassed and worn out in overtime. I think we are a lot more banged up then the Preds, not even counting who is sitting out for us, I just mean in lineup. Hoping the guys can keep pushing. Wheels is clearly hurt and has been so so, Laine is hurt we know he missed practices and he looks either a nagging injury or just completely out of gas. Lowry has been weak since the start of the Wild series. And seems to be getting worse game by game. Not sure if Connor is hurt or just struggling. We are still hanging in and look good, but we need some guys to step up. Connor, Ehlers, Little are 3 big ones for me. Buff (for most part) Tanev, Helly and Scheif are carrying us so far this series. But that double overtime was a first for us, that Preds team has had to push through
Games like that a lot the past couple years. Learning experience of what it takes for us

Reactions: Tommigun

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You'd think they were a good team with the best top 4 D collection in the NHL. We countered pretty well ourselves and ended up pushing possession. Nash will always close off well because of their back end talent and the Jets will attempt to counter with speed. Not everything going to go as it is drawn up on the board when 2 top teams play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad