Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Eichel shows his emotions on the ice. It's depressing how much you see him pass the puck to a teammate, just to realize who it is and he visibly sighs and starts turning to play defense because he knows that player is going to lose the puck by fumbling it or by shooting it wide. I can hardly blame him considering who he has played with. I do this myself in beer leagues after I realize the guy I passed it to is incapable of making a play with it. Call me the bad guy all you want, but it's not like I don't give players chances before I get to this point with them- I just can't put in the extra effort when I already know the outcome is that they never look for a pass.

Pretty much what I think. That's why it's much more important to get guys that know what they're doing on the ice, than guys that just work hard with rocks for brains.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Sees Eichel over the last 3 seasons watch in disbelief game after game after setting up his teammates for glorious high success rate scoring chances that they flub or shoot wide or right into the chest of a goalie. And you really ask if Dahlin and Eichel will be on the ice together ?! Hopefully as much as possible.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Potential loaded PP1

Jack-RoR-Sam

Mitts-Dahlin

If that lineup is used, hopefully there will be a plan that isn't just 4 dudes standing around waiting for Jack to do stuff

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I saw just Gil and Rasmus posing out in front of the French Connection statue by the arena as I was sniffing out food trucks. A pleasant surprise for the modest crowd they drew. And my god is RD lanky. He's going to really need to fill out.

Reactions: TheStorm

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I saw just Gil and Rasmus posing out in front of the French Connection statue by the arena as I was sniffing out food trucks. A pleasant surprise for the modest crowd they drew. And my god is RD lanky. He's going to really need to fill out.
My brother got a picture with those two just now, the snot.

Reactions: Chainshot

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
36043384_1560504120746003_7558359670285402112_n.jpg

At least he has his dental career to fall back on if this hockey thing doesn't work out.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Like 90% of prospects. Yes, he’ll fill out. He should work out with Eichel. He’ll be lifting VW bugs in 6 months :biglaugh:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Potential loaded PP1

Jack-RoR-Sam

Mitts-Dahlin

If that lineup is used, hopefully there will be a plan that isn't just 4 dudes standing around waiting for Jack to do stuff

I’d almost like to see them take Reinhart to the 2nd unit

Erod Reinhart Larson
Olofsson Risto

Larson net front, Erod rover and Reinhart on the wall.

Olofsson as your primary shooter and Risto works the puck with Reinhart.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Erod Reinhart Larson
Olofsson Risto

I quit if they put Johan freakin Larsson on any PP

Reactions: jc17 and Fearnot

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Erod Reinhart Larson
Olofsson Risto

1. Ewww..Larsson on the PP
2. Why are we trying to move Sam away from the net? He's incredible there.

Reactions: jc17 and Fearnot

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
This is for the people with way too much time on their hands, or if you have a rainy day or something. If anyone would be interested in watching archived junior games from Dahlin's U16 season for free, you can do it here:

15/16 season - J18 Elit and J18 Allsvenskan
https://swehockey.play.livearena.com/
Search for "J18 Frölunda" and "Frölunda J18" (you'll get different results).
J18 Elit Schedule/Boxscores: J18 Elit Södra | stats.swehockey.se
J18 Allsvenskan Schedule/Boxscores: J18 Allsvenskan Södra | stats.swehockey.se

Last edited:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
1. Ewww..Larsson on the PP
2. Why are we trying to move Sam away from the net? He's incredible there.

Look to my comment to beers on Larson.

As to Reinhart, I agree he is really good in front of the net, but he is also one of our few excellent passers and I would like to have two really dangerous units, which requires spreading some talent around.

I also prefer the 4-1 approach on the pp. which means one of the Rasmi would be banished to pp2. As I said, I’d like to see it, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad