Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
now here's to hoping I can get Almas in a title program now that a babyface has the U.S. Title.

Almas vs. Rusev, let's go

god damn we can get a HOSS battle between Rusev and Joe

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think they’re doing this with Ali because they think they need to push a middle eastern-looking person (even though he is of Pakistani descent) and he isn’t the stereotypical foreign heel you would expect thus the crowds respect him. It’s not a big joke like Jinder’s push was.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think they’re doing this with Ali because they think they need to push a middle eastern-looking person (even though he is of Pakistani descent) and he isn’t the stereotypical foreign heel you would expect thus the crowds respect him. It’s not a big joke like Jinder’s push was.

That was my first thought, just Vince gearing up for the next Saudi show. :dunno:

Not to take anything away from Ali, though, I don't watch 205 but he's looked solid on the main roster.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
we should all be thankful that Ali isnt a foreign heel stereotype

yet

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

It also helps that Ali is really, really, really good and while this push is out of nowhere and perhaps with iffy reasoning - it's still far better than below average Jinder who lost for 9 months straight before winning the title

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Smackdown’s midcard is so loaded.

Rusev, Ali, Almas, Mysterio, Hardy, Joe, Nakamura, a couple weeks of good showings and Benjamin is a viable challenger, too.

Really excited with the push Ali is getting already even though I want Almas to be moving up the card.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
it took me a good 60 seconds, plus a google search, to realise who you were talking about :laugh:
the crazy thing is he pinned Styles and Bryan iirc when they were both faces challenging for the WWE Title and then just disappeared off TV.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Mustafa Ali picking up another win as a member of the SD roster, pinning Almas on the taped SD happening now.

Bittersweet

On one hand. I f***ing adore Ali and want him to be pushed to the top of the mountain.

On the other hand, Almas is being used exactly how he was in NXT before Zelina. Putting on matches making his opponent look great.

Hopefully his time will come.

Reactions: FultonReed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: