Pre-Game Talk: Rd 2 Game 3 - Preds vs Jets - Tue May 1, 7:00pm CT (series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Enstrom in the pressbox results in a less optimal Jets roster. He's better than any of our other options by every single metric that wins games.
He can be better that I know. The analytic crowd keep saying people only look at his one mistake that lead to a goal and not overall play, well I haven't liked his overall play that much thru two games personally. I know he can be better but haven't been thrilled. He also kills offense when puck is on his stick in o-zone it seems. He needs to elevate his game and quick, that's the way I feel.
I'd insert Morrow for Chiarot.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Lol, all the talk about how bad Enstrom was and no talk of the Myers clown show.

The high event crowd is out in full force.

Reactions: Evil Little

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He can be better that I know. The analytic crowd keep saying people only look at his one mistake that lead to a goal and not overall play, well I haven't liked his overall play that much thru two games personally. I know he can be better but haven't been thrilled. He also kills offense when puck is on his stick in o-zone it seems. He needs to elevate his game and quick, that's the way I feel.
I'd insert Morrow for Chiarot.

Small sample size alert but Toby has been our worst player analytically through the first two games this series with a 29% CF. I don't think he is up to speed yet because he isn't as bad a player as he's shown but I don't think we can afford to wait much longer if this caliber of play continues. I would put Morrow back in with Buff and give Toby sheltered minutes until his game is better.

Reactions: Mathil8

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Predator fans chants are on the level of a 5 year old child and they are not creative at all.

I am looking forward to seeing the Jets in control of matchups and not hearing the same ****ty chant every time the Preds score.

Although I wouldn't mind if our crowd mocked it a bit...

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Small sample size alert but Toby has been our worse player analytically through the first two games this series with a 29% CF. I don't think he is up to speed yet because he isn't as bad a player as he's shown but I don't think we can afford to wait much longer if this caliber of play continues. I would put Morrow back in with Buff and give Toby sheltered minutes until his game is better.
This is exactly what I'm saying. Good post. I know the player he can be, he hasnt been that in the two games. And it would be tough to expect him to jump in mid playoff and be top form, but as you said we don't have much time to let him catch up.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Enstrom in the pressbox results in a less optimal Jets roster. He's better than any of our other options by every single metric that wins games.

I would agree if Toby was healthy and playing up to his capabilities but imo he hasn't played close to them the last two games. I'm sure its due to him being off for quite some time and not being 100% healthy but given how he has looked lately I am not so sure he is our best option for a top 4 spot until his game returns to form.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Funny thing about that OT goal is Enstrom is about the only one who played it correctly.

When did it become socially acceptable to obstinately ignore all facts to maintain a ridiculous opinion? Why would anyone want to be so emphatically yet demonstrably wrong?

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I would agree if Toby was healthy and playing up to his capabilities but imo he hasn't played close to them the last two games. I'm sure its due to him being off for quite some time and not being 100% healthy but given how he has looked lately I am not so sure he is our best option for a top 4 spot until his game returns to form.
Disagree completely, I think how poorly he played is being blown out of proportion. He is a much better option that Chiarot and Morrow, especially at home. He can be better but the Jets need his game much more than what the other two provide. They need to ride with Enstrom, he's their best option against a fast team like Nashville.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Well I prefer Poolman personally but I haven't thought Myers has been bad at all.
He's lost with the puck. He can't make decisions quick enough. It causes him to exhaust his reasonable options. The benefit he has over guys like Chiarot and Stuart is that he has the physical gifts to save himself from himself. If he had an average IQ with the puck he's be top pair

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Disagree completely, I think how poorly he played is being blown out of proportion. He is a much better option that Chiarot and Morrow, especially at home. He can be better but the Jets need his game much more than what the other two provide. They need to ride with Enstrom, he's their best option against a fast team like Nashville.

It seems like a lot of people can't evaluate hockey intelligence. The way he defuses plays. I think a lot of the hate is from people who don't understand what he's doing when he eats the puck in the corner.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
It seems like a lot of people can't evaluate hockey intelligence. The way he defuses plays. I think a lot of the hate is from people who don't understand what he's doing when he eats the puck in the corner.
If Myers and Chiarot could learn how and when to do that, we'd give up a lot less and break out a lot more easily.

Darth Jet

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg
Getting Perreault would be huge for us. The ability to continually play four lines will be key if we get another overtime game. Our top guys looked a lot more tired then theirs did. I believe Lowry can still take it to another level and would like to see him more involved, whether by being physical or getting close and personal with Rinne.

Whiteout will be rocking something fierce tomorrow and the beers will flowing nicely down Donald Street!

Go Jets Go!!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Predator fans chants are on the level of a 5 year old child and they are not creative at all.

You can't really blame the people down there --it's their lifestyle. Most of those Southerner's have Stills in their backyard, and make their own Moonshine. You get really high on that stuff, and it really messes with your mind. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad