Pre-Game Talk: Rd 2 Game 3 - Preds vs Jets - Tue May 1, 7:00pm CT (series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
If Perreault Armia and Kulikov all return soon just hand the Jets the cup right now
You might want to consider a username change... :laugh:

ob·jec·tive /əbˈjektiv/
(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
We don't have a beat writer at the Athletic yet. But they sent LeBrun to cover us....well TSN sent him but since he also writes for the Athletic he's picked up that role.

I don't believe Nashville has a beat writer at the Athletic either. Scott Burnside seems to be doing something similar to what LeBrun is doing but from a Nashville point of view.

By definition Murat is our Athletic beat writer but that is besides the point. I'm just being selfish and want more WPG centric content :laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
By definition Murat is our Athletic beat writer but that is besides the point. I'm just being selfish and want more WPG centric content :laugh:

He's the Winnipeg "analytics " expert. He told his story on the radio, how James Mirtle new him from years ago when he used to write articles on Erik Tulsty's blog site and contracted him to write analytical pieces.

The Athletic hasn't yet launched The Athletic Winnipeg yet. When they do they will likely have beat writers for the Jets and Bombers

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
He generally wants Maurice to talk about the player resonsibilties on plays or in situations. He gets the coach to share things others don't. Listen to how he asks the questions. The last three questions of the presser today
I agree he does ask good questions. I just don't think he should ask questions about how they lost the next day. The team is young and is moving forward. The best players in any sport are the ones who can forget about the past game and learn from it but at the same time move forward.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I guess we're temporarily free of St. Laurent for a while?
Unknown-1.jpeg

Reactions: Tommigun

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I agree he does ask good questions. I just don't think he should ask questions about how they lost the next day. The team is young and is moving forward. The best players in any sport are the ones who can forget about the past game and learn from it but at the same time move forward.
If Maurice doesn't want to answer the question that's one thing, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking the question.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
You know for some reason I've got a really good feeling about this coming game. First two games they rope-a-doped a win, battled into overtime in a game that could have gone either way. Now they're at home, last change, whiteout crowd into it, and they've got their playoff hockey legs under them. 4-1 with play mostly in the offensive zone.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can someone explain this to me. Why is it at home games, the Winnipeg Jets have been so much more physical during the playoffs then when they go on the road they taper it off considerably?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Can someone explain this to me. Why is it at home games, the Winnipeg Jets have been so much more physical during the playoffs then when they go on the road they taper it off considerably?
Don't wanna get the other team going as the crowd would get into it more?

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
We don't have a beat writer at the Athletic yet. But they sent LeBrun to cover us....well TSN sent him but since he also writes for the Athletic he's picked up that role.

I don't believe Nashville has a beat writer at the Athletic either. Scott Burnside seems to be doing something similar to what LeBrun is doing but from a Nashville point of view.

Is there an award realizing that you've had The Athletic subscribed from February on, and you've paid for it, but just never realized it?

Because I would like to propose it as the "grieves is slightly confused" Award.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Thats pretty cheap. I will definitely have to look into it now.

I got a 40% off promo last week and signed up.

When you hear most of the contributors on the radio or on podcasts they say that if there isn't a promo code available, to message them on Twitter and they'll dig one up for you.

Dellow and Mirtle, specifically, if I recall, but it's worth trying Ates, too.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
You know for some reason I've got a really good feeling about this coming game. First two games they rope-a-doped a win, battled into overtime in a game that could have gone either way. Now they're at home, last change, whiteout crowd into it, and they've got their playoff hockey legs under them. 4-1 with play mostly in the offensive zone.

Can someone tell me why the OT period was some of the worst hockey the Jets have played? Every single attack was a solo effort with zero sustained pressure. They looked nothing like the Jets we know and love.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Really?
Sounds like too me he wants Maurice to throw the player(s) under the bus. We all saw the play ... it was a series of unfortunate events that lead to a OT lost. Let it go ... the game is OVER.
Players and coaches want to move forward but reporters don't ... they need to sell a story.
Couldn't agree more.

Remember the epic encounter after one of Lawless' long winded monologues when Maurice retorted "is there a question in there?"

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Oh my Jets friends, that OT loss last night was just part of our magical journey. It stung a little, but onwards we go.
I like where we are.

It's a process a learning curve. You have to experience pain and defeat to progress and move forward.

YetAnotherGM

Jan 8, 2014
Trick to getting the 40% offer for TheAthletic: Sign up on the mobile device and then login to your account on the PC. Once I clicked to sign up for paid subscription I was offered 40%.

Logging only into the PC only got me 25%

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
We are lucky to hav this guy added to our local coverage. He actually asks intelligent pointed questions.

Murat is really a breath of fresh air. I found the question about having a green light on the pinch odd though. It's not about having a green light, the Jets activate their D up the wall all the time, so does Nashville, it's a standard read for both the D and the forwards, both coaches trust their players to make the right reads. How many of those plays happened last night without a goal or even a scoring opportunity the other way? It was poor execution by a number of players that led to the goal, not a bad pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad