Pre-Game Talk: RD 2 Game 1 - Jets vs Predators - Fri Apr 27 7:00pm CT (CBC NBCSN SN360 TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Some interesting numbers from Bet365:

To Win Series:
Sharks: 2.15:1
Golden Knights: 1.74:1

Jets: 2.20:1
Preds: 1.71:1

Penguins: 1.86:1
Caps: 1.95:1

Bruins: 2.20:1
Lightning: 1.71:1

In other words, the Jets are tied with the Bruins as the longest shot underdogs out of all eight teams. Time for us to embrace that underdog role, no?

For tomorrow night's game we're even bigger dogs, paying 2.30:1 vs. 1.66:1 for the Predators. Time for some happiness insurance methinks.

m.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Morrow with Buff would balance it out, but as good as Buff is with zone exits, I want to limit zone entries. The left is obviously the weak side, so having Enstrom with Buff would make the strongest pairing available. Play Morrissey/Trouba for 26-28 minutes, Enstrom/Buff for 24, and the bottom for 8-10.
I'm not sure Toby could handle 24 minutes. I think we'll see Maurice run the RD a bit more on special teams, including perhaps using two RD on the PK at times.

Noeller

Dec 13, 2007
Oil Country
Jets absolutely gotta get a split outta the first two in Nash. Hoping they can set the tone in the first game. Minnie missing most of their best players was a glorified AHL team...Nash gonna be a whole 'nother beast, especially if the Jets are dinged up right now. Praying for miracles!

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
So our Winnipeg Jets are going to fight hard thru these first two games and come home up 2 games to 0... :thumbu: :nod:

believe - uskoa - tro på - верить - tro - croyez - vjerovati

Go :jets Go

Blame it on my ADD baby...

Sail...

Last edited by a moderator:

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Jets absolutely gotta get a split outta the first two in Nash. Hoping they can set the tone in the first game. Minnie missing most of their best players was a glorified AHL team...Nash gonna be a whole 'nother beast, especially if the Jets are dinged up right now. Praying for miracles!
With all respect, it won’t take divine intervention for the Jets to win this series.

A bit of prayer can’t necessarily hurt tho;)

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
We're there any updates of practice lines today. Missed most of the day on radio. I'm a bit in the dark on this. Sorry folks the GDT is gonna be a late post. Major "lurking" going on.

Zhamnov not trying to be a pain... :D

But can we get like a ballpark window on the GDT ETA( 'Estimated Time of Arrival' )? :thumbu:

You have to know Zhamnov that were all pins a needles waiting for the first second round GDT... :naughty:

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Zhamnov not trying to be a pain... :D

But can we get like a ballpark window on the GDT ETA( 'Estimated Time of Arrival' )? :thumbu:

You have to know Zhamnov that were all pins a needles waiting for the first second round GDT... :naughty:

Thanks in advance...

Well I don't want to promise something I can't deliver but all signs point to 12:00am... thanks to my day of the week mishap yesterday. Note - I'm saving the BIG GUNS for our Home GDT's... but hopefully people will still enjoy this.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Well I don't want to promise something I can't deliver but all signs point to 12:00am... thanks to my day of the week mishap yesterday. Note - I'm saving the BIG GUNS for our Home GDT's... but hopefully people will still enjoy this.

Man don't you know by now that your the best...

Take your time and many thanks for the heads up...

Thanks again Zhamnov...

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017

Excellent...

Glad the yellow mustard ownership realizes that after losing their first two home games to the Winnipeg Jets their yellow mustard fans have a special SAFE place to go to...

Get all of your anger out mustard fans after each devastating loss... :thumbu:

Its for charity while you are all crying mustard tears out loud... :cry: :cry: :cry:

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't often post in opposing teams threads, but i do read them often and was wondering why every other fan base gets pissed when fans from the opposing team post comments in their thread. When others post in here i find it interesting, i enjoy hearing from the opposition. I get it when its trolling comments, but usually its just fun conversation. Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB

Excellent...

Glad the yellow mustard ownership realizes that after losing their first two home games to the Winnipeg Jets their yellow mustard fans have a special SAFE place to go to...

Get all of your anger out mustard fans after each devastating loss... :thumbu:

Its for charity while you are all crying mustard tears out loud... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kinda curious when other teams stop bringing up the Thrashers. It’s not like I see other people call the Titans the Tennessee Oilers....

Reactions: Jetster231

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
They actually think it bothers us.... :laugh:

When in reality its all in their mustard heads.... :loony:
large_9a48b3da-0764-44db-b33e-2c702c5aefa0.png

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Kinda curious when other teams stop bringing up the Thrashers. It’s not like I see other people call the Titans the Tennessee Oilers....

Some thirty years later they're still calling them the Calgary Flames...

Lulz aside I gotta say I don't get that whole 'Winnipeg Thrasher' thing. We know where our team came from. I'm proud of everything about our team and that includes our Georgia origins. Frankly, whenever someone trolls our Thrasher beginnings all they're doing is metaphorically slapping Atlanta fans in the face. And they've been through enough - they don't need to be reminded of how they lost their team to because of the wallowing incompetence of their ownership group.

Given how close we were to having the 'Winnipeg Predators' back in 2007 (ish?) you'd think that Predators fans would be reluctant to browbeat their southern neighbours. Too bad they don't buy into that whole 'southern hospitality' thing.

m.

Reactions: Aggie204 and Kismet

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Almost seems like
Morrissey Trouba
Morrow Buff
Enstrom Myers

Would be a safer balance of the forces?

That's if you want to balance the pairings. I say let the top 2 pairings play 47-50 minutes a night and give Morrrow-Myers easy a sheltered 10-13 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->