Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Has Zack Ryder even been NXT Champion? Because I feel like Riddle will be in the picture fairly quickly.

Riddle has been outspoken about wanting to face Brock, and I wouldn't be surprised if Vince is clamoring over doing it.

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd be surprised if Vince knew who Matt Riddle even is

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Remember this post.

Another Zack Ryder at best.

Why? People say idiotic things all the time and can just run away from it online. :laugh: Nobody actually has to stand up for the insane things they say.

That's why I try never to state definitives, because nothing is ever definite. It's just an opinion and other opinions should be equally respected. But noooooo. Anyone can say anything online and just run away when it's not true.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Has Zack Ryder even been NXT Champion? Because I feel like Riddle will be in the picture fairly quickly.

Riddle has been outspoken about wanting to face Brock, and I wouldn't be surprised if Vince is clamoring over doing it.

NXT wasn't a thing when Ryder was coming up - he did developmental in Deep South and OVW. He was a 2-time tag team champion in Deep South as part of The Major Brothers with Bryan Majors (now Curt Hawkins) and they were also tag champs in OVW. No singles championships in developmental though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ryder did come back to NXT to work with Mojo Rawley.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If this dude from barstool said tonight’s main event will make headlines or whatever he said I can’t see this ending in interference from the Raw brand. I just can’t.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If this dude from barstool said tonight’s main event will make headlines or whatever he said I can’t see this ending in interference from the Raw brand. I just can’t.
It can the same way they did on Raw last year

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is that the one where Kurt Angle had the walkie talkie cause I have no recollection of what happened last year
Yeah, the Bar won the titles from Dean and Seth in a match everyone forgot was going on.

Had nothing from Raw tonight though.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Anybody read the NXT taping results? They taped two weeks of post-WarGames shows on a San Jose house show this past Thursday.

Some interesting results there:

- Dream beating Gargano
- Black losing to Ciampa in a title rematch (Gargano interference)
- Dream running in and beating down Ciampa and holding up the title
- The 3rd and 4th horsewoman beating Dakota Kai and Kairi in a tag match was a surprise too
- Keith Lee eating his first TV loss

On a funny note: Keith Lee's last match before joining NXT was losing to Mia Yim via pinfall in a singles match LOL

Now this to me says they're going to have a Black/Gargano/Ciampa/Dream combo feud for awhile before anyone gets called up. If any one of these guys gets called up, someone else doesn't have a dance partner unless they do a three-way feud with Gargano, Ciampa, and Dream/Black, so I'm only seeing Dream or Black getting the call-up, if anyone.

Great thing about WarGames is that it didn't settling anything for anyone, but gave us a ton of great matches and allowed all the feuds to continue.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ciampa vs Gargano vs Black vs Dream would tear the house down. So much storytelling, so much spot potential.... I love it

Reactions: FultonReed

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think that 4-way would work as your evil mini-DIY reunion. They would have to work together in order to make it about themselves.

Folks,

Reactions: FultonReed

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Next TakeOver could be pretty solid

Dream/Ciampa/Gargano/Black
War Raiders/UE
Dunne/Ricochet title for title
6 Woman Tag
Riddle/Ohno

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
As we were discussing earlier of whom isn’t ready to call up supposedly Lars Sullivan is getting vignettes tonight.

He’s got potential hut needs more time

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
As we were discussing earlier of whom isn’t ready to call up supposedly Lars Sullivan is getting vignettes tonight.

He’s got potential hut needs more time

Realistically I don't know if there's much more Lars can learn or develop.

Not to say he's fantastic I just think it might be likely that he's hit his personal ceiling.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lars' biggest issue is that for a monster he's only 6'3," but he looks bigger than he is, and Vince still knows how to book monsters. If he wants him to be as over as Strowman, he can talk better than him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Lars' biggest issue is that for a monster he's only 6'3," but he looks bigger than he is, and Vince still knows how to book monsters. If he wants him to be as over as Strowman, he can talk better than him.

From what I saw of him at NXT, he's also surprisingly athletic for a guy that size. He might have some really impressive moves in store.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't love Lars either but I did think his title match with Black was better than I was expecting. By a fair bit.

Was really crediting Black this whole time though.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Realistically I don't know if there's much more Lars can learn or develop.

Not to say he's fantastic I just think it might be likely that he's hit his personal ceiling.

I agree with this. He is what he is.

I don’t see who I’d feud him with on the main roster either asidr from Braun and that feels like a huge step down for Braun.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He’s just going to be a big guy that smaller guys beat to help their push honestly.

Which is fine. Big Show was that for a while, which is why he turned so much, to match who they needed to put over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad