Pre-Game Talk: RD 2 Game 1 - Jets vs Predators - Fri Apr 27 7:00pm CT (CBC NBCSN SN360 TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Stomach bugs between two best friends that began the day after Laine's 20th birthday.

If the two of them did anything other than play video games with Laine's mother in the other room making snacks I'd swear the two of them were recovering from a bender.

I think we should name this malaise after its first victim, and call it the... wait for it...

Barrie Trots. :D

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I would rather see Roslovic on the third line over Tanev.

At what point do we stop talking about Tanev's use?

It's clear Maurice is not concerned about having the third line set as a scoring line, particularly with Perreault & Armia out.

Once Frenchie & the One-man Army return, tactics will change.

In the interim our bottom six features only two right hand shots, with both healthy scratches shooting left as well.

I've got no issue with how coach has the lines set.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The way our players seem to drop like flies we will probably need every one of them before all is said and done

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I'm sure this has been asked but I'm not going to look for the answer, so I'll ask again

Why is Game 4 starting at 8:30 pm?

Your answers (even the smart@$$ comments) appreciated ...

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
C'mon it's ****ing huge man! Look at the size of that thing!
giphy.gif

Reactions: Jets 31

Tagleeandeddy

Jul 16, 2015
Winnipeg
I heard from an inside source with TN that Ehlers actually had concussion symptoms which is why he was held out. Malaise explained.

Trust it or not, fully up to you.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I heard from an inside source with TN that Ehlers actually had concussion symptoms which is why he was held out. Malaise explained.

Trust it or not, fully up to you.

It was pretty obvious to me the way it played out. If only I had voiced my opinion? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gotaf7

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'm sure this has been asked but I'm not going to look for the answer, so I'll ask again

Why is Game 4 starting at 8:30 pm?

Your answers (even the smart@$$ comments) appreciated ...

Sometimes the wishes of TV networks prevail. I’m sure NBC would have preferred both games to start late but only got their way once

Reactions: SUX2BU

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Sportsnet scrambling to find information on the Jets after treating them as an ugly afterthought all year.

To be fair I live in Toronto and Sportsnet Central has been giving us lots of coverage and in depth pieces since the start of playoffs as well as lots of love from Tim and Sid

Even played a Jets 1.0 playoff game and our last game against the Preds this season during latenight hours over the past couple weeks

Fan 590 too as Millard and Jeff Blair are Manitobans plus Bob McGowan is on the bandwagon

I guess we have the talking heads moreso than the broadcasters

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Am I the only one who would rather have Chariot in the lineup instead of Morrow? I expect this series to be physical, and I think that's a strength of Benny's game
I think it might be physical, but I'm much more worried about making sure we have D that are fast and can retrieve and move pucks quickly. Myers struggles with that, and Myers with Chiarot would really struggle, I think. I think Morrow gives the Jets more mobility, which is going to be key in this series.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Am I the only one who would rather have Chariot in the lineup instead of Morrow? I expect this series to be physical, and I think that's a strength of Benny's game
I am not looking forward to Myers/Chiarot but I think we might see that if Morrow/Myers doesn't work out. Play the snot out of the other 4 and let the third pairing play limited minutes.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Almost seems like
Morrissey Trouba
Morrow Buff
Enstrom Myers

Would be a safer balance of the forces?

Morrow with Buff would balance it out, but as good as Buff is with zone exits, I want to limit zone entries. The left is obviously the weak side, so having Enstrom with Buff would make the strongest pairing available. Play Morrissey/Trouba for 26-28 minutes, Enstrom/Buff for 24, and the bottom for 8-10.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Would have been three days in a row. They had no media availability today either. They are just about to land in Nashville

IMG_1020.jpg
I'm all mixed up, I thought that someone had tweeted that Laine wasn't at practice today. Must have been a post from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad