Pre-Game Talk: RD 2 Game 1 - Jets vs Predators - Fri Apr 27 7:00pm CT (CBC NBCSN SN360 TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_1006.jpg

If Maurice is to be taken at his word (to not practice three days in a row) the team will only practice one more time likely today.

With Toby and Ehlers looking good to go the only question marks remain

Armia - UBI practicing non-contact
Laine - Low fat malaise

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Copied to this thread from the series thread as it suits better here....

So I've been thinking about this, and I think the Jets have a better chance of winning the series than the Preds.

I think we have an edge in goaltending, as Rinne has been inconsistent.
Healthy Defence, I think we are even but I think we have more depth in case of injuries.
Forwards I think we have more skill and depth. It's very close, but I think we edge them out here.
They have the experience of last year's run.
We have youth and stamina.
We have suffered through lots of injuries to top players all year and have not skipped a beat.
The Preds all season have not had to test their depth players much, relatively speaking.

It's hockey and anything can happen, but I'm not going into this thinking we are an inferior team by any means.

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
sooo excited!

the Jets have exceeded every expectation I have had this year.
They have won in a way that, I think, terrifies other teams in the league. A dogged and determined style, attacking in waves, with speed, talent, and size. Backed by stable goal-tending.
No real highs, no real lows, no big streaks either way, just day to day game after game grinding out wins, brushing off losses and injuries with barely a falter in progress.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It's on CBC so that means no Romanuk and Galley doing commentary, correct? Correct?!? PLEASE TELL ME THAT'S CORRECT!!!!!

No that does not guarantee anything. If Toronto advances Hughson and Simpson will be assigned to the Leafs series. That would mean we would likely get one of Romanuk or Randorf as our PxP guy. They also used Ball in the first round but I doubt he would be the one.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
What of Frenchy?

This is gonna be a dandy! Can't wait. Hoping we can steal one in their barn early. Of course, 2 would be even better!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
What of Frenchy?

This is gonna be a dandy! Can't wait. Hoping we can steal one in their barn early. Of course, 2 would be even better!

Frenchy has not yet skated. I don't think he'll be available for game 1 or game 2. Perhaps even longer.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
sooo excited!

the Jets have exceeded every expectation I have had this year.
They have won in a way that, I think, terrifies other teams in the league. A dogged and determined style, attacking in waves, with speed, talent, and size. Backed by stable goal-tending.
No real highs, no real lows, no big streaks either way, just day to day game after game grinding out wins, brushing off losses and injuries with barely a falter in progress.
This really has been their MO all year. Consistency should win them the series. I just don't see them losing 4 games in any 7-game set.

Preds have some dubious players on their team that we need to watch out for. I'm not just saying this because I've grown to dislike them. Watson, Hartman, Hartnell, Forsberg, Emelin, Smith and Subban all with fines and/or suspensions in their history. I don't normally buy the targeting narrative but I wouldn't absolve Nashville of this tactic.

If the Jets come out and play the exact same way they've played all year, we will prevail. When the Jets are at their best, no team could beat us 4 out of 7.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Must have been 2% malaise hope it doesn't turn into the heavy cream version.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It feels like it's been a hundred years since we watched the boys play. Its great to get a rest and time to heal but I WANT TO WATCH THE JETS!!!

I had to re-watch game 5 last night to get my fix. Watched the FSN homer broadcast. Wow fun to see those homers Lapanta and Greenway take it on the chin :)

They were in complete denial even when the score was 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad