Pre-Game Talk: RD 2 Game 1 - Jets vs Predators - Fri Apr 27 7:00pm CT (CBC NBCSN SN360 TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
We're there any updates of practice lines today. Missed most of the day on radio. I'm a bit in the dark on this. Sorry folks the GDT is gonna be a late post. Major "lurking" going on.

Nothing updated today that I recall. Armia still non contact.

Expecting what we saw Tuesday. Here's what Munz reported.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Nothing updated today that I recall. Armia still non contact.

Expecting what we saw Tuesday. Here's what Munz reported.

Ugh, I don't like that bottom 6 at all.

Rather see:

Dano - Little - Roslovic
Copp - Lowry- Tanev.

I hate how Maurice is insistent on dressing Hendricks, although to be fair he hasn't been as bad as I expected.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Was one of those guys who said this during the leafs collapse 5-4 in Winnipeg last season “Matthews stopped by Hutchinson, here comes number 2 he shoots and scores. Patrik Laine, hat trick!”

That “here comes number 2” line annoyed the hell outta me. Call me petty, but I cannot stand that guy after he said that.

I don't mind that call, it was accurate. #1 missed and #2 didn't. That was a great moment either way.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I don't mind that call, it was accurate. #1 missed and #2 didn't. That was a great moment either way.

There was a lot of hype before that game, as it was the first time Laine and Matthews faced each other after the draft. I don't hold that call against him. I much prefer him to Romanuk. It may just be nostalgia but I really enjoy Bob Cole despite the mistakes he makes.

Reactions: Oilpeg

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
There was a lot of hype before that game, as it was the first time Laine and Matthews faced each other after the draft. I don't hold that call against him. I much prefer him to Romanuk. It may just be nostalgia but I really enjoy Bob Cole despite the mistakes he makes.

Love Bob Cole, even if most don't. Where does Chris Cuthburt work? Is he not on Sportsnet? I guess not because he's still doing CFL games, always thought he was really good.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets probably need to get 2 wins in Nashville.
As Preds is capable of taking 1 in Jets Land.

Doesnt have to be 1st and 2nd game.

It can be

1st and 5th game :)

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
It's a wonderful situation for Jets. Imagine being told this situation rwo months ago, let alone start of the season. Already a successful season. Only things to win.

And after first round it's pretty much 50% chance we proceed in my opinion. Predators were a bit weaker than I thought.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
laine 20 bday.png

I figured out what's wrong with Laine and this malaise thing. Please refer to Bday pic above: that's Cilantro around his neck!

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Love Bob Cole, even if most don't. Where does Chris Cuthburt work? Is he not on Sportsnet? I guess not because he's still doing CFL games, always thought he was really good.

Maybe we'll get Cuthbert on the NBC broadcasts. He's the best play by play guy working right now.

So lucky to have him calling CFL games.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The speed of the game has far surpassed the speed of Bob Cole's neural capacitors. He's hard to listen to...

Laine out at praccy again today. I'm a little worried now, but still confident he'll be playing tomorrow...

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The speed of the game has far surpassed the speed of Bob Cole's neural capacitors. He's hard to listen to...

Laine out at praccy again today. I'm a little worried now, but still confident he'll be playing tomorrow...
It is worrisome, but his game has been so good lately, he can afford to miss some normal practices if he needs to in order to be 100% against the Preds.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
if its alright with you guys, i would totally love to hop on the jets bandwagon. you guys have an amazing team and i would rather the cup be in Canada than not!

Go jets go!

sure. You and all your leafy brethren are welcome to hop on. But just remember, once the puck drops at the start of next season...well...I hate you. I hate you with the searing intensity of a thousand suns! :mad:

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad