Pre-Game Talk: Rd 2 Game 3 - Preds vs Jets - Tue May 1, 7:00pm CT (series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
That FAKE Subban crosscheck to Laine while he was down should be reviewed.
To make it worst, he went down like he broke his leg. Then crawled back to the PREDS bench.

Norris Trophy candidate, he does so many mistakes that almost cost him team the game.
Hope He gets labeled in game 3.

Laine got him pretty good with a slash to the back of the leg.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Jets have won their last 12 straight at home. The last time they lost at home was February 27/2018 to the Preds. The Jet's will come out a "smokin" and I hope the great Winnipeg fans can inspire them, and cheer them on to victory.

This will be an exciting game-- probably very close, like last one. I wouldn't mind if the Jets blew them out, and saved my nerves a bit though. :tvhappy:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The decline is real because he got beat 1v1 against a very good player? Seriously? Enstrom has declined over the years in aspects of his game but this is complete hyperbole. Jomo got completely walked by Arvidsson, I assume that's also inexcusable? Probably not, because Helle made a save.

This just in, the NHL has a lot of really skilled forwards who are really, really good with the puck and are capable of beating defenders 1v1. Not sure how getting beat by a guy of Johansen's calibre qualifies as "inexcusable". I'll also add, it would benefit most people to watch that entire play again, Enstrom was put in a terrible position to defend that by Scheifele, he was completely caught against the flow of play, had to try to re-establish his gap and come halfway across the ice because Buff got caught moving forward by the Scheifele play as well.

Scheifele knew what he did, he wasn't pissed on the bench after the goal because Enstrom got burned.

No it was just hyperbole to make a point...Enstrom seems a bit slower. I remember him being a lot quicker in all aspects of his game. Luckily for the Jets Morrissey looks to be better than prime Enstrom so Jets are still in good shape with two puck movers on the left side.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
What the Jets need to do to win this Series --they need to roll 4 scoring lines and come at the Preds in waves with all lines being able to score. They need to move out Hendricks out of the lineup, and I would insert Mathias, as he's big and fast. I'd prefer Armia or Perrault, but until their ready, we need a guy that can keep up with game speed.

Also, our young talented guys "have gotta" start scoring !!! It's critical that Laine, Connor, Little and Ehlers start to score. If we didn't have Scheiffle in this series, we'd be in big trouble, as he's done most of the scoring. I think the young guys are adjusting to the loud boisterous crowds -- they need to forget about that, and play like they can.

On defense-- I'd like to see Morrow replace Toby Enstrom, as he's a great smooth skater, and also has a good shot from the point, and is much more physical in those board battles in the corner. He was a former 1st round draft pick, and I've been impressed when he's been in the lineup. We need "all" those extra goals from our D-men that we can get. The Preds score a lot from their Dmen, and we can as well-and we do with Buff and Myers. We need the other guys to start scoring, and I've noticed Morrissey also has a great point shot -- Jet's should use this.

Also the Jet's need to keep their discipline --so far not to bad, and if they do all this, we definitely have a good shot at taking this series.:thumbu:

You did notice the score in the last game right?
Scoring is not a Jet problem.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Replacing Enstrom with Morrow while leaving Chiarot in is simply stupidity at its finest. Did people ever think that Enstrom tends to take on tougher competition then Chiarot or Morrow and still manages better results? My god it’s nothing but willful ignorance at this point.
So you mean like the defensive lineup we had in the first series. I don't feel stupid, I don't feel ignorant and I did not see Enstrom managing better results.
Calling names does not solidify your point at all.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Laine got him pretty good with a slash to the back of the leg.

He faked his injury when he crossed check Laine while he was down and Stastny gave him a whack after. Stastny was at the other side of Laine. He could not have given him that much pain.
Unless Fake Subban is weak physically but i dont think so. Fake tough ... definitely.

Reactions: ocdaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->